Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Class Action lawsuit

Feedback Score

Tracfone Class Action lawsuit

Saw this in my Facebook Feed. The website goes here: https://audetlaw.com/investigations/tracfone-lawsuit/

Basically they are going after TF for questionable practices since the acquisition.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  83.5 KB
    Last edited by Serial Port; 06-07-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Samsung S22, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Google Fi T-mo, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Where's John Flushing ? This will save him the cost to initiate a lawsuit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just another law office looking for a payday. Class actions are lucrative for attorneys and rarely compensate the 'victim'. Prices have not gone up after the acquisition, so there has not been any harm AS A RESULT of the acquisition. Their incompetence is another story....

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Where's John Flushing ? This will save him the cost to initiate a lawsuit.
    Lol...where do you think the $500 to get this lawsuit ball rolling came from!? Hahaha!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Lol...where do you think the $500 to get this lawsuit ball rolling came from!? Hahaha!
    If John Flushing initiated that lawsuit, then one of the checkboxes would be "New Phone has no In Box, Sent, Draft folders".

Name:  Tracfone-Lawsuit-Questions.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  85.6 KB

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    C'mon, let's play nice in the sandbox.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    TracFone Verizon Network
    Feedback Score
    I would definitely love to join this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz2000 View Post
    ..., so there has not been any harm AS A RESULT of the acquisition.
    I'm not so sure about the no-harm part, after reading about how Verizon is handling TF-ATT customers.

Shutting off their service, bullying them to switch to TF-Verizon etc - I think that's harm caused directly as a result of the acquisition.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Carrier(s)
    TracFone Verizon Network
    Feedback Score
    There's definitely been harm, look at my case. Look at the fact I had to go without a phone during an important part of life because of TracFones nonsense. They said they would keep AT&T, service until 2024 yet my service was shut off a few weeks ago and they refuse to restore my full balance on a bot he'd transfer.

They absolutely have caused me a lot of harm.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Some of us were "harmed" by the way reward points were handled: new line points didn't get added, points didn't mature, new line points didn't mature because TF claim another line was not kept active, etc.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Just another law office looking for a payday. Class actions are lucrative for attorneys and rarely compensate the 'victim'. Prices have not gone up after the acquisition, so there has not been any harm AS A RESULT of the acquisition. Their incompetence is another story....
    Gonna have to disagree with you about "no harm". Customers have lost phone service, (literally the service was cut off) lost plans they paid for, lost their phone number and hours of stressful calls to TF CS. All of this because Verizon sent a couple text messages or a message in your account saying you had the option to switch to a Verizon sim card. None of these texts or messages have said if you don't accept the new sim card and switch to Verizon towers now your service will be cut off, disabled, lose plans and phone number. Don't forget the stress and mental anguish this has caused many customers that depend on their phones for work, dr. appts., etc.

All Verizon had to do was put out a formal announcement saying they are starting the transition to Verizon towers now for customers running on other network towers. Give a timeline to switch to Verizon towers or find another provider as they agreed to in the acquisition.

This is also an underhanded way to get rid of a lot of customers that had plenty of airtime and service days built up. Verizon isn't going to make any money off these customers in the immediate future and the new sim offer was a way to solve that problem by cutting service if they didn't take the new sim offer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I probably needed to be more detailed, part of the concern regarding Verizon buying Tracfone was that there would be a loss of competition in the prepaid space and as a result prices would go up. That's what I meant when I said prices haven't gone up so there was no harm. Guess what I should really have said was no harm caused by way of higher prices. I did say their incompetence was another story but that was pretty much there even before the acquisition.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone Verizon Network
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I probably needed to be more detailed, part of the concern regarding Verizon buying Tracfone was that there would be a loss of competition in the prepaid space and as a result prices would go up. That's what I meant when I said prices haven't gone up so there was no harm. Guess what I should really have said was no harm caused by way of higher prices. I did say their incompetence was another story but that was pretty much there even before the acquisition.
    Prices haven't gone up yet, but they have forced people way before the date allowed to keep AT&T. Especially shutting off service with no warning? That's gotta break legal ground somewhere.

Feedback Score
    Just to be clear, I 110% agree the methods TF is using to get people to move to Verizon from ATT (or TM) are totally wrong, especially just cutting off service without warning and everything else. There in lies the lawsuit "Practices"; not whether or not they're following the acquisition agreement. In several other threads I pointed some things out and asked some questions of those having issues with these dubious practices.

First was to point out that in regard to ATT or TM users, the 2-3 years for users to change only applies to customers NOT IN a Verizon service area. There was no time line for those using ATT or TM that are IN a Verizon service area.
    Unfortunately the agreement didn't mention what determines Verizon's service area so we must assume it's the same thing the FCC uses on their website; that being the Vzw provided coverage maps which we all know suck in many areas. And unfortunately if you're in a Vzw service area (per the coverage map) but your signal sucks, that apparently doesn't count.

I also asked if anyone affected submitted a complaint to the FCC or used the dedicated toll free number that was suppose to be set up. Crickets.

I asked if anyone NOT IN a Verizon service area (per the coverage maps) was getting the same harassment and cut offs. Again Crickets.

There are areas of the acquisition agreement that could apply to some, and a really good lawyer could argue that relate to practices. So we'll see how that turns out. In the mean time pound the FCC with your complaints. Even if you plan to leave TF, you can still give them hell.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If John Flushing initiated that lawsuit, then one of the checkboxes would be "New Phone has no In Box, Sent, Draft folders".

Name:  Tracfone-Lawsuit-Questions.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  85.6 KB
    The Lawfirm needs to assign a clerk(s) to read this forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast