Thread: Can't unlock Motorola One 5G with app

Feedback Score

Can't unlock Motorola One 5G with app

I put a Motorola One 5G on the account in December. I ordered it directly from Cricket. When trying to unlock with the app, I get the error message "Failed to generate attestation request (error code #16781313 -ENDORSE_API_FAILED)"

So far I've tried clearing data for the app, disabling, rebooting, and then re-enabling the app. I also have it permission to access my location, even though it didn't request it.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Every mention of this I've seen shows Cricket being unable to help.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe the issue is that the phone must be active for at least 12 months before it can be unlocked.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    According to that link, I stand corrected. I thought it was 12 months.

You should contact Cricket Wireless next.

Device(s)
    Pixel 6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I bought a Cricket Samsung S20FE last November and I was able to to unlock it via the app in May. Definitely sounds like a call to customer support is needed.

Feedback Score
    I've recently had a Moto phone unlocked on 176th day of activation. First I tried from account/unlock code through website, red error message appeared on top of the page saying to call CS. I did call and they asked IMEI for checking eligibility. Later they called back. Phone was unlocked through Cricket App.

Feedback Score
    I have three of these and successfully unlocked one of them several weeks ago via the app. But reading this made me realize we haven't tried to unlock the other two even though those are well past the six months - so I tried yesterday via the app and got the same error message.

Seen a few of the threads on reddit and there doesn't seem to be a clear cut solution for this error message.

Feedback Score
    I finally had a chance to sit down with the phone and chat with Cricket. Their suggestions were to clear memory for the app, disable and restart the app, be sure I'm using mobile data and not wi-fi, and check to be sure there were no pending updates on the phone. I had tried all of that previously, and it didn't work then or now. They've created a case, so I'll update here when I hear from that.

Feedback Score
    With Cricket still "working on it" for nearly a month I decided to see if Motorola could help. Here's the response I received. It looks like we're getting somewhere!

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for the the inconvenience; we have looked into this issue and we are aware that some units can't be unlocked. This is a programming issues on a subset of devices which would require the phone to be sent to repair to be reprogrammed. If you'd still like to get the phone unlocked then please let us know and we can assist you with backing up your phone and arranging the repair process.

Just to make everyone aware, when the device is returned it will still be locked to Cricket; however, the repair process will fix the issue with the app so that you can unlock your device. I apologize but there is no way for us to unlock it on our end and must be unlocked with the app.

Thanks

Becky

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phroberts View Post
    With Cricket still "working on it" for nearly a month I decided to see if Motorola could help.
    How did you contact Motorola? Meaning, is there an email address / customer service phone number, if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    They have a support forum. Here's a direct link into the thread. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorol...g/m-p/5153562?