Thread: Is there a way to set alerts when text balance is low?

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Is there a way to set alerts when text balance is low?

Hello;
    Is there a way to set an alert when my text balance gets below a specified amount?
    I'm on the pay as you go plan with 365 days of service, and add texts as I need them, but sometimes forget to check my balance, and run out.
    It would be convenient if TF could send me a text to let me know I was getting low.

Thanks for your help
    Ultrarunner

Feedback Score
    I don't know if there is a way to warn you in advance, but I think you will get notified when you can't get a message. Recently, a customer service rep wiped out my dad's text bucket. When he was at zero, he would receive a message something like: you were not able to receive a text message due to insufficient balance. Unfortunately, you will have already missed that message, but hopefully you can replenish the balance quickly at that point.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    That's what happened to me last month. When I tried to refill my text bucket, I was unable to log into my account, due to glitches on TF servers.
    I was finally able to purchase more texts, but it was frustrating not to be able to receive texts, as that is my primary mode of communication.
    That said, I do have a good balance of minutes, so I can always call someone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    Recently, a customer service rep wiped out my dad's text bucket. When he was at zero, he would receive a message something like: you were not able to receive a text message due to insufficient balance.
    I had a phone that had about 2700 texts that suddenly went to 0 texts. It wasn't because the texts were used. I contacted TF a few times about it. One rep said they could see the texts on their end. I finally gave up on it. The texts were there somewhere because the phone could still send a receive texts ok. Tracfone does weird things.

Recently I combined that account with another one. I told the rep that there were more than 0 texts somewhere but the rep said they couldn't see the texts so they could not transfer them. The phone that I combined the texts to had over 3000 texts so I didn't worry about it too much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eohippus View Post
    I had a phone that had about 2700 texts that suddenly went to 0 texts. It wasn't because the texts were used. I contacted TF a few times about it. One rep said they could see the texts on their end. I finally gave up on it. The texts were there somewhere because the phone could still send a receive texts ok. Tracfone does weird things.

Recently I combined that account with another one. I told the rep that there were more than 0 texts somewhere but the rep said they couldn't see the texts so they could not transfer them. The phone that I combined the texts to had over 3000 texts so I didn't worry about it too much.
    Tracfone definitely does weird things. And it all goes well ... until it doesn't. I only called once about the zero balance. The second agent said he must have used all the texts, which was ridiculous. I had some lingering points in an account with no line so I redeemed 500 points for 1000 texts instead of trying to convince customer service to replenish his balance. My lesson was if a rep does something in your account, there is a greater chance that the rep will mess things up than actually fix whatever the issue was!