Thread: Can anyone identify\speculate who's tower is going up by looking at this radio config?

Feedback Score

Can anyone identify\speculate who's tower is going up by looking at this radio config?

Hi All -

This one goes out to the RF guys on here. My neighborhood is getting an in-between tower.. yay for hopefully ATT. This tower is located at the corner of Hacienda and S Jones Blvd in Las Vegas, NV. Curious if anyone is able to look at the config of the radios\antennas they're putting up and identify the carrier or likely carrier?

Name:  IMG_3807.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  47.3 KB

Here's a full quality image: https://ibb.co/D19cjTp

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Can you get close enough to read the name on the electric meter?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Can you get close enough to read the name on the electric meter?

Sadly it's within someone's private property (it's a walled in area inside of a self storage place inside of a fenced off area). LOL. I went so far as to try and call the self storage place to ask, but they never answer their phone. And the problem is they usually don't know. Verizon installed their small MMWave pole boxes every quarter mile in Vegas. They used a third party company to pull the fiber, then a third party to mount the hardware on the pole, so there was never a "Verizon" truck for that deployment. I struck up a convo with those installers because they accidentally hit an irrigation line with their backhoe and had to assist them with the water shut off and repairs, so they were a bit talkative about who they were installing on behalf, but this tower is unrelated so I'm curious. I'm in somewhat of a dead spot for ATT so it's close prox to me I'm really hoping it's them. So rare to see a brand new tower erected ground up in the middle of a very established area that's not seen a new tower since the dawn of cellular.

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Could be a T-Mobile band-71 & 41 install. The big panel on the right being band-71 (600 MHz) and the little one on the left band-41 (2.5 GHz). Not sure. They don't put their logos on the antennas.

Device(s)
    S22 Ultra, S21
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks to be T-Mobile. The smaller antenna is Ericsson's AIR 6449 n41 and the large antenna is an RFS panel supporting LTE 2/12/66/71 and n71 powered by Ericsson radios.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zspa710 View Post
    Looks to be T-Mobile. The smaller antenna is Ericsson's AIR 6449 n41 and the large antenna is an RFS panel supporting LTE 2/12/66/71 and n71 powered by Ericsson radios.
    Dohh, that was what I was afraid of. :-( T-Mobile is literally putting up towers and expanding coverage all over, and it feels like AT&T hasn't touched their network in years. They turned up most of their towers in Vegas on the mmWave "5G+" but unlike Verizon, they seem to take the "as long as people see the + nobody will ask why the backhaul is unchanged from 5G or even LTE... I get it that they aren't in the best financial shape, but they seem to be winning the race to the bottom. Boo.

I was really hoping it was going to be ATT, cause like many towns, they've got a ton of dead or near-dead spots... which they seem to be the only carrier not trying to address.

I appreciate your looking at the tower and giving the feedback.