Thread: Consumer Cellular phones - any one to avoid?

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score

Consumer Cellular phones - any one to avoid?

My wife is a caregiver for an elderly gentleman who cracked the screen on his Consumer Cellular phone. He doesn't drive so she runs errands for him and he asked her to get him a new phone. Attached is a photo of what is available at our local Target. He doesn't want to bother ordering one online from Consumer Cellular of Target. He told her just to pick up a phone and I'll swap out the SIM card for him.

He mainly only uses talk and text but occasionally will surf on his phone so he needs something more than a flip phone. I'm inclined to suggest the Moto G Power just because I've had Motorolas in the past and always been pleased with them. But it costs more than the Nokia C100 which would probably meet his minimal needs. He definitely doesn't need 5G or a good camera. She didn't get the price of the Galaxy AO3s but it seems like it was over $100 which is more than he will want to spend.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you think the pandemic is bad now, just wait. Doctors tell us the next variant plays the accordion.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'd recommend the Motorola G Power due to battery life. Having a 5000 mah battery for 1.5-2 day battery life is worth it in my opinion . Motorola should be good for a couple of system updates too.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Is his Consumer Cellular service provided by AT&T or T-Mobile? If the former, check into AT&T's available Prepaid line of phones. They might provide a wider selection than CC's (and perhaps a better value), and they'll be whitelisted for that network without having to risk guessing like with other aftermarket devices. Should be able to move a SIM in and be up and running quickly (other than phone setup).

I just checked, and for instance, CC has the Moto G Pure as well as the Power (don't know the listed exact model year). On Walmart.com in the AT&T Prepaid section they've got the same phones (as far as model name) for less money.

Feedback Score
    Jethro SC490 and EasyFone T100 work well on CC and they are senior friendly. Less than $100 too. Order on Amazon.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'll see what he wants.