Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New TF-VZ Scam

Feedback Score

New TF-VZ Scam

I have never signed up for auto-refill for my lines. Yet today, I see a $15 auto-refill transaction for one of my lines in my account. Since I don't have a credit card on file, I don't see how they are going to process it.

I chatted with a CSR who confirmed I was not enrolled in auto-fill but could not see the transaction.

Feedback Score
    I spoke to Corporate Resolutions and although they see the transaction, they did not see an outstanding balance.
    They confirmed I am not on auto-refill.

It occurred to me after the call, that maybe this is not a scam but it is the bonus for switching from AT&T to Verizon on this line. However, I did not have TF mail me a sim. I just used the VZ sim that came with a TF branded phone.

Maybe I jumped the gun here although no one at TF suggested this was the bonus.

Feedback Score
    It likely is that. For those of us who don't have any monthly plan, it does seem to offer a $15 monthly plan as a bonus for transferring to VZW. Maybe the system is set up so for those who have this promotion, they automatically trigger it when they switch to VZW -- whether or not you use the 'free' SIM they send you or any other.

I also am not surprised that TF support has no idea what the heck is going on, since they rarely do.

Feedback Score
    I probably have to move a line from AT&T to Verizon soon. I'd rather they not hand out a monthly plan bonus given all of the reports of monthly plans messing up the paygo balance. Just give us 1GB of data if they want to hand out freebies.

Feedback Score
    The transaction was labeled a refill and not a bonus which is what confused me. However, it just stacked 500/500/500 and 30 days to my paygo balance. I think it may have turned on the auto-refill button which I promptly turned off. We will have to see if there are any further problems.

Feedback Score
    I will try to replicate this soon, I have a spare VZW SIM and an active ATT BYOP SIM so I'll do the migrate here and see if I also get 500/50/500 and 30 days added to my balance that way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I will try to replicate this soon, I have a spare VZW SIM and an active ATT BYOP SIM so I'll do the migrate here and see if I also get 500/50/500 and 30 days added to my balance that way.
    pitflyer, when you do this ATT-to-VZW migration, could you please keep notes on how you do it -- I'm planning to do the same thing for a family member. Thanks!

Also, which of these two options do people here think is better for accomplishing the ATT-to-VZW migration - I don't want to potentially mess things up by using TF's free Verizon sim offer, so the options are:
    1. use a byop Verizon sim from a $1 triple-sim kit (they have this on hand).
    2. use a TF-branded iPhone with its original Verizon sim (they have this too).

Thank you!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    I'm not nuts after all. This is how the "bonus" was described on the Tracfone Rewards Activity page:

As I mentioned, they try to sign you up for auto-refill when they give you the bonus so be sure to click it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to replicate winner123's experience. I have an ATT BYOP SIM in use and an ATT VZW BYOP SIM never used (may have even come from the same 3-in-1 pack). I just went ahead and activated the VZW BYOP SIM with the ATT SIM's number -- it did prompt me for an IMEI, and it accepted my ZFlip3 5G IMEI this time. The final screen says activation pending and really no directions after that.

I'm not going anywhere and this isn't my main line so gonna follow standard directions to keep using the old line till it stops working, then swap in the new SIM. We'll see what happens and if I end up with 500 megs/500 talk/500 text more and one more month on the line after it's all said and done (or even keep what I already have, which was service till August and around 500 megs).

Feedback Score
    Swap worked fine. My old ATT SIM never seemed to stop working but after half hour put in my new VZW SIM and it took about another five minutes but call/text/data all worked fine and my balances/due date were accurate (without the 'bonus' for migrating to VZW). We'll see if it shows up eventually, or if I missed out by not using their actual offer and getting a NEW BYOP SIM.

I will report back if the 'bonus' ever shows up, but @sillyette this is FYI so far!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Swap worked fine. My old ATT SIM never seemed to stop working but after half hour put in my new VZW SIM and it took about another five minutes but call/text/data all worked fine and my balances/due date were accurate (without the 'bonus' for migrating to VZW). We'll see if it shows up eventually, or if I missed out by not using their actual offer and getting a NEW BYOP SIM.

I will report back if the 'bonus' ever shows up, but @sillyette this is FYI so far!
    Did you do the swap online or the ONESTEP to 611611?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Did you do the swap online or the ONESTEP to 611611?
    I did it online, didn't think ONESTEP would work with a random VZW SIM that wasn't actually directly sent to me (ie the last four of the SIM I bought at Target won't be unique)

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the detailed info, pitflyer!

Also, did you log into your account to activate the new Verizon sim? Or did you just go through the activation on the website without being logged in?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I did it online, didn't think ONESTEP would work with a random VZW SIM that wasn't actually directly sent to me (ie the last four of the SIM I bought at Target won't be unique)
    Thank you.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am wondering if ONESTEP is root of the issue for some. I know I have talked to a few people over at reddit, and lots of them have been having issues getting switched correctly. I know some have lots their plans or even lost their number.

I am even running into people with no Verizon coverage, and support does not understand that. Support keeps on saying they should have Verizon towers in their area. So these people have no phone at all unless they use a friend's phone. I think support is going by the ZIP code on the account which is a Miami ZIP code.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast