Thread: what phones are going to still work on metro

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score

what phones are going to still work on metro

i was looking at the lg g7 or g8 and then discovered those are going off line soon. then i looked at the moto models and found out a lot of those are going off line. so can anyone tell me what 64gb and 128gb phones are still going to work on metro pcs after all this system shut downs are all over. i hate to get a used phone just to have it shut down in a few months. i already had the lg k20 get shut off using tracfone service.

at this time i'm looking at the nord one plus 64 and 128gb phones but now i'm worried those will be getting shut off soone.
    thanks.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What do you mean by the lg g7 and g8 and unspecified motos "going offline" soon. AFAIK, any phone that supports VoLTE and LTE bands 2, 4, and 12 should work in most T-Mobile markets for several more years.

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    all i can tell you is was the rdit metro forum has been talking about so i was asking here for another opinion. something about the bands.

my lg k20 has lte and it when off line tur tracfone. the wife has a aristo that has 4g lte and the metro store told me that was about to go away. they also told me the g7 and g8 was doing the same. and i see tons of them now on ebay and the moto brands are starting to show up so that makes me wonder.

anyway most of the talk on that redit for metro site was for sprint now but they said verizon was also doing some changes.

thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corvairbob View Post
    all i can tell you is was the rdit metro forum has been talking about so i was asking here for another opinion. something about the bands.
    my lg k20 has lte and it when off line tur tracfone. the wife has a aristo that has 4g lte and the metro store told me that was about to go away. they also told me the g7 and g8 was doing the same. and i see tons of them now on ebay and the moto brands are starting to show up so that makes me wonder.
    Maybe you can check the IMEI's of your phones on the Metro byod checker. I think that will tell you pretty definitively if your existing phones will work on Metro.

Here's the Metro byod checker: https://www.metrobyt-mobile.com/cell...obile-sim-card

You could also use Mint's byod checker since Mint is a TMo mvno - it lets you check by model number, so you can check the models you don't have: https://www.mintmobile.com/byop/
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Please PM me for code.

Right now, you can get started with $80 Tracfone referral rewards with these HSN deals: (1) One-year service with 1200 talk/txt/data, plus Alcatel MyFlip2 phone, for $30; (2) Moto G Power 1500 talk/txt/data 1-yr service for $60; (3) Moto G Pure 1500 ttd 1-yr service for $70.

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    thanks but that is not what i'm talking about. i was asking if anyone has heard anything about those phone brands going out of service due to metro/t mobile shutting down the services? over on the reddit site some have been complaining about the lg g7/g8 getting notices of there phones going out of service due to the band shutdown and the frequency's getting turned off.

my lg k20 has 3g lte and tracfone shut it off and my wifes lg aristo has 3g 4g lte and metro put a coupon sim in it they said it was a life line that was free for life and that go shut off 4 times. one time because they shut off the aristo phone service so i move that sime into my tracfone it is the a21 phone and it got shut off 3 more times, but not for service it was other issues that she did finally get resolved. it turns out the store lied and that was not a free for life sim but a fre coupon the can get turned off with any service changes.

but i wanted to get the lg g7/g8 and the metro reddit guys said that phone is going away and then i asked about the nord and the moto g and some are now complaining about those phones. something about the bands getting moved around.

so that is what i'm asking about is if anyone here has heard that?

thanks