Thread: T-Mobile: Being sued by AT&T, Verizon customers for increased prices

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile: Being sued by AT&T, Verizon customers for increased prices

Last edited by frail; 06-23-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    good deal to kill competition

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like another frivolous lawsuit brought on by a scumbag attorney looking to line their pockets. The merger occurred about 2-3 years ago and the time to object to the Sprint/T-Mobile merger is long over. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Sounds like another frivolous lawsuit brought on by a scumbag attorney looking to line their pockets. The merger occurred about 2-3 years ago and the time to object to the Sprint/T-Mobile merger is long over. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.
    I do not consider it frivolous since the merger is leading to higher costs for AT&T/Verizon customers. But the problem is the court has no remedy for the class members of this lawsuit. The only remedy would be the DOJ breaking up the wireless carriers and I doubt their is a political will to do that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    I do not consider it frivolous since the merger is leading to higher costs for AT&T/Verizon customers. But the problem is the court has no remedy for the class members of this lawsuit. The only remedy would be the DOJ breaking up the wireless carriers and I doubt their is a political will to do that.
    Is *this* the reason why?

I'm more going to bet it's due to Verizon spending 52bil for C-Band (which they needed to do anyway for long term success), they must now pay for it and the only way to do that and keep Wall St happy is to raise prices.

AT&T being ~180bil in debt, but only worth ~130bil... AT&T needs to bail themselves out of debt from buying DirecTV for a premium, selling it for a loss, and buying Time Warner.. Again... keeping Wall St happy and raising prices.

It's not because of the Sprint/T-Mobile merger.. these prices were going to go up anyway... they're just using inflation as an excuse like many large companies.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified