Thread: potential class action suit against tracfone

Device(s)
    Z10, Bold, Galaxy S8
    Feedback Score

potential class action suit against tracfone

https://www.sirillp.com/tracfone-claims/

This is posted on prepaidcompare.net (thanks yeswap!).

I know I have tracfone service, but I don't think it is worth my time and effort to be part of this because I didn't lose my number or any service. But if it is worth it to you, go ahead.

Just wondering what you think about this.

Sent from my SM-G970U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Nah. Not the class action I want to see against TF. I want to see them pay for screwing over customers in the many ways written about here on Hofo.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.18.22

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Samsung S22, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Google Fi T-mo, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was not affected by what that lawsuit is about.

Feedback Score
    Doofus lawyers don't know the difference between "effected" and "affected".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jboard55 View Post
    https://www.sirillp.com/tracfone-claims/

Just wondering what you think about this.
    The site says that they're suing TF because
    "In December 2021, due to the work of external attackers, thousands of Tracfone customers lost service and couldn’t use their cell phones for several days."

I'm no lawyer, but I think they would have a stronger case against Tracfone if they consider all the thousands of customers who are losing service now due to the AT&T fiasco, due to mistakes made by incompetent TF reps, due to TF system glitches, etc.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Please PM me for code.

Right now, you can get started with $80 Tracfone referral rewards with these HSN deals: (1) One-year service with 1200 talk/txt/data, plus Alcatel MyFlip2 phone, for $30; (2) Moto G Power 1500 talk/txt/data 1-yr service for $60; (3) Moto G Pure 1500 ttd 1-yr service for $70.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    ...I think they would have a stronger case against Tracfone if they consider all the thousands of customers who are losing service now due to the AT&T fiasco, due to mistakes made by incompetent TF reps, due to TF system glitches, etc.
    That's the suit I want to see!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    The site says that they're suing TF because
    "In December 2021, due to the work of external attackers, thousands of Tracfone customers lost service and couldn’t use their cell phones for several days."

I'm no lawyer, but I think they would have a stronger case against Tracfone if they consider all the thousands of customers who are losing service now due to the AT&T fiasco, due to mistakes made by incompetent TF reps, due to TF system glitches, etc.
    That would be worth our time and efforts.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    That's the suit I want to see!
    There is another proposed class action lawsuit https://audetlaw.com/investigations/tracfone-lawsuit/ representing customers who are "experiencing problems or frustrations with your TracFone service" since the Verizon acquisition.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    There is another proposed class action lawsuit https://audetlaw.com/investigations/tracfone-lawsuit/ representing customers who are "experiencing problems or frustrations with your TracFone service" since the Verizon acquisition.
    There's the opportunity for those who had problems with TF and wanted to sue.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Well I've had multiple lines on Tracfone since 2010, but I've never had a problem that wasn't fixed by CS.

I have been feeling nervous about my BYOP T-Mobile and my BYOP AT&T, but maybe these lawsuits will keep them honest going forward.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Carrier(s)
    TF/TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Well I've had multiple lines on Tracfone since 2010, but I've never had a problem that wasn't fixed by CS.

I have been feeling nervous about my BYOP T-Mobile and my BYOP AT&T, but maybe these lawsuits will keep them honest going forward.
    I feel better about BYOP TMO and AT&T too, because they are still selling the 1 year plans on Ebay. I would think that as long as they are selling a sim today, we should be good for at least another year. Wow, the price is only $48 right now, usually it's $60. I never thought we would see another discount with VZ in charge. So, that is good!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I've only been with them since 2020, but I have had more problems in the last two months than in the last two years. My mother's AT&T to Verizon migration required at least 5 phone calls. I tried on both Wed and Thurs of last week. The agents seemed to start the process, but nothing happened. Then, on Saturday, the automatic migration started, but did not complete.

First none of the balances transferred, then only minutes/texts. It took 3 tries to get most but not all of the data. But the biggest issue is phone calls are not working. When she makes a call she gets a fast busy signal. When I try to call her, I hear a sound like a European siren.

I just bought a new 99c SIM and was going to try that, but now the automated system is not working and I get this error message when I click activate:
    "Alert
    We apologize, but we cannot process your transaction at this time. Please try again later or call us at 1-800-867-7183."

Beyond frustrated!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    Beyond frustrated!
    The lawsuit mentioned in Post #8 says "If you are a TracFone subscriber and are experiencing problems or frustrations with your TracFone service, you are urged to contact us for a free, confidential review of your complaint to determine whether you might have a claim for compensation in the TracFone lawsuit. Please complete and submit the form on the right side of this page or give us a call at (800) 965-1461".

You're the perfect client for them. Give them a call.