Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unlimited hotspot

Feedback Score
    calyxinstitute.org offers unlimited hotspots on AT&T but their not cheap.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    calyxinstitute.org offers unlimited hotspots on AT&T but their not cheap.
    Calyx Institute was a bad experience (with their Sprint hotspot device). I had written about it in this old post - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...2#post17195672

I guess I'm still miffed at Calyx Institute because of that experience.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Millenicom offers unlimited hotspot, but it’s also not cheap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I don't need it, but I checked. It is not available at my address. That is a good thing. T-Mo is atrocious at my home. I don't know if 5G would be better. I don't have a 5G phone.

In other forums I have seen reports of people getting it by using an eligible address and having it shipped to their real home address. Also reports of being able to get it at a T-Mo store despite the online eligibility checker saying no. The store employees probably get sales quota/commission on it so they bend the rules. None of this does you any good if you have poor signal where you live.
    it works anyplace t-mobile has service, the TOS prohibit using at any address other than the one ordered for

some leaked docs show that t-mobile is about to offer a not unlimited(and rather expensive for medium to heavy users) version for those who's address does not qualify for the unlimited offering. it would not be surprising if they begin to crack down on people who are using at a different address than ordered for at that point, especially if they are using more data.

Feedback Score
    You say there is no landline internet available so that would be DSL. Even if DSL was available you wouldn't want it because it is overpriced and slow. My brother has DSL from AT&T and he pays about $50 for 750 kbps unlimited internet.

I would check to see if T-Mobile home wireless internet is available in your area. It cost $50 a month for unlimited. There are many YouTube videos of people that show how it works.

I have visible and use it for my home internet but I only use one connection at a time.

However, I did test using visible with multiple connections at the same time from wi-fi off of my window 10 laptop and although it worked it seemed slower that way. It might work better if you tried a dedicated router but I did not have one to test it that way. Also, if you do this all the time I am not sure if they can detect it and and discontinue your service. So anyway other than my testing I only use one connection at a time.

Feedback Score
    https://netbuddy.co/

Netbuddy was "out of stock" on everything for a long time, but it looks like they're open to new accounts once again.

$70 for unlimited AT&T or Verizon and $40 for unlimited T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    I use a pixel 3 and Visible. It has been spotty but for the price it can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    https://netbuddy.co/
    Netbuddy was "out of stock" on everything for a long time, but it looks like they're open to new accounts once again.
    $70 for unlimited AT&T or Verizon and $40 for unlimited T-Mobile.
    After I read about them in this post, I sent them an email with some questions I had.
    It's been 3 or 4 days, haven't received a reply.
    Not a good sign, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    After I read about them in this post, I sent them an email with some questions I had.
    It's been 3 or 4 days, haven't received a reply.
    Not a good sign, in my opinion.
    My experience so far.

I ordered a T-Mobile SIM and a T-Mobile 5G hotspot device. Netbuddy SIM will not work in the hotspot device, but it works fine for data and hotspot with an old Pixel 3 I have. It's possible that the hotspot I ordered is defective. YMMV. And yes, they are kind of a shady operation, but it seems legit enough so far for unlimited Internet access if you don't have many choices to begin with.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    My experience so far.

I ordered a T-Mobile SIM and a T-Mobile 5G hotspot device. Netbuddy SIM will not work in the hotspot device, but it works fine for data and hotspot with an old Pixel 3 I have. It's possible that the hotspot I ordered is defective. YMMV. And yes, they are kind of a shady operation, but it seems legit enough so far for unlimited Internet access if you don't have many choices to begin with.
    So what they’re doing most likely is paying AT&T $20 for a iPad line. Then they put the SIM card in a device that can alter the imei on. Then they charge you $70 per month for the plan plus make you pay for the device itself.

If you want to you can do this all yourself and cut them out and save yourself $50 per month $600 per year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    So what they’re doing most likely is paying AT&T $20 for a iPad line. Then they put the SIM card in a device that can alter the imei on. Then they charge you $70 per month for the plan plus make you pay for the device itself.

If you want to you can do this all yourself and cut them out and save yourself $50 per month $600 per year.
    You're probably right. I've already cancelled recurring payments through Paypal and emailed them asking for a refund. I'll file a PayPal claim if they don't respond. It's definitely not the service I thought it would be.

Feedback Score
    Wow, I emailed support about a refund, and he called me a derogatory name. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH NETBUDDY. I'm sorry for even posting a link to their service.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting your experiences, VisionsDivine!
    I have scratched Netbuddy from my list of potential hotspot/data providers. Have also put a note in there that they are NOT to be trusted.

Feedback Score
    I ended up using PDAnet's WiFi share with an old laptop and a Simple Mobile unlimited plan. Probably not the most stable connection, but does exactly what I need it to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2