Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moto G7 vs G Power vs G power II???

Feedback Score

Moto G7 vs G Power vs G power II???

Greetings...havent been around for awhile.
    I see HSN has a Moto G Power II for $79.
    Anyone know the difference between the G power and the G power II? Google doesnt.

I am running a G7 now but this looks like a better phone...??? Not many cases on ebay but there are a few for us fumble fingers.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Anyone know the difference between the G power and the G power II? Google doesnt.

I am running a G7 now but this looks like a better phone...??? Not many cases on ebay but there are a few for us fumble fingers.
    What HSN is calling the G Power II is what is generally referred to as the Moto G Power 2022. There's also a 2020 and 2021 version of the G Power. You can compare the specs here: https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/co...6170,6386,6582 The 2020 had the fastest processor and the best screen. On paper at least the 2022 has the best main camera. PCMag's review of the 2022 is here https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/motoro...o-g-power-2022
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score

There are two models of the Moto Power, XT2041DL and XT2165DL. They are sometimes referred to as ths 2021 and 2022 models. The one HSN is selling is identified in the specs as the XT2165DL (2022) model. Both have the 5000mAh battery. I don't recall the other differences.

I have the original G7 Power model. I like it a lot for the big battery, but not for the weight.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    XT2041DL - G Power 2020
    XT2117DL - G Power 2021
    XT2165DL - G Power 2022 (or HSN's Power II)

This is my understanding.

Feedback Score
    Thanks folks! That clears things up for me. For $79, I figured it was worth the time alone. I am gonna try it. I have two G7s...one is a backup... and they are ok, although the cameras are ho hum. And the memory is a tad small so the upgrade there will be welcome. If I dont like it, I will hope motorola/tracfone offers a 5G phone set up like the G7.
    This will be the last non 5G phone for me...never tried a 5G phone but that is the future. I like the way the Motorola's fingerprint sensor seems to work first time every time unless the finger is wet.
    Of course, there are places I go where there is no 5G, 4G, 3G or any other G coverage. But there is still happy hour.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    There are two models of the Moto Power, XT2041DL and XT2165DL. They are sometimes referred to as ths 2021 and 2022 models. The one HSN is selling is identified in the specs as the XT2165DL model. Both have the 5000mAh battery. I don't recall the other differences.

I have the original G7 Power model. I like it a lot for the big battery, but not for the weight.
    [Edit] Corrected the model years.

Feedback Score
    Thanks folks! That clears things up for me. For $79, I figured it was worth the time alone. I am gonna try it. I have two G7s...one is a backup... and they are ok, although the cameras are ho hum. And the memory is a tad small so the upgrade there will be welcome. If I dont like it, I will hope motorola/tracfone offers a 5G phone set up like the G7.
    This will be the last non 5G phone for me...never tried a 5G phone but that is the future. I like the way the Motorola's fingerprint sensor seems to work first time every time unless the finger is wet.
    Of course, there are places I go where there is no 5G, 4G, 3G or any other G coverage. But there is still happy hour.
    Happy Hour with that view don't need no stinkin' Gs.

Feedback Score
    Where is that view?
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Feedback Score

I bought that exact phone last week...waiting for it to be delivered tomorrow. I've never bought anything from them before, so I was able to get $20 off of the price. If it goes well, I think it'll be a steal for the $64 I paid. They shipped it UPS Surepost, so it sat somewhere for nearly 4 days before moving to the next facility.

I too had to do a bit of research wondering what the hell a G Power II was.

Feedback Score
    You got that right!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    I have to say I have bought maybe 6 phones from them and have been very pleased with them and their service. I usually keep a spare but they now say you have to activate it within a year. I have used TF since there was a TF and I wonder how much money they have saved me?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I have used TF since there was a TF and I wonder how much money they have saved me?
    Oodles of money!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Oodles of money!
    Depends on what you compare it to. Compared to a single line $100 a month postpaid plan my $50 a year Tracfone cost has saved me ~$23,000 over twenty years.

I could do this because I in no way need the service level and reliability of a postpaid plan.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I like the view. Is that Canada?

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The reviews on the HSN Moto G Power II phone said it had poor battery life. Have you experienced that? I got the Moto E 2020 from HSN.com last year and it has an awesome battery. I don't want to sacrifice battery because I want more memory.
    TZ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast