Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with Safelink getting emails about not using your phone?

Feedback Score

Anyone with Safelink getting emails about not using your phone?

I get an email every 2-3 days harassing me about not using my phone, I need to make 1 phone call or text message per month or they will suspend my service.

Dear SafeLink customer,

Use your phone today to save your service from suspension!
    It looks like you still have not used your SafeLink phone this month. Take advantage of your service and use your phone today! Eligible usage includes a voice call, an outbound text message or data usage. Remember, you must use your phone at least once a month to avoid service cancellation.

If you do not use your phone, you will no longer receive your monthly minutes and text messages.

I send/receive at least 50 texts per month and make over an hour of calls each month. I talked to someone on their chat and then they had someone call me and told me not to worry about it because it's normal. How is threatening to suspend service for no reason normal? I have no idea what else to do at this point since directly speaking to someone does nothing. Anyone else getting these emails?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I suspect this message you are getting is being sent to many account holders, even if they are using their phones. It is probably a generic message being sent to encourage users to use their phones or risk getting their accounts suspended, and not a personalized message sent to you. I can only speculate.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkyStuff View Post
    I get an email every 2-3 days harassing me about not using my phone, I need to make 1 phone call or text message per month or they will suspend my service.

I send/receive at least 50 texts per month and make over an hour of calls each month. I talked to someone on their chat and then they had someone call me and told me not to worry about it because it's normal. How is threatening to suspend service for no reason normal? I have no idea what else to do at this point since directly speaking to someone does nothing. Anyone else getting these emails?
    Yes I am.

I'm also being harassed by them about not updating my Verizon Safelink SIM card yet and they will do it by a certain date.

Thing is that they are claiming that my Moto G Stylus 2021 will not work with the new SIM card and that I have to get a new phone that does VoLTE.

My Safelink SIM is running on T-Mobile.

But since this phone was a Straight Talk phone that was being used on Simple Mobile and it is a DL model it should work on Verizon Safelink.
    When my friend and cell phone Mentor sent me the phone I just put my Safelink SIM card in it and it worked perfectly without me having to do anything special for it.

Sent from my OnePlus Nord N10 5G

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Y...

... I just put my Safelink SIM card in it and it worked perfectly without me having to do anything special for it.

How old is the sim card? It might very likely need a new/updated one Safelink does have to be done over the phone, but usually works very quickly (personal experience helping friend & family with safelink accounts)
    (Our) Phone History At-a-Glance:
    '08-on Tracfone (Vz) using:
    1. '19- : Vzw on Moto E5 (with unl talk $30)
    2. '17-'19 : BYOP(Vzw) on UsC Moto E4 + LG Rebel 3
    3. '16-'17 : BYOP(Vzw) on HTC Desire 526
    4. '14-'16 : Huawei Glory H868C
    5. '12-'14 : LG800g
    6. '08-'12 : Motorola W376g
    '05-'08 Verizon & Sprint used: Moto Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    '03-'05 Alltel & Cingular
    '01 AT&T

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracbourne View Post
    How old is the sim card? It might very likely need a new/updated one Safelink does have to be done over the phone, but usually works very quickly (personal experience helping friend & family with safelink accounts)
    It's running on T-Mobile.

I've had it for a few years.
    They want to move me to Verizon.
    They sent me the Verizon based SIM card just over a month ago.
    I talked with their customer support and they said that every single phone that I gave them the IMEI to won't work with their precious VoLTE and keep trying to get me to buy a new phone.

I know that the phone will work with Verizon, it was originally a Straight Talk phone and it is a DL model.

My friend gave it to me after he was done using it, and he was using it on Simple Mobile which is T-Mobile based.

When I received it all I did was put my Safelink SIM card in it and it was up and running right away.

I knew that this forced integration to Verizon was going to be a major problem.

If they cut off my Safelink service because they won't allow me to use this phone I wonder if I can get the FCC to do something.

When I first signed up for Safelink I was offered to either get a free phone from them or to get a BYOD SIM card. I chose to go with the BYOD SIM because I had a pretty good phone to use.

When I was talking with the customer service person I asked if I could get a free phone since they kept insisting that my Moto G Stylus 2021 would not work with their precious VoLTE and they said that I couldn't get a free phone. That I would have to buy a new phone.
    Even though I never got the free phone when I signed up for SafeLink a few years ago.
    Just the BYOD SIM card.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    It's running on T-Mobile.

I've had it for a few years.
    They want to move me to Verizon.
    They sent me the Verizon based SIM card just over a month ago.
    I talked with their customer support and they said that every single phone that I gave them the IMEI to won't work with their precious VoLTE and keep trying to get me to buy a new phone.

I know that the phone will work with Verizon, it was originally a Straight Talk phone and it is a DL model.

My friend gave it to me after he was done using it, and he was using it on Simple Mobile which is T-Mobile based.

When I received it all I did was put my Safelink SIM card in it and it was up and running right away.

I knew that this forced integration to Verizon was going to be a major problem.

If they cut off my Safelink service because they won't allow me to use this phone I wonder if I can get the FCC to do something.

When I first signed up for Safelink I was offered to either get a free phone from them or to get a BYOD SIM card. I chose to go with the BYOD SIM because I had a pretty good phone to use.

When I was talking with the customer service person I asked if I could get a free phone since they kept insisting that my Moto G Stylus 2021 would not work with their precious VoLTE and they said that I couldn't get a free phone. That I would have to buy a new phone.
    Even though I never got the free phone when I signed up for SafeLink a few years ago.
    Just the BYOD SIM card.

I remember reading in the Verizon Acquisition agreement something like if your a Safelink customer and your phone isn't Verizon compatible there suppose to provide one that is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I suspect this message you are getting is being sent to many account holders, even if they are using their phones. It is probably a generic message being sent to encourage users to use their phones or risk getting their accounts suspended, and not a personalized message sent to you. I can only speculate.
    Yeah, I know it's just a generic message possibly being sent to everyone. I get 3 different ones. The most recent ones are making it seem like a suspension is imminent. I'm so annoyed with the harassing emails and none of the CSRs are helpful in any way regarding this. They just tell me to call them again after mentioning that I've already done that with absolutely no help. It's actually gotten worse since talking to them.

I bought a $60 phone with 1 year of service today and will just abandon their free service.

Feedback Score
    You can transfer your Lifeline & ACP benefits to another provider (using your preferred network) and probably get a free phone.
    FWIW, I'm on Safelink and haven't been getting any of the aforementioned calls or texts.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiedewbie View Post
    You can transfer your Lifeline & ACP benefits to another provider (using your preferred network) and probably get a free phone.
    FWIW, I'm on Safelink and haven't been getting any of the aforementioned calls or texts.
    I haven't been getting any of the text like OP has been getting either.

Newbiedewbie... I also have ACP & Lifeline with Safelink. Got the EBB when it started and it changed to ACP. Do you have any idea how to separate the two without me losing my Lifeline service with Safelink?
    I've cut the cord for TV and doing streaming now. I need the ACP for internet now so I can upgrade my speed.

Feedback Score
    @NanaC… When you apply with your new internet company, there should be a section where you consent to have them transfer your ACP benefit. You don't have to contact Safelink to cancel.. I haven't done it myself, but all the ACP info sites say this. The ACP and Lifeline are separate programs and you should be able to use them separately. I don't remember what the Lifeline-only package is with Safelink.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiedewbie View Post
    @NanaC… When you apply with your new internet company, there should be a section where you consent to have them transfer your ACP benefit. You don't have to contact Safelink to cancel.. I haven't done it myself, but all the ACP info sites say this. The ACP and Lifeline are separate programs and you should be able to use them separately. I don't remember what the Lifeline-only package is with Safelink.
    Thanks for the reply and info.

If I remember correctly I was getting 350 minutes, unlimited text and 4.5 GB data per month before it went to EBB then ACP.
    I can live with that, even if I have to buy extra airtime Safelink has a $15 plan and that would be way cheaper than the difference I'd have to pay for faster internet without ACP.

The obstacle I may run into though is ACP is in my husband's name and the internet is in my name.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I haven't been getting any of the text like OP has been getting either.
    Typically, such notifications are not sent to all customers at the same time, the messaging system couldn't handle it. Typically, they are sent in waves based on your location. For example, Ohio customers receive them on month x, New York customers on month y, Florida customers on month z.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkyStuff View Post
    I bought a $60 phone with 1 year of service today and will just abandon their free service.
    It may have changed, but in the past when you canceled with Safelink you kept the phone and the remaining airtime... the phone and airtime becoming classified as regular Tracfone. Some phones did not get completely separated from Safelink due to TF incompetence. The Safelink phone number being the inaccurate bridge between Tracfone and Safelink.

So you may want to keep the old and new phones separate... do not combine them. You will see the problem when you look at your remaining airtime in your Tracfone account and it shows the inaccurate tie with Safelink.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    It may have changed, but in the past when you canceled with Safelink you kept the phone and the remaining airtime... the phone and airtime becoming classified as regular Tracfone. Some phones did not get completely separated from Safelink due to TF incompetence. The Safelink phone number being the inaccurate bridge between Tracfone and Safelink.

So you may want to keep the old and new phones separate... do not combine them. You will see the problem when you look at your remaining airtime in your Tracfone account and it shows the inaccurate tie with Safelink.
    I don't want to separate from Safelink, I want to keep Lifeline service with Safelink. Problem is both Lifeline and ACP are with Safelink right now. When EBB became available I applied for that and then it changed to ACP without me having to do anything. Now I want to switch the ACP to Spectrum for internet, but not sure how to go about it without getting my Lifeline with Safelink screwed up. I mean after all, Safelink Lineline is now managed by Verizon so who knows what it will mess up if I try to move my ACP to Spectrum for internet and keep Lifeline with Safelink.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Many felt Verizon didn`t really want Safelink. So maybe Verizon is trying to get rid of Safelink by devious means?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast