Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Combine Balance Nightmare

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Yes, both phones have their respective numbers and balances. Only the service end dates have changed, extended out.
    Of course who knows what will happen when I boot the phones tomorrow.
    That's good to hear that both phones have their respective numbers and balances!

In your previous posts, I noticed that you were thinking of doing some more combines, so as to get to use a different phone.

If this was me, I would totally *not* fiddle around with *anything* right now! My mantra with TF is "do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you!" (Or like my grandma likes to say - Why can't all you youngsters just leave well enough alone!)
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    For me. This is impossible to follow because of ****. Made up numbers such as 0043 & 0044 would have made this easier.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    For me. This is impossible to follow because of ****. Made up numbers such as 0043 & 0044 would have made this easier.
    I know it was hard to understand because I had to cut out all of the numbers. It was even hard for me to read and I was the one who wrote it. It was much easier to read with the numbers all in place the way they were supposed to be.

I might have been better trying to perform the transaction using a website form but I figured if something went wrong that I wouldn't have a human being to talk to.

Sent from my LGL423DL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    That's good to hear that both phones have their respective numbers and balances!

In your previous posts, I noticed that you were thinking of doing some more combines, so as to get to use a different phone.

If this was me, I would totally *not* fiddle around with *anything* right now! My mantra with TF is "do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you!" (Or like my grandma likes to say - Why can't all you youngsters just leave well enough alone!)
    I agree with the mantra. Sometimes it's better just to leave things alone. My problem is it worked for me before when I tried to do it so that was the temptation.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    What I was thinking of doing to reduce the number of phones from three to two would be to take my two unessential phone numbers and try to combine them. Then if I lose a phone number it won't be as big of a deal just as long as I get to keep my combined balances.

Then the phone that is left deactivated would be available to use again. I could activate it with the number that I use as my primary number.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score

I might have been better trying to perform the transaction using a website form but I figured if something went wrong that I wouldn't have a human being to talk to.
    There's no option on TF website or app to do the combine yourself.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    There's no option on TF website or app to do the combine yourself.
    I see. I thought they did. They do have an automated activate with an existing number? I've activated a bundle phone using the automated system but got a new number.

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I see. I thought they did. They do have an automated activate with an existing number? I've activated a bundle phone using the automated system but got a new number
    You can activate a new phone yourself online and select "Keep My Phone Number". It'll ask you to enter that phone number (of an active TF phone or BYOP SIM), then texts a code to that phone for you to enter on the web site. After that, service from that line will be transferred to your new phone. If your new phone comes with bundled units/days, they will be added to your balances/days from the old phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    You can activate a new phone yourself online and select "Keep My Phone Number". It'll ask you to enter that phone number (of an active TF phone or BYOP SIM), then texts a code to that phone for you to enter on the web site. After that, service from that line will be transferred to your new phone. If your new phone comes with bundled units/days, they will be added to your balances/days from the old phone.
    Yes, I've successfully activated a bundle phone that way. I wonder if it will work for reactivating a TF that's been used before and unlocked.

Do they still allow VZ SIMs to be reactivated, or do we need to get a new SIM? If so, I have an unused VZ TF SIM I got in a BYOD kit.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if it will work for reactivating a TF that's been used before and unlocked.

Do they still allow VZ SIMs to be reactivated, or do we need to get a new SIM? If so, I have an unused VZ TF SIM I got in a BYOD kit.
    I've reactivated a TF-branded phone using its original SIM that was activated, unlocked, and expired.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I've reactivated a TF-branded phone using its original SIM that was activated, unlocked, and expired.
    I've reactivated TF VZ SIMs in the past, my current LG TF was reactivated with a transfer. It wasn't unlocked.

I just thought I read somewhere that recently someone was told they needed to get a new SIM. Maybe it was a special situation.

I have an unlocked Optimo Maxx that I was thinking of reactivating with transfer, that's why I asked. It was active earlier this year.

I just wondered if the unlock process affected the SIM's ability to be reactivated.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just wondered if the unlock process affected the SIM's ability to be reactivated.
    Unlocking a phone by TF allows it to accept a non-TF SIM. It doesn't change anything else related to how that phone works in TF system, its balances/days, etc.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Unlocking a phone by TF allows it to accept a non-TF SIM. It doesn't change anything else related to how that phone works in TF system, its balances/days, etc.
    Thanks HPham.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Crazy8SD, I used your simplified format to combine the balances of two of my TracFones, and it worked well. I only gave them the telephone numbers and not the IMEI numbers.

It started out really well on the chat like the CSR really knew what she was doing.

When she told me what the balance was going to be after the combination was through, it didn't sound quite right so I checked the balance and it was still showing the old balance.

But then in a few minutes I asked her to verify the balance for me and it came through as a text and it was correct.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that the service end date is way past when it would have been but it is in my favor.

The target phone (this one, the Moto G Power) was going to expire in January 2023 and the donor phone was going to expire in March 2023.

Yesterday's mix up extended the March 2023 date to July 2023.

After the recombine today the expiration date on the Moto G Power is December 2023.

Screenshot of "before & after" balance checks.

Now my Moto Play is deactivated and I can transfer my main TF service to it. I didn't like big phones when my main phone was a 5 inch or a 5 1/2 inch, but I'm getting to like the larger screens.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8SD View Post
    I have successfully combined balance many times and the donor phone always got deactivated. I did take extra steps to accomplish what you tried to do. A is a newer, better phone but B has the number I want to keep. (I didn't know how to do it so I asked here. hpham replied with steps.) I first put both lines in the same account.
    "I'd like to have the remaining buckets/days of phone number A added to phone number B. I'd like to keep phone number B."
    I only provided the phone # for both phones (not IMEIs). The agent sent a verification code to the donor phone. (I think some agents sent codes to both.) Phone B got all the buckets and A deactivated. After a day or two, I started another chat to move everything to A.
    "May I transfer my active service/units to a currently inactive Tracfone-branded phone with the original Verizon SIM?"
    I then provided the IMEI (and SIM ID if asked) of phone A. A 6-digit code was sent to phone B for verification. Once done, I turned off both phones and turned on phone A. Sometimes it takes longer for the balance to move over, but other times, only a few minutes.
    Name:  TFbalanceAfterCombine.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  36.8 KB

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that the service end date is way past when it would have been but it is in my favor.

The target phone (this one, the Moto G Power) was going to expire in January 2023 and the donor phone was going to expire in March 2023.

Yesterday's mix up extended the March 2023 date to July 2023.

After the recombine today the expiration date on the Moto G Power is December 2023.
    I can't explain the mix up yesterday. But today the donor phone has service out to July 2023, which is 11 months left. The target phone had an exp date of January 2023. Add 11 months from the donor phone and it's extended to Dec 2023. Looks right to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast