Thread: voicemail question

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score

voicemail question

i have the samsung a21 i got from tracfone when the 3g went down. i have now switched the phone over to metro pcs from a free number that the metro store gave the wife when she got a new phone

outside of this being a ****** phone i'm stuck with it now until i find a good one plus nord and put this sim into that, but in the meantime the wife set up the voice mail and used the letter v for accessing it. well somehow i managed to delete that letter from my contact list and i can't get into the voicemail now. when i get a voice mail it tells me to enter *65 but all that does is bring up the keypad and then just as fast that goes away.

i guess i just as soon turn off the notices for the voicemail as i have 3 numbers that need to call me and no one else has my number and i get 10 or more calls a day form whoever had this number before me and most of the time the leave a voicemail and that notice stays on the phone forever.

so what i need help with is either getting back that deleted v that was my shortcut to the voice mail or if i can reset it up or if i can just delete the notices for it and be happy?

i watched some YT and tried holding the 1 on the keypad and it did nothing but set there or go away. so i may have to delete the voice mail account and reset it up or just delete all the notices.

any ideas? thanks

Feedback Score
    "Push "1" on your MetroPCs phone's keypad and push "Send" to dial your account's voicemail. Alternately, dial your cell phone number from an alternate phone and wait until the call goes to voicemail. Press * and enter your voicemail's passcode to gain access to your unheard and saved messages."

Google
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    when i do that i press 1 then i press the phone icon and all it does is flash and says send and goes back to the keypad if i hold the 1 for a bit it goes to voicemail and then back to the keypad and while it is in that voicemail mode it says *65 at the top and block add to contacts if i press the phone icon that is on that page it goes to the keypad again i enter my passcode and hit the phone icon agan and is says mmi complete and then wants me to press ok

that is all it does. how can i delete that and start it over? or how can i just delete the voicemail icon that is on my home page screen and just forget about voice mails? i do not get any voice mail from the 3 numbers on my phone that i want to call me i get tons of calls a day from people trying to seel **** to the person that have this number before i had it. it is non stop. because it is a free number i asked the metro store if they would change it and they want another 15$ and then i may have to jump thru all the hoops again like i did when i first got this number, they turned it off 5 times and the wife had to spend hours on the phone getting it turned back on.

so i have to figure out how to get back into that voicemail or see if i can set up a new one or just figure out how to delete the noticies so they never show up on my phone. i tried to let the message book fill up but they still show up

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I suspect that Convairbob's VM may not be setup correctly in the carrier's system or the stored speed dial # assigned to that key is incorrect.

In the more than 2 decades that I have had a cell phone, I have always pressed the "1" key for about a second or two and it connects to my VM. This connects the phone via a speed dial # and has been this way with both basic feature phones and smart phones. I have never had to press <SEND> to be connected. After connecting, the automated system asks me to enter my PIN# and gives me options to listen to messages, delete messages, record a new greeting, etc.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    i think your correct is there a way to delete the voice mail or will i have t contact metro pcs and have them do it or stop to the metro store and have then do it for me? the wife set it up so it was in the contacts under the letter v and for me to hear them so i could delete them i had to press the v in my contacts. somehow i managed to delete that v in my contacts and now i cant get into the voicemail.

now voicemail is not important to me so if i can just get the damn phone to let me delete that notice that would be great. i do not need voicemail nor care to have it but i get tons of calls and then they leave that dam voicemail and it set there on my home page and now i can't get to tit so i can listen and then delete them. i do not listen i just turn them on ans delete them as they play so i set there tapping 5 or 7 until they are all gone and then the notices go away.

when i get a voicemail it shows in the message *65 but if i go to the keypad and tap that all i get is another message telling me that is sent something and then i get another notice telling me i got another vm and that was me trying to hear the one i just got. that can go on all day it seems *65 does nothing. and that is what came with the phone i did not enter that for vm access.

so can i just delete the complete thing my self or does metro have to do that?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Metro might have to reset your VM box feature and re-send the speed dial # to your "1" key on your phone. I used to be a CS rep for At&t postpaid for several years and occasionally had to do this very thing for customers with VM issues.

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    thanks next time i'm over by a metro store i will stop in and see if they can do this for me. but if i can just stop the notices from my phone that would be great. then the box will fill up and i don't care i just want the notices to stop. thanks

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 6a/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Does dialing the phone's number from that same phone not bring up your voicemail?

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    hey that works how can i make that so i co not have to enter all the numbers? i think i just figured that out. i did not know i had to enter my own number that is how much i use the phone for a phone. let me try that for a few days and see if it works. just now i had 7 vm now they are gone and so is the notice. thanks tons for that.

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 6a/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Yes. Just create a contact in your list, name it Voicemail or just V, and enter your phone number as the contact number.

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    thanks the wife did that but when i was deleting vm somehow the went away. i think it was attached to the *65 the shows up in the vm. so i now use my name because i tried setting up the v for vm and it would not let me, might be because i blocked that one time already. i have no clue why when i get a vm it tell me to dial *65 in the message. maybe someone have tell why that is? i'm new to vm and actually using the phone for a phone. like i said i have 3 numbers on my phone the wife and my 2 girls and that is all i want. if i could just get the phone to not leave any notices i would just turn them off

but i have to get used to this phone as we are starting to transition from magicjack and next year we will not renew that phone as it is all day long scam calls. renew medicare renew car extended warranties renew this renew that you name it and they call. they all now go to the box and that rings 2 times and then tells them to leave a message and of course they never do. thanks