Thread: Need advice in choosing next phone

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score

Need advice in choosing next phone

I get a new phone every three years. Before the present Pixel 3aXL - had a couple of LG phones.
    I prefer to buy phones at the T-Mobile store.

Because I have a hand tremor, I need a phone that takes good dictation of texts. Also need a phone with a largish screen-like 6 1/2 inches. Would not mind a year old model..

We travel a lot, both in the US and overseas. Seem to have coverage everywhere. Should I get one with 5G?

Would like:
    expandable storage
    slightly fast operation ( my pixel works fast enough for me)
    average camera (although for some reason even with my shaky hands, pixel's camera often let's me take acceptable pictures!)
    good at taking verbal commands

Is there a way to delete or hide all the garbage that Samsung puts on their phones?

Thanks.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A low cost device w/o most Samsung bloatware/OS would be a Motorola (close to stock Android) or OnePlus. OnePlus 8 was a great phone, but OPs upgrade to Android 11 broke Bluetooth with my vehicle, and their CS is awful.

Sent from my SM-G991U using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've always had a samsung. They have great customer service, their phones work smoothly, they are fast and I don't mind the bloatware. I remove them from my homescreen and I never see them again. If I were you I would purchase the newest galaxy phone. I'm sure it will have image stabilization so the pictures should be clear. They also have some of the lowest SAR levels (radiation levels). Just something to take into consideration. Also, dictation is through Google so it's pretty much the same on all Android devices. If you get a Samsung make sure the screen is flat and not curved. Hope this helps in making your decision.

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I would look at last year's flagships purchased directly from the manufacturer, unlocked. I can buy my current OnePlus for less than I owe on it.
    Donald Newcomb