Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy A51 S515DL Android 12 Update

Feedback Score

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy A51 S515DL Android 12 Update

I see the Android 12 update has popped up.

Has anyone downloaded & installed it yet ?.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-S515DL/TFV/doc.html

Name:  S515DL_A12.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  27.5 KB
    BYOP X 2

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not the same phone model #, but I got that update back in February on my Samsung S21.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Samsung S22, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Google Fi T-mo, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just checked and it's available for my TF-UNLOCKED A51, listed as One UI 4.1 (Android 12). Took about 4 minutes 30 seconds to download, and about 10 minutes to install.
    Last edited by hpham; 05-14-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I just checked and it's available for my TF-UNLOCKED A51, listed as One UI 4.1 (Android 12). Took about 4 minutes 30 seconds to download, and about 10 minutes to install.
    Thanks for being the first thru the door.

Were there any threats & is it safe to proceed ?.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracmac View Post
    Were there any threats & is it safe to proceed ?.

Are you asking about the stability of Android 12 or the legitimacy of the update?

I just got a Samsung S22 a few days ago and it came with Android 12. My daughter also updated her S10+ to Android 12 earlier this week. No problems so far with those phones. So I decided to update my TF A51 which is a spare phone. However, my main phone is a Pixel 4a and it has been nagging me for several months to update to Android 12 but I'm still reluctant to do so.

Feedback Score
    Are you asking about the stability of Android 12 or the legitimacy of the update?

I just got a Samsung S22 a few days ago and it came with Android 12. My daughter also updated her S10+ to Android 12 earlier this week. No problems so far with those phones. So I decided to update my TF A51 which is a spare phone. However, my main phone is a Pixel 4a and it has been nagging me for several months to update to Android 12 but I'm still reluctant to do so.
    I know it's legit, I've actually been checking for it manually for the past month or so.

I just prefer to proceed with caution with new updates when possible.

Sometimes updates can bring unwanted issues & do more harm than good.

I've have also seen where updates get forced on you, even after you have gone out of your way to make sure you disable automatic updates.

My Moto G Stylus did that recently overnight.

Woke up to a prompt to re-boot to finish applying an update.

Never got any prompts about any updates to ignore for the moment, let alone did I consent to download and/or consent to install an update.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2, iPhone SE 1, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I upgraded my unlocked TF A51 to Android 12 yesterday. I don't really use the phone much but seems ok. Don't see much difference just briefly looking at it. Also installed an April security update for Samsung A20 (Android 11).

Name:  Screenshot_20220514-235629_Software update.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  60.1 KB ------------- Name:  new.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  21.3 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I upgraded my unlocked TF A51 to Android 12 yesterday. Don't see much difference just briefly looking at it.
    In my opinion, most of the changes in Android 12 are for appearance.

Feedback Score
    I regret updating my Pixel to Android 12 when it rolled out. The UI of Android 12 is not acceptable

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile1212 View Post
    I regret updating my Pixel to Android 12 when it rolled out. The UI of Android 12 is not acceptable
    You will get used to it. No big deal.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A51, Google Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I updated my TracFone Samsung Galaxy A51 to Android 12 last night. I don't have any issues to report.

I also have a Google Pixel 3a on TF/BYOP AT&T. I downloaded Android 12 to it this afternoon. So far, I haven't noticed any issues with it. However, once I finished downloading Android 12, a large security update became available. I'm letting it download this evening.

No security update for the Galaxy A51 showed up after I installed Android 12 on it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    I updated my TracFone Samsung Galaxy A51 to Android 12 last night. I don't have any issues to report.

No security update for the Galaxy A51 showed up after I installed Android 12 on it.
    I don't remember what security patch the A51 had, but with Android 12 installed, it now has March 1st, 2022 security patch.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A51, Google Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I don't remember what security patch the A51 had, but with Android 12 installed, it now has March 1st, 2022 security patch.
    Thank for checking, hpham! ...My Galaxy A51 had a March 1st, 2022 security patch listed both before and after I downloaded Android 12. There was no change.

If you're using a Pixel 4a, I wouldn't be surprised if once you download Android 12 to it, that you will get a security update to go with your Android 12, too. ...The security update that I received for my Pixel 3a stated that it "fixes critical bugs and improves the performance and stability of your device."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    If you're using a Pixel 4a, I wouldn't be surprised if once you download Android 12 to it, that you will get a security update to go with your Android 12, too. ...The security update that I received for my Pixel 3a stated that it "fixes critical bugs and improves the performance and stability of your device."
    The thing is...reading the List of Android 12 problems reported & fixed (a running list since May 2021) doesn't give me a warm & fuzzy feeling. Since I think most of the Android 12 features are cosmetic, I won't upgrade my main Pixel 4a anytime soon.

Feedback Score

Changed my apn setting

I downloaded the change and was happy with it but later the next day my mobile data was not working. the update changed my APN setting back to "tracfone.verizon" which does not work. Not having internet access I could not look back on this forums old post about this problem and get the correct APN setting. I checked back in about 2 hours and the correct setting was on the phone and once again had internet access.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast