Thread: Does Prepaid qualify for add a line discounts?

Feedback Score

Does Prepaid qualify for add a line discounts?

Saw a $90 off promotion for adding a new line through Capital One shopping and AT&T and there was no exclusion for prepaid in the offering. But I don’t believe prepaid accounts can add a line so I don’t think this works for prepaid. Any thoughts on this?

Are there any plan codes that have special deals for prepaid and any deals that qualify for prepaid plans? I have Verizon as primary coverage and wanted a secondary AT&T line on my esim to enhance coverage in spots where Verizon has issues. Wanted a plan with 5G access as some of the prepaid plans don’t offer this.

Feedback Score
    Don't know how exactly it may be implemented, but this is what it says on the AT&TPrepaid web site, in their Deals section:

Stay connected with the whole family
    With AT&T PREPAID℠, you can save on your bill when you add additional lines to your account. This makes it easier than ever to get cell phone service for the whole family.

Hope this helps. Seems like they do have some add a line discounts, but who knows what exactly those are.

Edit: https://www.att.com/prepaid/deals/ is the page that says this.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    It is VERY likely this promotion is for postpaid. Most good offers are, since they will an extended period of time to make up the discount.

And of course, for ATT, the more users on a group account, even if cheaper/line, is the account is stickier. Especially if many are paying off phones, since to leave is a big out of pocket expense.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current phone I carry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    It is VERY likely this promotion is for postpaid. Most good offers are, since they will an extended period of time to make up the discount.

And of course, for ATT, the more users on a group account, even if cheaper/line, is the account is stickier. Especially if many are paying off phones, since to leave is a big out of pocket expense.
    Will compare postpaid and prepaid deals. Both should be able to work with esim on my existing device.

Feedback Score
    I would be hesitant to use eSIM for your "main line": https://9to5mac.com/2022/05/20/iphone-esim-bug/

It would seem there should be no end-user differences between eSIM and physical SIM but clearly there are.

Feedback Score
    Just opened a prepaid account last week. Can't speak fur the Cap one promo. But here's an add a line calculator.

https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-family/

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
    I would be hesitant to use eSIM for your "main line": https://9to5mac.com/2022/05/20/iphone-esim-bug/

It would seem there should be no end-user differences between eSIM and physical SIM but clearly there are.
    Luckily I have not seen this since I moved my main ATT line to eSIM last fall.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post

I have Verizon on physical sim as main line. The bug seems to be affecting T-Mobile from what I’ve heard. The issue can likely be fixed in a future ios upgrade as esim is fully digital. Could be backend server side as well but it should be software fixable. Next ios is in development right now.

Im just looking for a backup plan for coverage reasons as AT&T can be stronger in some parts.