Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop "Walmart" Free Plan (300 min / 1000 texts / 100 MB for $0/month) - Info & Discussion

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    Is there an unlocked home phone device that exists which works with T-Mobile? I don't remember them ever selling one and I would bet that the AT&T ones are locked.

Attachment 171930
    The ZTE WF723CA does. It does VoLTE. Only bands 2/4/12 I believe though. No band 66 or 71. I have one and have used it with my T-Mobile postpaid and prepaid SIMs.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro eSIM; Galaxy S21 5G
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 13 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone 13 mini [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    What's a good, cheap burner smart phone to use with this plan. I know the TF alcatel flip 2 is a good flip phone, but I'd like a qwerty keyboard for texting, and the ability to download apps from the playstore.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Someone want to guide me through purchasing the redpocket sim? I went to their website but couldn’t figure out how to JUST purchase the $5 free shipped sim. All I could find was their plans. TIA!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipy View Post
    Someone want to guide me through purchasing the redpocket sim? I went to their website but couldn’t figure out how to JUST purchase the $5 free shipped sim. All I could find was their plans. TIA!
    Did you go to https://www.redpocket.com/shop/sim?i...534d544e414e4f, add to cart, and then check out? It seems like that should work.

Then when you get the SIM, activate at https://freedompop.com/activate.

Please let us know if that works. Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Boz1! Got it ordered. Hope I’m one of the lucky ones that doesn’t have any monthly fees.

Device(s)
    Motorola moto one 5g ace, Motorola Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Public Mobile, Shaw Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You guys got me all excited for use when in California. But Walmart won't take a Canadian card, not fooled by VPN either. So tried redpocket sim purchase...same deal. Finally went to ebay and overpaid. Not sure why I did this as we already have 3 TM legacy gold sims.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Got my Redpocket sim and activated it on freedompop. Easy peazy! AND paid NO taxes or fees. Yay!

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipy View Post
    Got my Redpocket sim and activated it on freedompop. Easy peazy! AND paid NO taxes or fees. Yay!
    Same experience here. No taxes or fees with a NC address.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just got two more SIMs from Walmart, though I see there's a cheaper way to get a compatible SIM direct from RP. I have so many cars in our family to maintain that I'm always in need of a 5qt jug of oil, so I order that from Walmart along with a SIM card kit or two as needed. I want to give one or two away as landline replacements for relatives with just cell phones. I have one of these lines active for myself too.. not that I need it, but free sounds nice and it's great for Craigslist when I sell the occasional electronic on there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    I was charged New York State's 911 fee of $1.20. It will be interesting to see if that will be charged every month.
    I feel like a phone number hoarder though. But I guess I'm in good company here. (4 Google voice numbers, boom red, att prepaid, TextNow, and now the FP Walmart free number)

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using HoFo mobile app
    I would like to know that too. I don't like to pay $1.20 a month so I ended up getting a privacy.com virtual credit card number, and put one of my relative's address in DC and I paid 0 a month. I would like to see if it renews without me paying or cancelling the number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pug_ster View Post
    I would like to know that too. I don't like to pay $1.20 a month so I ended up getting a privacy.com virtual credit card number, and put one of my relative's address in DC and I paid 0 a month. I would like to see if it renews without me paying or cancelling the number.
    Munkala reported no further charges after the initial $1.20. I will know in a few days if that is what happens on my renewal.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

I ordered a GSMT RedPocket sim card and activated it on the free plan under Freedompop. I'm in Virginia. No fees or taxes when activating. I'll post again when it renews next month. It's nice to have an "extra" line, even better when it's free.

I'm using it in an Alcatel Go Flip 3 that is from T-mobile. It runs KaiOS and has google assistant and Whatsapp. It also has wifi calling and can do mobile hotspot (not bothering with 300mb of data....). I had to contact Freedompop support through the chat to have them add the 911 address to enable wifi calling.

Eric

Feedback Score
    So, my line actually renewed yesterday. There was no further charge so fellow New York Staters, it looks like only an initial $1.20 and then nada. Yay for free backup phone.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    That seemed to work I did incognito with a different email and it went through. This is only going to be a problem for me if they don’t allow more than one Walmart line per email…
    I have 2 free lines on 2 different email addresses.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems like the cheapest way might be to get a TF branded flip phone for $19.99, add 60 days of service for $19.98, and then have it unlocked. After that, it's unlocked for use with any carrier, including the FP Walmart SIM.
    I'm using 2 unlocked TracFone LG Classic Flips and 2 unlocked Nokia 2760 Flips in mine.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast