Thread: Could I use Verizon Tracfone bundle to extent my AT&T tracfone service?

Feedback Score

Could I use Verizon Tracfone bundle to extent my AT&T tracfone service?

There are Verizon tracfone bundle with one year service in HSN. I had a tracfone on AT&T network that nearly expired its service.

If I bought HSN Verizon tracfone bundle, activate it with keeping my phone number, it will add one more year service on my current balance, but my phone service will change to be on Verizon network, right ?

In order to be back to my AT&T phone, I need to contact Tracfone again to switch back to AT&T sim card?

Is this the way ?

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Samsung S22, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Google Fi T-mo, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gjbwj8 View Post
    If I bought HSN Verizon tracfone bundle, activate it with keeping my phone number, it will add one more year service on my current balance, but my phone service will change to be on Verizon network, right ?

In order to be back to my AT&T phone, I need to contact Tracfone again to switch back to AT&T sim card?
    If you activate the HSN phone WITH A TRANSFER from your current AT&T line, your phone number and current buckets/days will be transferred to the HSN phone, then the bundled airtime/days will be added on top of that. Yes, your service will be transferred to TF/Verizon. It's a cross-carrier transfer which involves internal porting by TF Port Dept which sometimes messes up your balance. So, use Chat and ask the rep for your current balances before telling the rep you want to activate with a transfer. That way, the balance info will be recorded in the Chat transcript.

If you want to transfer back to AT&T, go through Chat again to record your balances/days and tell the rep to transfer service to your phone on TF/AT&T. Which phone make/model is that?

Feedback Score
    There are Verizon tracfone bundle with one year service in HSN. I had a tracfone on AT&T network that nearly expired its service.

Is this the way ?
    Which phone handset do you want to ultimately use? The old one or the new one?

Feedback Score
    Thank you,

So I could only use V-TF bundle to extend service of V-TF phone, or AT-TF bundle to extend AT-TF phone, can NOT mix ?

Feedback Score
    Thank you, that answer my concern, it need two-step, seem much more trouble, and may not worth it.

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If you activate the HSN phone WITH A TRANSFER from your current AT&T line, your phone number and current buckets/days will be transferred to the HSN phone, then the bundled airtime/days will be added on top of that. Yes, your service will be transferred to TF/Verizon. It's a cross-carrier transfer which involves internal porting by TF Port Dept which sometimes messes up your balance. So, use Chat and ask the rep for your current balances before telling the rep you want to activate with a transfer. That way, the balance info will be recorded in the Chat transcript.

If you want to transfer back to AT&T, go through Chat again to record your balances/days and tell the rep to transfer service to your phone on TF/AT&T. Which phone make/model is that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Which phone handset do you want to ultimately use? The old one or the new one?
    I want to go back to old AT-TF phone, only use V-TF bundle to extend service.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Samsung S22, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Google Fi T-mo, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    that answer my concern, it need two-step, seem much more trouble, and may not worth it.
    The bundled airtime/days are tied to the SIM of the HSN phone. Even if your current phone and the HSN phone use the same carrier (let's say TF/Verizon) you still have to activate the HSN phone with a transfer from your current phone. Then transfer back to your current phone if you prefer to use your current phone.

Feedback Score
    I want to go back to old AT-TF phone, only use V-TF bundle to extend service.
    In your situation, airtime from ATT and VZW sims will get combined into one big lump. Then you decide which sim gets the lump.

You will need a new ATT sim if you want to go back because of messing with the old one (not reusable).

Another consideration is that the new phone would need to retain its activation for 61? days in order to qualify for unlocking, if that interests you. I think, never tried it.

Feedback Score
    Will Tracfone still activate an Att sim? I thought we were approaching, or past the cut off date.

Feedback Score
    This may be an exercise in vain. I currently have an AT&T sim card on a Rebel 4 Model LML211BL. This model is GSM only. A couple of months back, I transferred a number (on a TF/AT&T BYOP sim card) to this phone via TF Chat thinking that it might avoid the migration to Verizon. Well, a couple of days ago I text "migrate" to 611611 and got this response:

"You are part of an UPCOMMING migration. We are still working on the right offer for you and will let you know once we are ready to migrate your service. ..."

So much for the extra work.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you cannot use Verizon service, it may be time to move to another AT&T service provider. TF could shut down AT&T at any time and you would have newly purchased airtime remaining and no way to use it with TF Verizon service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Will Tracfone still activate an Att sim? I thought we were approaching, or past the cut off date.
    A friend of mine told me he activated a TF-AT&T byop sim last week. He is using it in his iPhone that he purchased from an Apple store.

I think he activated it last Thursday or Friday. So maybe TF is still allowing AT&T activations.

Or maybe it is because he is at a location where Verizon doesn't have coverage. On TF's website, if I enter his zip code to buy a TF-branded phone, I get the message that the phone is not available in this zip code.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Please PM me for code.

Right now, you can get started with $80 Tracfone referral rewards with these HSN deals: (1) One-year service with 1200 talk/txt/data, plus Alcatel MyFlip2 phone, for $30; (2) Moto G Power 1500 talk/txt/data 1-yr service for $60; (3) Moto G Pure 1500 ttd 1-yr service for $70.