Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Support has been no support

Feedback Score

Tracfone Support has been no support

I purchased plan with 12 GB data and unlimited talk and text. Toward end of first month, I ran out of data (1 GB). I then purchased add-on of 2 GB data. (So I have paid upwards of $240 now) and I still have no data - 0. I've been on chat help 3 times, had 2 calls scheduled from "higher department" neither of which panned out. First one did not call back, 2nd one called back with recorded message saying to press "1" if I made the request, which I did. They responded with "incorrect answer" then this call has timed out. Why will they not add any data back to my phone?? It has been more than 30 days, so the 12 GB plan should have renewed some data by now. (I bought the plan 2 months ago and have only used a 1 GB of data.) The two add on GB of data I purchased for $20 are now listed as "other plan" and I was told they could not access it until this plan runs out (a year from now). I'm ready to dump them (after being a 20 year customer) but I cannot afford to lose the $240. I just want some help!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2, iPhone SE 1, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try calling the Tracfone corporate office at 305 640-2000 x 1029

(another number to try is 800 626 4883 x3324 = this is also Tracfone corp office)

Calling early or later is best to avoid wait times. On the recording when you call it states they are open 8am-5pm est M-F.
    But in reality they seem to be open 8am-11:45 pm est everyday. If it states office is closed, just enter extension when prompted.

I'm not that familiar with the unlimited plan you have but I thought all 12gb of data would be available to you upfront and just carries over. I'm not sure how data works with that plan but I thought the $10 data might be considered paygo data and goes into other plan. Not sure if it would be available to you while unlimited plan is in effect.

The corporate office may be able to help in any case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mailorderannie View Post
    It has been more than 30 days, so the 12 GB plan should have renewed some data by now. (I bought the plan 2 months ago and have only used a 1 GB of data.)
    I don't have any advice for getting the support you need, but just wanted to point out that the 12GB was all available immediately when your plan started. The annual plan does not renew monthly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, little typo in first number, it is 640 not 604 (corrected).

There is currently no wait.

Feedback Score
    I've had troubles with the same plan.. I believe it's the 12gb/12months/unl talk+text plan, listed at $199 net. I purchased this plan using points for my mother as it works fine for her usage. Five months in, I purchased the same plan a second time, and rather than push my service expiration date out 12 months from its current expiration date, it only pushed it out 12 months from the _current_ date, so basically I lost 7 months of service (even though I now have like 20 gb of data).

It's not the same as you, but these annual plans seem to be very finicky and not always work right. Do you recall if when you bought the plan at the first time if it showed the correct expiration of 12 months in the future?

Feedback Score
    Thank you both. I also thought the entire 12 GB of data would be available up front - nothing I read indicated otherwise. It was one of the techs who told me that. I get the feeling no one I talked with knew what to do. It is very frustrating!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Did it always show 12 GB of data in the unlimited plan data bucket?

They may have deleted the 11GB of data left in your unlimited data bucket or something like that.... I'm just guessing though.

I've heard of unlimited plan data bucket amounts disappearing with unlimited plans.

They may owe you 11GB of (unlimited bucket) data. They should be able to see this in billing.

If they fix it by putting data back in "other plan" data then I'm not sure if it would be accessible... So they have to fix it correctly.
    Unless of course other plan data can be used with unlimited plan in effect (w/unlimited plan data bucket empty)

This is the kind of thing they can usually help with.

Feedback Score
    pitflyer, actually, it shows a service expiration date of 9/1/23 and a plan expiration date of 3/25/23. It shows 0 data 2520 minutes and 1114 texts remaining! I suspect carryover min - text - days from my old phone must be a part of the problem. It shows my plan as the $199 plan I purchased, but something is not right and they don't seem to have a clue as to how to fix.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    pitflyer, actually, it shows a service expiration date of 9/1/23 and a plan expiration date of 3/25/23. It shows 0 data 2520 minutes and 1114 texts remaining! I suspect carryover min - text - days from my old phone must be a part of the problem. It shows my plan as the $199 plan I purchased, but something is not right and they don't seem to have a clue as to how to fix.
    The plan expiration is likely when the unlimited plan expires.

But you don't see buckets for that like 11GB (or 12) data unlimited text unlimited minutes ....

The service end date is usually when your other plan paygo buckets expire. Those usually go into effect when unlimited plan expires.

It's not uncommon to have problems with unlimited plans when they mix with paygo plans. I usually avoid unlimited plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    The plan expiration is likely when the unlimited plan expires.

It's not uncommon to have problems with unlimited plans when they mix with paygo plans. I usually avoid unlimited plans.
    I will too, in the future.

Feedback Score
    I do not see bucket showing 11 GB data anywhere. Just "0".

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like they did not add the $199 12 GB unlimited text and talk plan properly.

Usually the unlimited plan is listed first with something like 12GB data | Unl text | Unl talk as the current plan.

And it will have an expiration date.

And then below it will be the other plan which is usually composed of non unlimited paygo/smartphone plans and that takes a back seat to unlimited plan which is primary and will go back in effect when the unlimited plan expires. It will then become the current plan and expire on the service end date. I believe the difference between the unlimited plan exp date and service end date is how much time the paygo plan had left when it got frozen when the unlimited plan went into effect.

So sounds like unlimited plan is missing..... not sure.

But give those numbers a call they may be able to help.
    Last edited by tomseys; 05-17-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks much, tomseys - and all! Darn, it helps just to talk to someone! I think calling corp will be the thing to do. I dread it...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks much, tomseys - and all! Darn, it helps just to talk to someone! I think calling corp will be the thing to do. I dread it...
    It's usually very fast to connect with someone esp at right time. It's not like calling the main number.

Some of the reps are good and may be able to correct it. They have access to billing and the account tools.

Can always hang up and try again if rep seems to not understand or is unhelpful.

When you call, they should always identify themselves as from the Tracfone corporate office when they answer. That is how you know you have the right department.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The PayGo plan is in hibernation while the unlimited plan is in effect. So that the PayGo plan does not lose days of service while in hibernation its expiration date must advance one day for every day that passes... thus you can identify the PayGo plan expiration from the unlimited plan expiration.

It's possible that TF only jumps the PayGo plan expiration date ahead after the unlimited plan expires and the PayGo comes out of hibernation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast