Thread: 3G Home Phone: All circuits are busy, can't connect

Feedback Score

3G Home Phone: All circuits are busy, can't connect

My mom has the Huawei 226C Straight Talk Home Phone and has been having issues receiving calls. We're assuming it's to do with the 3G shutdown, but I'd like to know if anyone else has the same problem.
    Callers get one of three messages, something like: "All circuits are busy…", "The Verizon subscriber you're trying to reach…", Welcome to Verizon, your call can not be completed…" …try your call again later.
    I can call other#'s, other people calling her have the same issue, she can call out okay.
    Sometimes, when I've called and gotten one of the messages, she says her phone rang but no one was on the line when she answered it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can only speculate, but it sounds like there is some breakdown in their network that is probably under investigation. Contact customer service to report the issue and/or get feedback.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You need to replace the box with a LTE based box.

I have my friend that still had a CDMA only box was getting this message.

My friend found out that Verizon is slowly cutting down the CDMA system, and limiting the number of CDMA lines.

If you want to know, Verizon is going to completely turn off their CDMA network at the end of the year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiedewbie View Post
    My mom has the Huawei 226C Straight Talk Home Phone and has been having issues receiving calls. We're assuming it's to do with the 3G shutdown, but I'd like to know if anyone else has the same problem.
    Callers get one of three messages, something like: "All circuits are busy", "The Verizon subscriber you're trying to reach", Welcome to Verizon, your call can not be completed" try your call again later.
    I can call other#'s, other people calling her have the same issue, she can call out okay.
    Sometimes, when I've called and gotten one of the messages, she says her phone rang but no one was on the line when she answered it.
    The Straight Talk VoLTE device is $50. It uses the Verizon network. Sorry you have to spend money, but 3G is all but dead and isn't ever going to get better. It's time to move on to a modern device.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    US Mobile, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    As others have suggested, Verizon is killing their 3g/1X network and you will need to upgrade to the Straight Talk ZTE LTE box to continue service.
    Home Entertainment: Centurylink Fiber(Now Quantum Fiber) 500 Mbps Download/900 Mbps Upload Fiber service, Roku Ultra for Streaming.

Landline: N/A

Mobile Entertainment: US Mobile for Primary Service, Cricket Unlimited More for secondary phone.

Want to save money and join a Postpaid family plan? Try Circledin where you can get Post Paid service on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon but for family plan pricing vs. full price. You get savings, carriers get Postpaid adds and everyone wins.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM) Walmart Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiedewbie View Post
    My mom has the Huawei 226C Straight Talk Home Phone ...........
    I had that one, it is a Verizon CDMA box. Quite some time back (maybe a year or so) I was getting emails from Straight Talk saying it needed to be replaced with a VOLTE box and offered a deal for a new box. I got a ZTE Z723EL from Straight Talk to replace the Huawei 226C.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene44 View Post
    I had that one, it is a Verizon CDMA box. Quite some time back (maybe a year or so) I was getting emails from Straight Talk saying it needed to be replaced with a VOLTE box and offered a deal for a new box. I got a ZTE Z723EL from Straight Talk to replace the Huawei 226C.
    Check ST the website frequently. Sometimes they have refurbs for $20.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM) Walmart Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Check ST the website frequently. Sometimes they have refurbs for $20.
    My replacement offer was for $25.00 due to the Huawei being phased out and needing replacement. OP should have received an email offer similar to that.