Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Combine Balance Nightmare

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Yes, after yesterday's mix-up it extended the balance on the donor phone. It was a crazy experience but as long as I have my balance and everything worked okay I'm fine with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I can't explain the mix up yesterday. But today the donor phone has service out to July 2023, which is 11 months left. The target phone had an exp date of January 2023. Add 11 months from the donor phone and it's extended to Dec 2023. Looks right to me.
    Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Now my Moto Play is deactivated and I can transfer my main TF service to it. I didn't like big phones when my main phone was a 5 inch or a 5 1/2 inch, but I'm getting to like the larger screens.
    Wait a day or two before you transfer everything to Moto G Play. (different deactivation/reactivation dates make it easier for CS to sort things out if something goes wrong and you need to call.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8SD View Post
    Wait a day or two before you transfer everything to Moto G Play. (different deactivation/reactivation dates make it easier for CS to sort things out if something goes wrong and you need to call.)
    Yes, I was thinking of doing it because I really like the Moto Play phone. The screen is nice. But I think I'll take the weekend off from TF chats. Don't want to try my luck at the TF roulette win-or-lose wheel.

Thank you for taking time to offer helpful advice, to you and the others who chipped in. It relieved me of some confusion about what I was doing wrong.

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8SD View Post
    I first put both lines in the same account.

.... (I think some agents sent codes to both.)
    I recently successfully combined (Yay!) two lines into one (after putting off the task for a long, long time! The person I was doing this for had been after me to get this done, but I'm just too scared to transact with TF Chat ).

The two lines were in two different accounts and I didn't have access to either account. But I had both the phones (devices) with me.

The Chat rep sent a verification code text first to the donor phone, and then to the receiver phone.

So I think it may depend on whether or not you have both lines in the same account.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I recently successfully combined (Yay!) two lines into one (after putting off the task for a long, long time! The person I was doing this for had been after me to get this done, but I'm just too scared to transact with TF Chat ).

The two lines were in two different accounts and I didn't have access to either account. But I had both the phones (devices) with me.

The Chat rep sent a verification code text first to the donor phone, and then to the receiver phone.

So I think it may depend on whether or not you have both lines in the same account.
    I'm glad to hear it worked. It's a relief when the ordeal is over with and everything works as it should.

The last transfer I'll probably do for a while will be my primary TF service to a newer phone. Then hopefully no more for a while.

Sent from my LGL423DL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I combined my two phones last week. Did not need the T-mo phone anymore. Did it on chat, took about 15 minutes and went smooth. Balance showed up on the original phone in about 15 minutes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Just wanted to relate this private message I got from TF Alex:

(Quote

Hi this is Alex from Tracfone Wireless. We really do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please know that it is never our goal to let you experience suh trouble. We really do understand your frustration. Give us a chance to fully evaluate this and help you out. For further assistance yo can chat with us via this link...

(End quote)

The misspelled "such" (suh) and "you" (yo) contained in the body of the message is exactly as it was spelled. Copied & pasted verbatim. I thought it was proof it's a real person sending the messages, but the ID "TF Alex" is probably a fictitious screen name.

Sent from my LGL163BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I just finished transferring my primary TF number from my LG Solo LGL423DL to my Moto G Optimo Maxx XT1955DL.

The Optimo was unlocked in April and its service combined with balance of one of my other phones.

The chat went quickly (39 in line but they picked up the conversation very fast).

One funny thing, the transfer was almost immediate, and the phone was able to call/text. The balance checked out fine. Yay!

CSR placed a test call and it rang on my other TF... Yay! What?

At least the transfer worked.

After I got off of the chat, I verified the phone would do calls. It seemed fine.

Then I tested messaging again. I have been using Textra.

I was unable to send a long SMS to my Google Voice number. Checked the settings on GV to make sure the phone # showed as associated with the phone I was using. Checked my Textra settings. Couldn't find anything.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Textra and it did the same. It wouldn't send a long SMS to my other TF either. Long SMS as in the size of a TF balance text I wanted to forward.

After that I chose Google Messages for my texting app and it sent/received the same message Textra wouldn't send, to both GV and my other TF.

One of the reasons I switched phones is Textra. Lately it's been freezing and glitching on my LG Solo when I send messages. I tried uninstall & reinstall. I thought it might be the phone because Textra is working on my other active phones.

I'll stick with Google Messages for now, but thought I'd mention the messaging issue.

Hopefully the transfer won't deactivate itself overnight.

Over a year ago, I had a LG Fiesta deactivate overnight after transferring my number/airtime to it. Booted up in the morning and it showed "no service" and no SIM so I transferred back to my other phone. The Fiesta was activated on chat and"rebranded" because it was Straight Talk, so that might have had something to do with it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I just finished transferring my primary TF number from my LG Solo LGL423DL to my Moto G Optimo Maxx XT1955DL.

The Optimo was unlocked in April and its service combined with balance of one of my other phones.

The chat went quickly (39 in line but they picked up the conversation very fast).

One funny thing, the transfer was almost immediate, and the phone was able to call/text. The balance checked out fine. Yay!

CSR placed a test call and it rang on my other TF... Yay! What?

At least the transfer worked.

After I got off of the chat, I verified the phone would do calls. It seemed fine.

Then I tested messaging again. I have been using Textra.

I was unable to send a long SMS to my Google Voice number. Checked the settings on GV to make sure the phone # showed as associated with the phone I was using. Checked my Textra settings. Couldn't find anything.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Textra and it did the same. It wouldn't send a long SMS to my other TF either. Long SMS as in the size of a TF balance text I wanted to forward.

After that I chose Google Messages for my texting app and it sent/received the same message Textra wouldn't send, to both GV and my other TF.

One of the reasons I switched phones is Textra. Lately it's been freezing and glitching on my LG Solo when I send messages. I tried uninstall & reinstall. I thought it might be the phone because Textra is working on my other active phones.

I'll stick with Google Messages for now, but thought I'd mention the messaging issue.

Hopefully the transfer won't deactivate itself overnight.

Over a year ago, I had a LG Fiesta deactivate overnight after transferring my number/airtime to it. Booted up in the morning and it showed "no service" and no SIM so I transferred back to my other phone. The Fiesta was activated on chat and"rebranded" because it was Straight Talk, so that might have had something to do with it.

Weird that your having that issue with Textra. I've used it for years without any problems. If you have plenty of data you could try the setting to convert long sms messages to mms and see if that works.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Weird that your having that issue with Textra. I've used it for years without any problems. If you have plenty of data you could try the setting to convert long sms messages to mms and see if that works.
    Yes, that's one of the first things I do when setting up Textra. I convert long SMS to MMS at 1 text. That's because I use it to talk to someone instead of email and our messages get fairly long.

I also set the WiFi to switch off while sending because that seemed to fix a problem with long waits for messages to send.

It only seemed to be glitching on the LG Solo, and it's a slightly older phone. I think it's something to do with the phone because Textra seems ok on my other active phones.

I have two active TF's, the Moto Optimo Maxx & a Moto G Power, one Moto E on Red Pocket, and one LG Neon on H20.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that's one of the first things I do when setting up Textra. I convert long SMS to MMS at 1 text. That's because I use it to talk to someone instead of email and our messages get fairly long.

I also set the WiFi to switch off while sending because that seemed to fix a problem with long waits for messages to send.

It only seemed to be glitching on the LG Solo, and it's a slightly older phone. I think it's something to do with the phone because Textra seems ok on my other active phones.

I have two active TF's, the Moto Optimo Maxx & a Moto G Power, one Moto E on Red Pocket, and one LG Neon on H20.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app
    I don't have mine set to convert long sms to mms and it works fine. Have you tried it with that setting disabled?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I don't have mine set to convert long sms to mms and it works fine. Have you tried it with that setting disabled?
    Well, the phone that Textra was malfunctioning on isn't active now, I transferred its service to my Moto Optimo Maxx so I can't test it with that setting off since Textra doesn't work with WiFi.

Textra seems to work fine on my other active phones.

I set SMS to convert to long MMS because otherwise long conversations would come through as a string of texts instead of one message. That's my primary reason for using Textra.

Some of my old phones had the choice of adding a subject line to texts, and that's how I converted them to MMS. Newer phones didn't have that option. They also don't always have messaging apps with counters that show how many characters a message is.

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I didn't want to start my own thread but wanted to chime in and say I rolled the dice and combined the balance of two of my lines. I only had like 60 days remaining on an old line with roughly 4-5K min/texts and 5GB of data, so I combined it with an old 1yr bundle SIM since it was a throwaway #. It was shockingly easy to get this done over chat in just a matter of minutes! The last time I tried to do this I was told by one rep it wasn't possible, another said I had to call in to do it, and finally found one who did it for me. This time it was a breeze!
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro eSIM; Galaxy S21 5G
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 13 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone 13 mini [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3