Thread: Can I do this and how?

Feedback Score

Can I do this and how?

I have a tracfone Mot G pure than will soon be unlocked (after 61 days) on tracfone verizon. I also have a Moto G7 play on tracfone ATT.
    I would like to transfer my G7 play number and balance over to the Moto G pure. And I would like to use tracfone ATT on the Moto G pure.
    I have a new att sim.
    What is the best way to move everything over to the Pure and have att service?
    Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
    KC

Feedback Score
    I think you'll need a 3rd phone.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.18.22

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Samsung S22, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Google Fi T-mo, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is the Moto G7 Play a TF-branded phone or BYOP?

* If the G7 Play is BYOP, you can simply swap its BYOP TF/AT&T SIM into the G Pure.
    * If the G7 Play is TF-branded, you'll need to activate a BYOP TF/AT&T SIM with a transfer from the G7. Do it yourself on TF web site. I think if you use a rep then the rep will ask for the phone's IMEI and might not accept the G Pure's IMEI.

Feedback Score
    The G play is a BYOP.
    Thank you, I will give it a try with the sim swap when the phone becomes unlocked.

Feedback Score
    when i put an active BYOD/ATT Tracfone SIM in a locked tracfone a51 that had been activated on a new line(using the included Verizon SIM) the a51 still unlocked after the 61 days. i also did the same with a Nokia G300 that also unlocked after the 61 days even though the SIM was removed and the BYOD/ATT SIM used in its place.

of course my outcome does not guarantee your outcome would not be different.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    I have a tracfone Mot G pure than will soon be unlocked (after 61 days) on tracfone verizon. I also have a Moto G7 play on tracfone ATT.
    I would like to transfer my G7 play number and balance over to the Moto G pure. And I would like to use tracfone ATT on the Moto G pure.
    I have a new att sim.
    What is the best way to move everything over to the Pure and have att service?
    Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
    KC
    When you say the Pure is "on tracfone verizon" - do you mean that it is in service, with a number, on TF-Verizon?

Because if the Pure has balances on it that you want to salvage, you'll have to do a combine-lines, not a transfer.

On the other hand, if the Pure is not in service and/or you don't want to salvage the balances on the Pure, you can just sim-swap into the Pure, since your existing service on Play is already on TF-ATT.

(BTW, I get annoyed at phone manufacturers for giving such similar names to phones. Moto G Pure, Moto G7 Play. Samsung is worse - A01, A02, A02s, A51, A52, A51 5G etc etc!)
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    (BTW, I get annoyed at phone manufacturers for giving such similar names to phones. Moto G Pure, Moto G7 Play. Samsung is worse - A01, A02, A02s, A51, A52, A51 5G etc etc!)
    I don't like Moto's name scheme where the model year is part of it, like Moto G Stylus 2020, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Stylus 2022, etc.

Samsung's naming scheme isn't too bad. The higher the number, the higher it is in the pecking order, A0x is a lower model than A2x, which is lower than an A5x. The x is the generation number: A50 is the first year of that model, A51 is next year, then A52, A53, etc.

Feedback Score
    I learned something. I have an A01 and A11. Didn't know the 11 was better than the 01 but now I get it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    When you say the Pure is "on tracfone verizon" - do you mean that it is in service, with a number, on TF-Verizon?

Because if the Pure has balances on it that you want to salvage, you'll have to do a combine-lines, not a transfer.

On the other hand, if the Pure is not in service and/or you don't want to salvage the balances on the Pure, you can just sim-swap into the Pure, since your existing service on Play is already on TF-ATT.

Yes the pure is in service with tracfone as of now. Justing until it is unlocked.
    So you are saying I should combine my pure with my G play and then just move the Gplay sim over to the pure?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So you are saying I should combine my pure with my G play and then just move the Gplay sim over to the pure?
    Do it if the remaining buckets/days of the G Pure are worth the troubles. Some of the recent efforts to combine didn't go too well.

Feedback Score
    Gotit, I know what you mean. I have kept the balance as low as I could to get it unlocked.

Feedback Score

update on "Can I do this and how?"

I was able to unlock my Moto G Pure. I then took the sim from my Moto G Play and installed it in my Pure.
    I did not bother trying to retrieve the minutes and texts from the pure as I had only used the minimum amounts to activate that phone.
    Thanks to all that help us on this forum.

Feedback Score
    I was able to unlock my Moto G Pure. I then took the sim from my Moto G Play and installed it in my Pure.
    Which IMEI shows in the account after the SIM swap? the Moto Pure or the Moto Play? Last time I did this the account IMEI changed to the swapped-to phone, and the swapped-from phone IMEI was put into the Line Nickname. The swapped-from phone does not show up as an inactive device. The new website shows these things differently than the old one did.

Feedback Score
    Yes, the IMEI's were swapped around on the phones. Both are showing active, but the Play phone is an ATT phone and I put the verizon tracfone sim in it. So, it is not active.