Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: TCL Flip 2 4G LTE - $19.99 - quick review

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    I found this which says the TCL Flip 2 has a Qualcomm 1.3GHz processor. However they're calling it a TFALT408DCP, not a T408DL that IsLand_BoY has. Could a "DCP" be yet a different model than a "DL"?
    https://order.petra.com/tracfone-tfa...martphone.html
    I see that the FCC released the internal photos for the TCL Flip 2's FCC ID.

It does have a MediaTek CPU like I thought. So it is not a Qualcomm CPU.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I unlocked mine on day 60. I haven't used it too much but it works fine, is definitely better than its predecessor without the back button, and it works with VoLTE and WiFi Calling on native T-Mobile service. I like the phone for what it is.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro eSIM; Galaxy S21 5G
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 13 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone 13 mini [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Feedback Score
    Could you check if it's possible to save a contact with a 25 digit phone number on the flip2, or see what is the max it allows. KaiOS (Alcatel myflip2 and Nokia flip) seems limited to 20. I was wondering if the Android go OS had a similar limit. I'm looking for a flip phone that can save international numbers, so it needs to save the 10 or 11 digit access number, a "," for pause, then 011, 2 digit country code and then phone numbers ranging from 8-10 digits. This isn't an issue for smart phones, but I was surprised it wasn't possible for the myflip2 or Nokia. Surprisingly I was able to setup "frequent numbers" for the myflip2 line so it's still usable. But the flip2 looks like a better phone, especially with a real back button (I agree, using the end button is not very intuitive). Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by betn1 View Post
    Could you check if it's possible to save a contact with a 25 digit phone number on the flip2, or see what is the max it allows. KaiOS (Alcatel myflip2 and Nokia flip) seems limited to 20. I was wondering if the Android go OS had a similar limit. I'm looking for a flip phone that can save international numbers, so it needs to save the 10 or 11 digit access number, a "," for pause, then 011, 2 digit country code and then phone numbers ranging from 8-10 digits. This isn't an issue for smart phones, but I was surprised it wasn't possible for the myflip2 or Nokia. Surprisingly I was able to setup "frequent numbers" for the myflip2 line so it's still usable. But the flip2 looks like a better phone, especially with a real back button (I agree, using the end button is not very intuitive). Thanks.
    Okay, I tested it. I saved:

1234567890;011011234567890

Worked fine. On this phone, ";" is the pause/wait. Let me know if you want me to test anything else.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Following

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Since we'll have a lot of new owners of this phone.. be sure to keep it on WiFi til it installs a system update. I had mine off WiFi, but data on (data saver enabled) and it downloaded a 200MB system update. Not a huge deal for me since I have a good chunk of data sitting in my account but just an FYI.

Feedback Score
    Does it come with Data turned on?
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Does it come with Data turned on?
    Yes, but you can connect to Wi-Fi during the setup process. The update also did not download right away.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I always update my phone with every possible security update and download the majority of the apps I'll use before activating it.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just activated one and one of the first things it requested after turning it on was Wi-Fi information. But before I could enter it - it did some small change carrier settings update right in the middle of it and then after it finished I could enter Wifi details. After that, it did a bigger update and I believe it was using Wi-Fi for that. Wifi was on for sure. My data went from 1.20 to 1.17 GB after all was said and done.

The above was all done before activation.

Is this phone supposed to have Wi-Fi calling?
    Last edited by tomseys; 08-24-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkyStuff View Post
    I always update my phone with every possible security update and download the majority of the apps I'll use before activating it.
    Yep, that's the way to do it. Before the phone is activated, it won't have cell service and can't use data even if data is turned on.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Is this phone supposed to have Wi-Fi calling?
    I get this when I enter it on the site:

Attachment 171982

I don't really totally trust that site based Wi-Fi check since half my phones that have it show as not capable but in this case I think it might be true. At least on my end with TF/V.

When I first started the phone up it stated to turn WF calling on since I guess there was no network yet since it hadn't been activated. But later just looking for it I can't find it anywhere in the settings. Not in Phone or Calling settings or anywhere. (as a new line).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just delivered. The first thing I noticed is that the TCL is slightly larger and heavier than the My Flip 2

Feedback Score
    My friend just got the 408dl and is very disappointed it does not have Google Assistant. His 406 has it & said it is very helpful on a flip phone.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast