Thread: Success! And the Steps Used.

Feedback Score

Success! And the Steps Used.

There's one family who were on TF-AT&T, they were using a byop AT&T sim in a Tracfone-branded unlocked phone. I successfully transferred their service to TF-Verizon, and I am stoked! (BTW, thank you, pitflyer, for answering my questions about how to do this!)

With all the recent horror stories, I thought it may be helpful for others to know what worked:

- Their phone had been getting the "free Verizon sim" texts. Did NOT order the free sim.

- Then they started getting the "free one month plan with free Verizon sim" texts. Still did NOT order the free sim.

- When I had access to their phone, I logged into their account. Clicked Activate - New Phone Purchased Thru Tracfone. The first time, it didn't show their current phone number. So logged out, and tried again. This time, it showed the current phone number so went to Keep Number - entered the IMEI of the Tracfone-branded phone (the same one that the current byop AT&T sim was in). Got the message that activation was pending.

- BTW, this was on a weekday, around 2pm Eastern. The transfer from ATT to Verizon completed in about 35 minutes.

- Texts to 611611 worked immediately after replacing the AT&T sim with the phone's original TF-Verizon sim. It took 3 or 4 reboots to get calls to start working.

- Used Firefox. Tracking protection OFF. Adblocker OFF. Location ON.

There was a moment when I totally freaked out - when the account showed "Device deactivated". I calmed down when I saw that the Transactions tab showed "Activation is in Progress".

(I was surprised - and relieved - that TF didn't sadistically add those disappearing 7000 points that they have been adding for some people).
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Please PM me for code.

Right now, you can get started with $80 Tracfone referral rewards with these HSN deals: (1) One-year service with 1200 talk/txt/data, plus Alcatel MyFlip2 phone, for $30; (2) Moto G Power 1500 talk/txt/data 1-yr service for $60; (3) Moto G Pure 1500 ttd 1-yr service for $70.

Feedback Score
    Glad it worked out for you like it did for me that way the first time. When I went the other way from VZW to att the other way over a weekend it was a sh--show including the sadistic 7k point teaser but in hindsight TracFone likely wants us to punish anyone who dare tries to avoid Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    - entered the IMEI of the Tracfone-branded phone (the same one that the current byop AT&T sim was in). Got the message that activation was pending.
    Just to clarify, you are now using the original Verizon SIM that came with the phone? My daughter is currently using a BYOP T-Mobile SIM on an unlocked Tracfone branded iPhone 11. So far she hasn't received any texts to switch, but once she does I plan to follow your steps, so thanks for providing them. My plan is to switch her to the original SIM, but hoping to get her a free month in the process.

Will you also update us on whether the line gets the free month of service and at what level? It should update within 72 hours. I'm still miffed that my dad only got 1GB of data with no added service days, despite the clear language in the text that he would get a free month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    Just to clarify, you are now using the original Verizon SIM that came with the phone?

Will you also update us on whether the line gets the free month of service and at what level?
    Yes, the original Verizon sim that came with the phone. (I was worried that might create problems, but using the same phone had worked for pitflyer, so I felt brave enough to try it).

Yes, they got the free month. 500 of everything plus 1 month service. TF also sent them a text proudly telling them about the free service added. My reaction was - thank you for not messing anything up!

(That line has always been on PayGo, no unlimited plans. The last top-up was a $15 500t/t/mb plan added with rewards points. I think that's why they got 500 of everything free).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Yes, the original Verizon sim that came with the phone. (I was worried that might create problems, but using the same phone had worked for pitflyer, so I felt brave enough to try it).

Yes, they got the free month. 500 of everything plus 1 month service. TF also sent them a text proudly telling them about the free service added. My reaction was - thank you for not messing anything up!

(That line has always been on PayGo, no unlimited plans. The last top-up was a $15 500t/t/mb plan added with rewards points. I think that's why they got 500 of everything free).
    Thanks for all the information. Hopefully, it goes as smoothly for my daughter. Yes, for my dad, I unfortunately had toped of his data when his points reached 1,000 so that was the last refill on the line. But that is not a free month. I tried chatting but the person did not at all understand the point I was making so I think I have to let that one go.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    Thanks for all the information. Hopefully, it goes as smoothly for my daughter. Yes, for my dad, I unfortunately had toped of his data when his points reached 1,000 so that was the last refill on the line. But that is not a free month. I tried chatting but the person did not at all understand the point I was making so I think I have to let that one go.
    You need to call corporate to reach someone who is aware of and understands anything other than the basics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You need to call corporate to reach someone who is aware of and understands anything other than the basics.
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. I haven't had the best luck with corporate today on issues with my line, but I'm a glutton for punishment.