Thread: $25 unlimited data promo

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

$25 unlimited data promo

so right now boost has $25 unlimited data promo with auto pay (speeds slow after 30GB)
    im with cricket right now on their $30 5GB plan and wanted to switch over to boost but i cant unlock my iphone till the 13th and my bill date is the 15th/16th and wanted to port out the day the phone gets unlocked..so can i order boost this week with a new number and port my main number from cricket on the 13th/14th to boost?? (not sure how long the promo will run for)
    also am i still able to get the t-mobile sim card for boost still? on the website in the check out i dont see an opition to pick which network, im coming from cricket (ATT) dont like the service and t-mobile works alot better for voice and data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    so right now boost has $25 unlimited data promo with auto pay (speeds slow after 30GB)
    im with cricket right now on their $30 5GB plan and wanted to switch over to boost but i cant unlock my iphone till the 13th and my bill date is the 15th/16th and wanted to port out the day the phone gets unlocked..so can i order boost this week with a new number and port my main number from cricket on the 13th/14th to boost?? (not sure how long the promo will run for)
    also am i still able to get the t-mobile sim card for boost still? on the website in the check out i dont see an opition to pick which network, im coming from cricket (ATT) dont like the service and t-mobile works alot better for voice and data
    its not a promo offering but a new rate plan, of course anything can change but i'm being told this is meant as a long term offering.

this particular offering is AT&T only also

Feedback Score
    Is there any way to tell from the Boost mobile website that this is AT&T and not T-Mobile?

A related question, how can one tell of the StackSocial multi month plans are AT&T or T-Mobile?

I am interested in switching over to AT&T towers from a T-Mobile MVNO.

Feedback Score
    Is the unlimited $25 available in stores or just online?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twiinciity View Post
    Is the unlimited $25 available in stores or just online?
    looks like it's online only - https://slickdeals.net/f/15928114-ge...-customer-only

Feedback Score
    I'm always on the lookout for deals, especially on any plans that could be used as home internet.

This one says "no hotspot included" though. So even with 30GB data for $25, it's no good as a home-internet plan for me.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    its not a promo offering but a new rate plan, of course anything can change but i'm being told this is meant as a long term offering.

I believe that the new $25/month "Unlimited" 30GB plan is on the T-Mobile network, not AT&T because:
    It's listed on the Boost T-Mobile site https://www.boostmobile.com/ but not on the Boost AT&T one https://my.boostmobile.com
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    I believe that the new $25/month "Unlimited" 30GB plan is on the T-Mobile network, not AT&T because:
    It's listed on the Boost T-Mobile site https://www.boostmobile.com/ but not on the Boost AT&T one https://my.boostmobile.com
    it is on the new 'DOP' billing platform.

in store DOP is ATT network only. customer BYOD phones self activated online or big box retail phones can use either ATT or T-Mobile network on DOP. dealer attempting to activate t-mobile SIM's on DOP the activation will complete but they get paid no compensation and have been told they are not allowed to do so. in dealers its t-mobile on the old billing system and att on the new billing system.

my.boostmobile.com is tied into DOP for sure, but i believe some transactions started on boostmobile.com get re-directed to my.boostmobile.com and boostmobile.com is meant as the goto webpage for gathering plan information and starting activation process regardless network or billing system the transaction finishes on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    is in store as well and a big in store marketing push is coming. unlike other in stores offering though this one plan does not include taxes and no discount handsets will be offered its strictly full retail at activation and all future upgrades. also is for new accounts only, no changing to this plan. the concern is customer would port in get a free or heavily discounted handset on a different plan and than switch to this one after.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I'm always on the lookout for deals, especially on any plans that could be used as home internet.

This one says "no hotspot included" though. So even with 30GB data for $25, it's no good as a home-internet plan for me.
    I use to have a promo deal on boost that was the same as the $50 unlimited plan at the time but for $25. Hotspot on that plan was limited to 12 GB then it got cutoff.

So you need to check if the plan has hotspot or not and once you run out is it cutoff or throttled.

I changed to visible on party pay for $25 a month and use the unlimited hotspot for my home internet. They only allow one hotspot connection at a time. Visible is the only plan I know of that is cheap and can work OK for home internet. I have used over 100 GB hotspot a month.

Feedback Score
    This seems like a great deal. Just wish it even had the option to add some hotspot data if you needed it.

Feedback Score
    Will boost mobile stay on at&t towers future wise?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twiinciity View Post
    Will boost mobile stay on at&t towers future wise?
    i don't believe anyone can answer that for sure, not even DISH executives. but the expectation short to medium term is yes.

eventually it will move to the new 'Cloud native 5G network' under construction by DISH, but that is several years away

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post

good that its not a promo and i can take my time
    to bad its not on t-mobile
    to bad it doesnt include tax and fess
    to bad its online only
    i might have to hit up a boost store and see what they say

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    good that its not a promo and i can take my time
    to bad its not on t-mobile
    to bad it doesnt include tax and fess
    to bad its online only