Thread: need t-mobile SIM for ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Pixi Charm A450TL

Feedback Score

need t-mobile SIM for ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Pixi Charm A450TL

I have a 2015? but new Tracfone ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Pixi Charm A450TL that I'm trying to activate.
    The included sim number starts with 890126 but the website gives me an error because apparently the original never activated sim has expired. I had already tried using a BYOD sim but I only have att & verizon ones and the phone rejected all of them. I chatted with tracfone and they won't send me a new sim but said I should buy one? I bought a kit with all three companies for .99 from Amazon. As the original sim started with 890126 I tried the t-mobile one from Amazon but the phone rejected that one too. The one in the pack of three for t-mobile starts with 890124 which apparently is the new numbering format?
    So my question is are all the sim kits I can purchase now for t-mobile gonna start with 890124?
    Do some of the BYOD sims available for t-mobile still start with 890126?

Does anyone have a un-used t-mobile sim that hasn't expired but starts with 890126 that they'll send me?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by tjones262; 08-13-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjones262 View Post
    I have an 2015? but new Tracfone ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Pixi Charm A450TL that I'm trying to activate.
    Humm... I think you need to figure out if that phone is VoLTE capable or not. Judging by the model number, that seems to be a T-Mobile only device. 2015-2016 is about the starting time where phones sold were VoLTE capable. I did a quick google and not much matches for A450TL & VoLTE.

Check the IMEI against the mint or T-Mobile BYOD checker. I have a feeling it might not be VoLTE capable.

https://www.mintmobile.com/byop/
    https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/b...e#imeiextender

If it is VoLTE capable, you might need to get the CSR to re-marry the new T-Mobile sim to the phone. You might have a hard time finding finding the triple SIM kits because Tracfone is removing them, and trying to force everyone to the Verizon network.

*edit* Just checked the kits I purchased at the beginning of the year, the T-Mobile sims are 8901240

Feedback Score
    Yeah I checked that already . There is a "voice over LTE" checkbox in settings so I'm assuming that's VoLTE. I figured the website would allow or deny it once I got a valid sim for the phone. I also figured the CSR might have to re-marry the new sim but I need to get one the handset itself accepts.
    The A450TL does not seem to be on the ATT list but I suppose Tracfone website would tell me in the end. When I tried to activate a BYOD sim with a perfectly working non volte phone the website would not even accept the IMEI number during activation.
    Btw I edited my newly purchased sim number in the OP - mine also starts with 8901240

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I have a TracFone Alcatel Pixi Unite phone that was running on TracFone AT&T in about 2017 and I let it expire. I later went to try to reactivate it because it ran on AT&T and I was told by the CSR that they can no longer activate that phone on their Network.

It may be because it runs on AT&T not Verizon.

It was a tiny little 4-in phone but it did every basic thing. it would probably be too slow and laggy for current use because of the 8 GB storage space, much of which would be taken up by the operating system and any applications that are preloaded. I think it was running on Android OS Marshmallow.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I recently ordered TF SIM from Ebay for $1, and they send me kit with all 3 SIMs - ATT, VZW and TMobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtfster View Post
    I recently ordered TF SIM from Ebay for $1, and they send me kit with all 3 SIMs - ATT, VZW and TMobile.
    Maybe it;s a different kit than I got from Amazon? What are the first six digits of the t-mobile sim you got?
    Please check if it's 890126 If it is then please tell me the ebay seller name you got it from.
    Thanks.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have two BYOP TF/T-mo SIMs with prefix 890126 from kits bought at Best Buy. One has exp date 10/30/22, one has 1/31/23. PM me your mailing address and I'll mail them to you, no charge.

Feedback Score
    Maybe it;s a different kit than I got from Amazon? What are the first six digits of the t-mobile sim you got?
    Please check if it's 890126 If it is then please tell me the ebay seller name you got it from.
    Thanks.
    I have some cards from end of 2020 and 2021 that have x26. Then the more recent ones are x24. The difference is the packaging for the x24 says 4GLTE and 5g compatible in left hand corner, where as the older ones are only 4GLTE.

Normally the sims are backwards compatible, where newer upgraded sims will work in older phones. I would double check the sim card is clean (no oily fingerprints) and inserted snuggly. Sometimes the contacts may need surface cleaning, esp when unused for many years. So the process of removing and reinserting can help establish proper contact with the pins. Rebooting the phone might also help.

Also what does not work mean? Do you get an error message, like invalid sim? The tmobile sims are not linked to the IMEI of the phones like Verizon, so using any active byop sim should work in the phone, though I am not sure whether or how TF branded phones linked them. If you have no interest in unlocking, you could just activate a different tmo byob and try. I think unactivated sims can cause an error message in tmobile phones, but the message is usually different than for a non-tmo/incompatible sim.

Feedback Score
    You can buy tmobile based tracfone sim from their website:

https://www.tracfone.com/kyop/simcar...m-kit--tmobile

I got mine last week and it worked out. I had few previous one from 3 in 1 kit which expired and no longer works but this newer one purchased from their website worked out without any hiccup.
    By the way, mine starts with 890124022 and they have expiry of I guess 2024.

Is that what you were looking for?

Feedback Score
    Yeah the sims I tried were clean and unused. The phone won't take the tmobile sim I have that starts 890124 It says the sim is locked. It's the same msg I get when I put any other sim in besides the original new activated sim.
    I thought I had solve my problem when I found a BYOD tmobile sim that started with 890126 but when I tried the activation on tracfone's website I got a msg saying the sim is in an invalid state. When I looked again I realized the sim was actually a Net10 BYOD sim. The card I got the sim rom doesn't show a expire date but I got it back in 2016 I think. So the invalid msg is either because it's a net10 sim OR because it's expired. The phone itself was happy with it though because it starts with the proper 890126 that it wants/needs.
    I ordered a few more tracfone sim kits off ebay for .99 cents. Maybe they'll send me old stock that still uses the 890126 but haven't expired yet. If that fails I'll give up

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't give up. If the x24 sim was from Amazon, you might have gotten a bad/unregistered sim. It happened to me once, where 1 of 2 sets didn't work and they shipped me a new one. Tmobile sims have expiration dates within 2-3 years, so your 2016 sim is definitely expired. If the ebay seller is tracfone, you likely will get the newer pack, or beware maybe Verizon only packs. If you have a target nearby, they are still selling 3 pack sims. Otherwise I also don't need the x26 sims, so you have options.

Feedback Score
    no, the sim I got from Amazon WAS accepted by the Tracfone website but the phone itself won't accept it because of the x24 in the new sims.
    I'll wait and see what I get from the two ebay packs I ordered. It's not a total waste to get them as I may end up using them sometime in the future.
    btw all... I actually got a PM from Tracfone Alex bot but it was a clueless as always as he never offers any actual help.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.
    SIM starts with 890124, and seller was Tf itself ([email protected])