Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sprint LTE Sunset

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score

Sprint LTE Sunset

Isn't the Sprint LTE Sunset on 6/30? Curious because there are Sprint sites in my area that aren't upgraded yet and there's no tmobile fallback for coverage or very low TMobile signal hoping these get upgraded soon.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yup. I've seen local sites go from 2CA 20MHz b41 to 20MHz b41, now 10MHz b41. I suspect that 'some' will be just a change from 310-120 to 310-260 and b41/b25, until they physically replace/upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G991U using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Sprint LTE Sunset

Very few Delaware sites converted either (maybe a few in Wilmington. No rural sites, not a one). A few sprint people got switched over to T-Mobile…then switched to AT&T or Verizon

@buckspaul I think they forgot about PA and DE on conversions lol
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Very few Delaware sites converted either (maybe a few in Wilmington. No rural sites, not a one). A few sprint people got switched over to T-Mobile…then switched to AT&T or Verizon

Probably didn't "forget", but have neglected it. They'll either 'switch' the existing sites to "T-Mobile" or decomm. This is T-Mobile's migration, and they may end up losing a lot of customers in some areas. DE is a rather small state, and like many other areas, T-Mobile will cover it on their map... and then have customers leave when service doesn't exist.
    Tmobile and "cover", even where I am has various meaning.
    Last edited by formercanuck; 06-05-2022 at 03:46 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I'm curious to see how many will be immediately flipped to 310-260 vs 310-120 and decommissioned. Today, I was in Granada Hills, roaming on Sprint b25/41. TMobile has a tower about a mile up the road. Will TMobile keep Sprints colocated tower? Similarly for many other locations. While I wouldn't expect an immediate rebuild, I'm curious as to home many will be kept.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post

Lol, They did do one upgrade so far. It's so interesting they put n41 in this very rural valley and speeds are incredible since there's probably not more than 200 people within n41 coverage and probably it has no traffic. But just the fact they did a full upgrade on it is amazing given the rural location.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Its possible that this just happened to be a fiber fed site that T-Mobile wants to keep.
    Ironically, the one local site that was upgraded in my area is a Crown Castle site with fiber, and speeds peak ~1500Mbps., while many of T-Mobile's native sites peak around 800Mbps. I wonder in many cases if its quicker/easier/cheaper to retrofit/keep a Sprint site with fiber than it is to bring in backhaul to T-Mobile sites (microwave currently?). The closest site to me is a colo with Sprint AND T-Mobile. T-Mobile appears to have a microwave backhaul, while Sprint does not. Will T-Mobile use Sprint's fiber or keep their microwave ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the "Sprint keep" site in the north end is down, and I don't see any maintenance trucks or cherry pickers around.

Less than 2 weeks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just as a note, TMobile service in the area is poor to none. Sprint, Verizon and AT&T all have sites within 1/2 mile. Name:  Screenshot_20220616-193609_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  18.8 KBName:  Screenshot_20220616-193312_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  29.3 KB

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Just as a note, TMobile service in the area is poor to none. Sprint, Verizon and AT&T all have sites within 1/2 mile. Name:  Screenshot_20220616-193609_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  18.8 KBName:  Screenshot_20220616-193312_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  29.3 KB

Did they fix the site?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nope. They're not even aware of any issues Name:  Screenshot_20220618-103055_Maps.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  23.5 KBName:  Screenshot_20220618-103020_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  25.2 KB

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    That's ridiculous. Hopefully it's up and running again or it's not been decommissioned

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't hold my breath. While it 'may' be on the upgrade path, T-Mobile's coverage map doesn't support it.
    i.e. That area is showing as 5G UC , yet the area where the Sprint tower is... is right in the middle of 4G LTE only.
    When I check the PCC map, it shows outdoor coverage and 'in car' on LTE 600/700
    It is possible that they have shutdown the site, and it'll take a few weeks to rebuild... but I'm not overly optimistic, given T-Mobile's response.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I see the cherry picker boom truck up at the site today, and 1 level of panels 'removed'.
    I suspect that they may actually be rebuilding the site, and as typical... T-Mobile's left hand doesn't know about the right hand.
    Either way, it'll be another week or 2 before they have panels up, wired and the backend connected with fiber if they are rebuilding.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I see the cherry picker boom truck up at the site today, and 1 level of panels 'removed'.
    I suspect that they may actually be rebuilding the site, and as typical... T-Mobile's left hand doesn't know about the right hand.
    Either way, it'll be another week or 2 before they have panels up, wired and the backend connected with fiber if they are rebuilding.
    When I did my trip back to Ohio last week I drove since I needed the car for some projects I was helping the parents with - and the drive down 65 to 70, the LTE/VoLTE was just terrible and breaking up like mad on Thursday.

Driving back Monday, I had UC most of the drive (just a patch between Dayton and Indy of n71 only - still worked well streaming lossless audio in Apple Music in the car), and a few patches of n71 only up 65, but I got UC anywhere there was any sort of population density.. it was a complete 180 from Thursday, so it seems *those* upgrades did not take too long.

Also, when hiking with a friend around hocking hills, I was amazed to see T-Mobile and AT&T the only ones with actually usable service - the two that had Verizon had nearly zero service until we got a few miles away from the hiking spot - I was not there to use data, but it was nice being able to stream music to a BT speaker that wasnt downloaded, and grabbing a few maps when necessary.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast