Thread: Purchased Phones Automatically Added as New Lines (WRONG!)

Feedback Score

Purchased Phones Automatically Added as New Lines (WRONG!)

Ordered two phones, saying I was a new customer. They shipped today and now there are two new entries in My Account, along with two 7,000 Point Add-A-Line bonuses.

My plan was to give these away. However, now that the IMEI are registered in my account, I'm guessing that they can't be registered as new phones in another account.

Anyone else had this experience? Any joy?

I suppose there is a reason they make it very hard to checkout using a Rewards Bonus Code without being logged into an account. . . .

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Samsung S22, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Google Fi T-mo, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    TF had done that with some iPhones I ordered using the reward discount codes. I sold those phones to trademore without activating them so the pending points never matured. Those accounts are now closed so I can't check those devices. See if you can list those phones in your account and use the REMOVE DEVICE function to remove them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    I suppose there is a reason they make it very hard to checkout using a Rewards Bonus Code without being logged into an account. . . .
    For my recent iPhone 11 purchases, I have never logged in to my account. I would use account A with email A and TF phone # A to redeem $300 off code, then checkout as a guest/new customer using email B and non-TF phone # B. Phones were not added to account A.

Feedback Score
    I certainly can remove the devices from my account, but the Add-A-Line bonus will stay for 60 days at which time it will vest or vanish.

Since the phones have already been used to acquire Rewards Points, though, I suspect that they will not be eligible for a bonus with a new activation. That's the experience I want to know about.

Buying an iPhone 11 requires a payment to Tracfone since it is more than the value of the certificate. These phones came in under the value of the certificate, so they had to be validated by the text message system. I suspect that it is easier to use a code with payment and not be logged in with a TF account.

==

I bought the A53, which was $280 when I ordered it, but three days later it dropped to $230, even though it didn't ship for ten days. Oy. At $230, I would have added a refurb phone, which would have required a payment for the service plan, which might have not required being logged in to redeem, might not have forced the phones onto my account. Damn.
    Last edited by choke; 07-19-2022 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Damn