Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of switching to US Mobile - need feedback

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score

Thinking of switching to US Mobile - need feedback

4 users are currently on the same account at Tracfone. The service has been flawless. However our usage has changed with more minutes consumed primarily and a bit more data. 1 line is on UL T&T, 1GB and the other 3 lines are on Pay-as-you -go. Two of the lines eliminated their landline last year, so cell phone usage has naturally increased.
    In the past we spent about $40-50 per month for all 4 lines. Now it’s closer to $65-70. Still a pretty good deal, but ……
    I’m also getting a bit weary of monitoring it, adding minutes or data, or text as needed. I think a flat monthly fee on auto pay would be nice. 2 lines are on Verizon & 2 lines currently on AT&T ( will switch to Verizon soon ).
    That’s where US Mobile comes in. UL T&T with 3 GB of shared data is ~ $44 per month for 4 lines on a family / pooled data plan. Easy.

Feedback about your experience would be really appreciated.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon - Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been test driving a US Mobile (Verizon) sim for about 6 months now and I'm liking everything about them.

Selection of services, pricing, and CS

They are probably going to be my go to MVNO when I get done pricking around with TF.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    4 users are currently on the same account at Tracfone. The service has been flawless. However our usage has changed with more minutes consumed primarily and a bit more data. 1 line is on UL T&T, 1GB and the other 3 lines are on Pay-as-you -go. Two of the lines eliminated their landline last year, so cell phone usage has naturally increased.
    In the past we spent about $40-50 per month for all 4 lines. Now it’s closer to $65-70. Still a pretty good deal, but ……
    I’m also getting a bit weary of monitoring it, adding minutes or data, or text as needed. I think a flat monthly fee on auto pay would be nice. 2 lines are on Verizon & 2 lines currently on AT&T ( will switch to Verizon soon ).
    That’s where US Mobile comes in. UL T&T with 3 GB of shared data is ~ $44 per month for 4 lines on a family / pooled data plan. Easy.

Feedback about your experience would be really appreciated.
    It's probably closer to $50-55 with taxes and fees: Taxes & fees include a $2 Service Fee from carrier partners for network access and Regulatory Cost Recovery charges from $1 - $5 per line.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The Pooled plans seem to indicate that all taxes & fees are included - ? Is your experience otherwise energyx ?

The UL plans do add taxes, fees, network access $. according to the website

Would like to hear from someone on the family/ Shared / Pooled plans about the cost

Thanks for the input energyx
    And TacoDan

“Setting up a shared plan is simple
    Select the number of lines and the total amount of shareable data you want. All lines
    include unlimited talk & text! Creating a Pooled Plan is now available on desktop! Mobile
    version coming soon.
    How many lines do you need?
    Just $9 per line. Really!
    Total monthly payment
    4 lines at $9/line
    3 GB at $2/GB
    GB
    $36
    S6
    How much data do you need?
    Including unlimited talk & text
    Total
    $43.92 per month
    Including taxes and fees!
    Most customers with 3+ lines use < 9GB/line per month
    100% Risk-free trial!
    Shared data plans include mobile hotspot, Warp Speed
    5G, and WiFi Calling.
    Let's go to plan setup!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    The Pooled plans seem to indicate that all taxes & fees are included - ? Is your experience otherwise energyx ?

The UL plans do add taxes, fees, network access $. according to the website

Would like to hear from someone on the family/ Shared / Pooled plans about the cost

Thanks for the input energyx
    And TacoDan

“Setting up a shared plan is simple
    Select the number of lines and the total amount of shareable data you want. All lines
    include unlimited talk & text! Creating a Pooled Plan is now available on desktop! Mobile
    version coming soon.
    How many lines do you need?
    Just $9 per line. Really!
    Total monthly payment
    4 lines at $9/line
    3 GB at $2/GB
    GB
    $36
    S6
    How much data do you need?
    Including unlimited talk & text
    Total
    $43.92 per month
    Including taxes and fees!
    Most customers with 3+ lines use < 9GB/line per month
    100% Risk-free trial!
    Shared data plans include mobile hotspot, Warp Speed
    5G, and WiFi Calling.
    Let's go to plan setup!
    You are correct... They have the disclaimer about taxes and fees right on the Pooled Plans page, but when you use the calculator it shows it's included. Their site could use some work.

Considering it's their postpaid priority, it's a great option for low usage.

Feedback Score
    I'm test driving too but on T-Mobile their GSM network. T basically sucks at my location so I'm going to try Vzw which I'm on with another phone. I noticed the no taxes are fees too and compared the shared plan with the custom plans since the shared include HotSpot like the custom plans do and I want HS. Shared are allot cheaper.
    My question is can you have 1 phone on the shared plan? You can enter 1 but I'll need to check with CS to see if you really can.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'm test driving too but on T-Mobile their GSM network. T basically sucks at my location so I'm going to try Vzw which I'm on with another phone. I noticed the no taxes are fees too and compared the shared plan with the custom plans since the shared include HotSpot like the custom plans do and I want HS. Shared are allot cheaper.
    My question is can you have 1 phone on the shared plan? You can enter 1 but I'll need to check with CS to see if you really can.
    In the FAQ:
    How many lines can be in a shared data pool?
    You’ll need at least one line to activate a pooled plan, and you can have as many lines as you would like in a shared data pool! You can also set up as many pools as you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    In the FAQ:
    How many lines can be in a shared data pool?
    You’ll need at least one line to activate a pooled plan, and you can have as many lines as you would like in a shared data pool! You can also set up as many pools as you want.
    Thanks. I may try that when I activate the VZW sim.

Feedback Score
    I'm excited to give US Mobile a try later this year. Note that for Verizon postpaid data priority you need to be using a 5G capable phone, regardless of whether you're using the 5G bands or not.

Feedback Score
    I never used to like US Mobile for one main reason - the $2 monthly fee per line that they charge in addition to the plan price. Reading about the shared-data plans made me curious, so I went to take another look.

Their website needs an overhaul, in my opinion. Especially their Plans section.

It's pretty difficult to understand their different plan options. And those two different kinds of "Unlimited" plans create more complications.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info everyone. Assuming a good cell signal, have voice , data, texting worked well , clear voice, good speed, etc…? ( I

know, location dependent)

Billing & Autopay - any hitches/ glitches ?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info everyone. Assuming a good cell signal, have voice , data, texting worked well , clear voice, good speed, etc…? ( I

know, location dependent)

Billing & Autopay - any hitches/ glitches ?

I could probably play the tracfone rewards system to save more $$ & thus stay put , but just not real motivated to do so.
    In the end, it will depend on whether the other 2 lines with increased usages will want to to switch or just stay on Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone is deteriorating to the point where your account can just vanish for no reason, and it takes a Herculean effort to get it fixed.

Then it goes on the blink again a week later.

Verizon has managed to make Tracfone worse, if that's possible.

It is also hit or miss whether you get your reward points after going to the trouble.

Verizon is not being careful with their programming "upgrades" to say the least.

Too dysfunctional to bother with anymore. Plus, threatening to randomly shut off your ATT/TMO service as extortion to switch to Verizon.

I hope a lot of people wise up and go somewhere with better values (and value).

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Tracfone is deteriorating to the point where your account can just vanish for no reason, and it takes a Herculean effort to get it fixed.

It is also hit or miss whether you get your reward points after going to the trouble.

Verizon is not being careful with their programming "upgrades" to say the least.

Too dysfunctional to bother with anymore. Plus, threatening to randomly shut off your ATT/TMO service as extortion to switch to Verizon.

I’ve had pretty good fortune with TF, but agree that others have NOT. Agree with your sentiments about Verizon ownership of TF…… but no

surprise really.

In my case, US Mobile would be a better fit at this time it appears.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post

I’ve had pretty good fortune with TF, but agree that others have NOT. Agree with your sentiments about Verizon ownership of TF…… but no

surprise really.

In my case, US Mobile would be a better fit at this time it appears.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast