Thread: trying to see my car recorder videos

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score

trying to see my car recorder videos

i have video recorders in my cars. for the most part they work good i can watch videos from the device, but when i have to take the sd card out and try to view them on the phone i can'ts eem to be able to see them. i got an adapter that is the type c and sd card adapter but when i plug in the adapter and the sd card the phone will not default to the card.

so is there an app i can get that will play videos on the phone when the sd card is plugged into it and i have videos on the card? google photos and the gallery do not seem to be able to see the sd card for this option. and i went into the developer setting and set to midi to transferring files to transferring images and to usb tethering and none of them work. i did not try charge as i figure all that will do is want to chard from that adapter and of course the adapter is not a charging device.

or do i need to get a special adapter that will let me plug in an sd card into the phone usb port and then popup the sd card videos?

thanks.

Feedback Score
    Different formats.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.18.22

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    thanks but i should be able to see them they are ts files. i can see them if i jump thru hoops but maybe someone know of an app that will play the ts files from a car dash cam this model is the aukey dra5? maybe some one has an app for this camera?
    thanks

so i found the aukey dra5 website and asked them also. they may have an app for playing the video on the phone. the dash cam will play it but if i get into a crash that turns off the power then i have to remove the sd card and use my phone.

thanks

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, Fi, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Try the VLC player app. It should be able to play most any format.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Try the VLC player app. It should be able to play most any format.
    Good idea.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corvairbob View Post
    i have video recorders in my cars. for the most part they work good i can watch videos from the device, but when i have to take the sd card out and try to view them on the phone i can'ts eem to be able to see them. i got an adapter that is the type c and sd card adapter but when i plug in the adapter and the sd card the phone will not default to the card.

so is there an app i can get that will play videos on the phone when the sd card is plugged into it and i have videos on the card? google photos and the gallery do not seem to be able to see the sd card for this option. and i went into the developer setting and set to midi to transferring files to transferring images and to usb tethering and none of them work. i did not try charge as i figure all that will do is want to chard from that adapter and of course the adapter is not a charging device.

or do i need to get a special adapter that will let me plug in an sd card into the phone usb port and then popup the sd card videos?

thanks.
    Does the phone see the files on the SD card with the USB adapter?

I have one of those that is microUSB that you put a microSD card in. It uses something called OTG (USB On The Go). It does not work with some of my phones that don't do OTG.

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    this did now work it tells me to select the otg device but i have no clue how to select that on my phone. i did find a way to do it but i bet in a crash i will never remember. it would be much better to have an app that just goes to the card and plays it
    thanks

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Does the phone see the files on the SD card with the USB adapter?

I have one of those that is microUSB that you put a microSD card in. It uses something called OTG (USB On The Go). It does not work with some of my phones that don't do OTG.
    ok i think i may have it but not 100% sure just yet. it seems i did not have the setting correctin the vlc app. i did manage to make it so it starts at the otg files i started the app without the stick and it asked for the otg files. and went to the dashcam files.

however on the wifes phone it see the otg but will not open it yet. when i went into the usb options all it will do at this time is charge. when i try to change it i get and error that tells me i have to unlock the phone. that will not happen for 5 more months

so lets hope she does not need the sd card on the phone before this date.

but if there is an easier app please send that along.
    thanks
    Last edited by corvairbob; 06-21-2022 at 07:56 PM.