Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop "Walmart" Free Plan (300 min / 1000 texts / 100 MB for $0/month) - Info & Discussion

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have an active PP line on a burner phone that is CDMA only, so I will have to upgrade. Its a PAYG line with a cash balance, so if I buy the $20 phone and use it for 60 days I can then get it unlocked and use it with something else? Wonder if they'd let me repeat the process and get another $20 phone later...
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    Wonder if they'd let me repeat the process and get another $20 phone later...
    Don't know about PP, but I've got 6 phones unlocked by TF. The only good thing that came from Verizon's purchase of TF is that now it takes only 60 days to unlock and service transferred from another phone can be used for unlocking purpose. Previously (prior to 11/23/21 when Verizon bought TF), it took 360 days to unlock and you have to PAY for those days (service transferred from another activate phone didn't count).

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    Went to Target to check out the SIM kits. Wanted to get it in person and activate right away.

Unfortunately, the Red Pocket Kit is only a double kit, 6-in-1 SIM, GSMA and CDMA (AT&T and Verizon), so I didn't buy it.

I don't have enough things to buy from Walmart to get the combined $35+ free shipping, and don't feel like doing the free trial. I guess I'll just order the $5 GSMT SIM from Red Pocket direct. 😞

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slepy View Post
    I don't have enough things to buy from Walmart to get the combined $35+ free shipping, and don't feel like doing the free trial. I guess I'll just order the $5 GSMT SIM from Red Pocket direct. 😞
    Even with Walmart+ I'm showing the SIM takes 10 days to arrive. I see no reason to be sad about saving $5 by getting it direct from Red Pocket, as long as it works (and reports suggest it does).

If you do order it, please report back here with how long shipping takes and confirming whether it activated on the free plan.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The RP GSMT SIM does work fine, mine only took 2-3 days coming from CA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If you can verify that this phone has the bands to work with T-mo (for Walmart FP SIM), you can buy This Bundle on HSN . .
    I have used that unlocked Tracfone on T-mobile, but don't know if it was on band 71.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drooper View Post
    I have used that unlocked Tracfone on T-mobile, but don't know if it was on band 71.
    It does, according to https://www.tracfone.com/phone/alcatel-myflip-2-prepaid .

Device(s)
    LG G8 Thinq, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I bought 3 of these and works great in my unlocked Nokia 6.1 (no longer worked with Freeup Mobile Free Plan using AT&T service), unlocked iPhone XR, and unlocked Tracfone Samsung A51.
    LG G8 Thinq ATT-Red Pocket 1K/Unl/1 GB
    Samsung Galaxy A51 S515DL Wal-Mart Freedompop GSM-T
    Nokia 6.1 Wal-Mart Freedompop GSM-T
    iPhone XR 64gb Wal-Mart Freedompop GSM-T
    LG V20 LS997
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier
    Acer Spin 713 Chromebook
    ______
    Past Phones:
    iPhone (SE 2016, 3G), Huawei Ascend XT2, LG (Xpression Plus, Tribute HD, G4, Volt, Tribute 2, Optimus Exceed 2, Realm), Moto X (2014, 2013), Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia (520 820 1020), Samsung Galaxy S3

Feedback Score
    I don’t know if this was asked but can you port in and out a number on this plan? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmama2078 View Post
    I don’t know if this was asked but can you port in and out a number on this plan?
    During account setup, it asks if you want to port in a number or get a new number.

Name:  Freedompop-Port-In-Number.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  10.5 KB

Feedback Score
    I just found out that a ZTE Blade Spark (AT&T unlocked) is compatible with T-Mobile / Walmart FP.
    It defaulted to fast.t-mobile.com APN, which seemed to work, but I added the wholesale APN manually.
    I could not enable Wi-Fi Calling on this phone.

Calling 123 or long pressing 1 goes to voicemail. I was able to set up a PIN.
    (This uses up minutes, but 300 minutes are plenty.)

From another phone, I called my Walmart FP phone number, and I could access my voicemail with *PIN (entered during greeting/announcement).
    805-637-7249 also worked: I entered the three digits I was asked to enter, my Walmart FP phone number, *PIN.
    https://www.t-mobile.com/support/pla...ures/voicemail

By the way, ending the PIN with # may save a tiny bit of time because the voicemail system does not need to wait for silence that indicates entering PIN has finished.

I also tried to install the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app, but got "Visual Voicemail cannot activate on this network".
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vm.application
    Last edited by andyk88; 08-15-2022 at 12:45 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmama2078 View Post
    I don’t know if this was asked but can you port in and out a number on this plan? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am hesitating to port in my backup number. Don't know if it's easy to get port out information from FreedomPop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile1212 View Post
    I am hesitating to port in my backup number. Don't know if it's easy to get port out information from FreedomPop.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/freedompop/...t_information/

"Not necessary to call anyone...your pin is the last 4 digits of your sim card (not including the F). The account is the 10 digit phone number.

Thank you, u/gdan007!
    I stand corrected.
    Checked the PIN I was furnished by FP C.S. and, indeed, it was the last four digits of the SIM Card.
    Great information to know.

Thank you, again."

Feedback Score
    Thank you energyx for sharing

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is there an unlocked home phone device that exists which works with T-Mobile? I don't remember them ever selling one and I would bet that the AT&T ones are locked.

Name:  att-wireless-home-phone.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  8.6 KB

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast