Thread: Legacy Per Minute/Per Day Plan Increases

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score

Legacy Per Minute/Per Day Plan Increases

Effective October 5, 2022 the Pay-Per-Minute plans will increase to 35 cents per minute. The $2/day talk and text plan will increase to $3/day. AT&T really wants to get rid of the people on these plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
    Effective October 5, 2022 the Pay-Per-Minute plans will increase to 35 cents per minute. The $2/day talk and text plan will increase to $3/day. AT&T really wants to get rid of the people on these plans.
    Thanks for the info. Yes, AT&T does seem to want to get rid of the old PayGo customers.

An elderly couple I help has the 10cent/min plan on a backup phone that they don't use much. The balance has accumulated to over $150.

With AT&T's new rules, I have to call AT&T every month and add $1 to keep their balance active, otherwise they'll lose the entire balance. Used to be that they could call just once a year and the service date would get extended by a year without adding any money to it. The rules changed January of this year, according to the CSR.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Thanks for the info. Yes, AT&T does seem to want to get rid of the old PayGo customers.

An elderly couple I help has the 10cent/min plan on a backup phone that they don't use much. The balance has accumulated to over $150.

With AT&T's new rules, I have to call AT&T every month and add $1 to keep their balance active, otherwise they'll lose the entire balance. Used to be that they could call just once a year and the service date would get extended by a year without adding any money to it. The rules changed January of this year, according to the CSR.
    I just called AT&T yesterday and made the discovery, but the CSR told me different information. I was calling to extend my expiration date, and he told me that they could no longer do that as of about seven months ago. He also told me that new customers could no longer get the 10 cent, or 25 cent prepaid rate, or the $2 per day plan. He said that the only plan that is offered anymore is the per month plan. So I'm surprised to see that someone was told that the $0.25 plan had gone up to $0.35, and the $2 plan had gone up to $3.

I also asked if AT&T had any plans to end service for people like me who still have the .10/min. rate, and he said no.