Thread: Anyone currently on Twigby? I have a few questions and a favor.

Feedback Score

Anyone currently on Twigby? I have a few questions and a favor.

I am thinking of getting the 10.00 3gb deal they have going on now but since their chat has the day off and I'm afraid the deal will disappear tomorrow, I was wanting to find out a few things first before buying today.

If I come in on this 6 month 1/2 off deal, will there be other deals during the year that I can qualify for or you only get a deal if you're a new user and port in a number?

If only 1 deal per acct, then could I use Twigby for my 6 months and then port out? I'm not commited to more than the 6 months am I?

Also, do you know what this statement means below in bold italics? I saw it under the offers and was wondering what a 'credit' is and what does it mean by each acct can have 10 credits? I take it to probably mean you can have family members in your household and each family member can get a one time discount and up to 10 family members...one discount per phone?

Maximum ten credits can be redeemed per account/person/household. Credits hold no refundable cash value. Credits excludes taxes and fees. Credits can only be claimed once per phone MEID.

I also would like a referral no if you have one.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I imagine those are Referral Credits & you can only bank 10 at a time. Example: Have 10 Credits already & another Referral is used you still have only 10 Referral Credits.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.18.22

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I imagine those are Referral Credits & you can only bank 10 at a time. Example: Have 10 Credits already & another Referral is used you still have only 10 Referral Credits.
    Thanks so much.

Anyone want to refer me to Twigby? I've never had so much trouble with trying to get a referral. Usually people come out of the woodwork to refer you for something.

Feedback Score
    Looks like Twigby is just another domestic MVNO. So many of them available and most seem to be worse than native carrier plans. Sometimes they can come cheaper in price but with less service levels such as slower speeds, less data or minutes offered and the like.

The 6 months of 12.50 a month for 5GB and unlimited 2G seems to be reasonable in price if its now on Verizon. Tracfone which Verizon acquired is also migrating to all Verizon as well.

Feedback Score
    Went to site.

"When your friends switch, they'll simply enter your name & your phone number during checkout. Then you'll both earn an account credit!"

So you have to disclose your name & number to get the $15 Referral. That's a no for me. For example on Visible Referrals are anonymous.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, you're right. I've tried Reddit, Slickdeals, here and Facebook and I give up on getting referred. No one wants to do it. Maybe if they had a link and not require someone's name and phone number, then people would be more willing. I give up on being referred.

Hopefully Twigby has this 1/2 price deal still tomorrow so I can do a chat. When I tried to sign up, they ask for your phone number and account and PIN from service where you're porting from. They ask for this info when you are ordering their SIM. I want to make sure they don't port my number until next month so need to double check about that before ordering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I've tried Reddit, Slickdeals, here and Facebook and I give up on getting referred. No one wants to do it. Maybe if they had a link and not require someone's name and phone number, then people would be more willing. I give up on being referred.

Hopefully Twigby has this 1/2 price deal still tomorrow so I can do a chat. When I tried to sign up, they ask for your phone number and account and PIN from service where you're porting from. They ask for this info when you are ordering their SIM. I want to make sure they don't port my number until next month so need to double check about that before ordering.
    I wouldn’t worry over a $15 referral. I wouldn’t give out one either if I had one with my name and phone number. Seems like way too much work to put into it. I have obtained much bigger referral bonuses with less work required from companies before amd never requiring name and phone number. There are people who constantly port numbers to cheapest providers but the time and effort don’t justify it if the service quality is good.

I really never understood the MVNO model and how its actually beneficial since I have been on the main carriers own plans. I have tried international roaming sims and Visable trial out of curiosity which is a lower priority service of Verizon and just saw worse service levels even if pricing comes out cheaper at times.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I really never understood the MVNO model and how its actually beneficial since I have been on the main carriers own plans.
    Here's a perspective (mine!) from someone who has *only* used Prepaid / mvno's (I've never been on post-paid!) -

* Postpaid asks for your social, which somehow, feels like a violation, at least to me.

* Finding an mvno involves a lot of trial and error and quite some effort, but if you persist (and if you're lucky), you can save a bundle.

* At least in some instances, you get way more for your money by signing up with an mvno instead of the main carrier. AT&T's hotspot plans are a great example of this, where RedPocket-AT&T gives me 100GB full-hotspot-usable data per month along with unlimited talk+text, while AT&T itself is so stingy with allowing hotspot usage on all their plans!

Maybe I have a weird preference function, but I think I'm an "mvno-lifer" - mvno user for life!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Ime postpaid is advantageous in some instances such as: multi-line discounts, "free" phones, "heavily" discounted phones, multi-line for businesses, detailed call logs, phone tracking, parental controls, out of US coverage, & hold your hand spoon feed you customer service. I'm sure I missed some.

But none of those interest me. So prepaid FTW!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Here's a perspective (mine!) from someone who has *only* used Prepaid / mvno's (I've never been on post-paid!) -

* Postpaid asks for your social, which somehow, feels like a violation, at least to me.

* Finding an mvno involves a lot of trial and error and quite some effort, but if you persist (and if you're lucky), you can save a bundle.

* At least in some instances, you get way more for your money by signing up with an mvno instead of the main carrier. AT&T's hotspot plans are a great example of this, where RedPocket-AT&T gives me 100GB full-hotspot-usable data per month along with unlimited talk+text, while AT&T itself is so stingy with allowing hotspot usage on all their plans!

Maybe I have a weird preference function, but I think I'm an "mvno-lifer" - mvno user for life!
    Also, where else can people get service for as little as $0/30 days, or if paid, $2.50/30 days ($30/360 days), besides a MVNO!?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Also, where else can people get service for as little as $0/30 days, or if paid, $2.50/30 days ($30/360 days), besides a MVNO!?
    Yes, MVNO’s will have cheaper pricing and even some ad supported free ones on the bottom levels. But data priority, peering including latency are always best on native plans. For those who don’t want to give out personal information or have poor credit, the carriers do have prepaid offerings as well. I have yet to see an MVNO provide equal service levels to the main carriers such as peering including latency, offering the fastest speeds, data prioritization levels and so on.

Most MVNO’s just enter into wholesale agreements, buy lower tier services and resell at cheaper prices for a reason.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Yes, MVNO’s will have cheaper pricing and even some ad supported free ones on the bottom levels. But data priority, peering including latency are always best on native plans. For those who don’t want to give out personal information or have poor credit, the carriers do have prepaid offerings as well. I have yet to see an MVNO provide equal service levels to the main carriers such as peering including latency, offering the fastest speeds, data prioritization levels and so on.

Most MVNO’s just enter into wholesale agreements, buy lower tier services and resell at cheaper prices for a reason.
    It depends what kind of data service you want and are willing to pay for.

Not everybody has a data habit, cares about split-second action, or is glued to their phone.

If I can call AAA while out driving, I'm happy.

I don't think phone calls are subject to deprioritization.

So MVNOs have their place for low-octane users who want to pay correspondingly.

Phone companies want you to drool over their latest and greatest life-wasting nonsense. Like a lot of companies do.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    I'm sorry. My private (Howard Forums) mailbox was full. I've cleared a lot more space now. Did you need more than my name and phone number for the Twigby referral?
    Google Pixel 2 on Twigby Alcatel 4052W on Tello

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @Lisme - Good post!