Thread: Visible Plans Changing; No Party Pay On New Plans

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score

Visible Plans Changing; No Party Pay On New Plans

https://www.visible.com/plans/

Old plans with Party Pay should be grandfathered, I think.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Looks like that party is over . . . . .

Wonder if the premium experience gives better priority? Verizon has become terrible in metro DC on Red Pocket the last few months. I can only imagine how bad Visible would be here?

Finally got tired of carrying around my Tracfone ATT phone just so I could load web pages. Switched the daily driver to Red Pocket GSMA & it is light years better.

MVNO's on T-Mobile are almost as bad as Verizon here as well.

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    It sounds like they're also doing away with their own core (requiring SIM changes for the new plans), which I'm hoping should help with latency. I'm almost wondering if this is their "Cricket green SIM/white SIM" moment when Cricket migrated away from proxy servers in 2017.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

regarding party pay - https://www.visible.com/legal/supplemental-terms/

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

Visible CS told a Redditor that grandfathering ends 1/1/23. https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/com...ew_plans_more/
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Visible CS told a Redditor that grandfathering ends 1/1/23. https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/com...ew_plans_more/
    It sure would be nice if Visible included that relevant info at https://www.visible.com/legal/supplemental-terms/ about Party Pay being gone completely for everyone after 1/1/23! Of course, that's assuming the agent was even correct about that...

Feedback Score
    Boy, there are some massive party plans out there in the wild. I can't imagine it is going to be pleasant telling all those people they now have to move to a regular Visible plan for $5 a month. Has anyone tried the new Visible+ and are you seeing better priority in busy areas?

Feedback Score
    Visible used to have the "try Visible for $5 for one month with referral" thing - is that gone now?

I looked at their website. It's funny how they're trying to put a positive spin on raising their prices by saying that's what their customers told them they wanted! "Less hoops to jump through" or some such similar excuse!

They still have the swap program, but I didn't see the $5 trial month feature.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Visible used to have the "try Visible for $5 for one month with referral" thing - is that gone now?

I looked at their website. It's funny how they're trying to put a positive spin on raising their prices by saying that's what their customers told them they wanted! "Less hoops to jump through" or some such similar excuse!

They still have the swap program, but I didn't see the $5 trial month feature.
    $5 trial still up - https://www.visible.com/future

Feedback Score
    Just tried Chat I was #43 before I bounced. Wow!
    So far all my questions are answered.

Just chatted. CSR said at some time in the future (they didn't know when) $25 Party Pay members will be forced to change to 1 of the 2 new plans. But Referrals will continue to earn a $20 discount per Referral. 12 Referrals max at a time.

"We cut costs not corners to bring you unlimited data, talk, text and hotspot for $30/mo, all-in. For a few bucks more, Visible+ gives you 5G Ultra Wideband, an even more premium network experience, and global reach."

"Important changes to Party Pay
    On 10/18/22, we'll be locking in existing party pay user discounts and closing Party Pay to new members. Don't worry, until then, you can still join and switch existing Parties to lock in your savings today. Have questions? Get answers at our FAQ"
    Last edited by zapjb; 08-17-2022 at 09:06 PM.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket Wireless, AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Apparently, the new visible plans will work in the Verizon LRA areas according to visible on Twitter and on their map. When I punch the zip code of 41339 it shows Extended network. Before this, my post-paid Verizon account would work in this area as an extended network. But visible wouldn’t.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  56.6 KB
    Last edited by jtbky; 08-18-2022 at 08:00 AM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Looks like that party is over . . . . .

Wonder if the premium experience gives better priority? Verizon has become terrible in metro DC on Red Pocket the last few months. I can only imagine how bad Visible would be here?

Finally got tired of carrying around my Tracfone ATT phone just so I could load web pages. Switched the daily driver to Red Pocket GSMA & it is light years better.

MVNO's on T-Mobile are almost as bad as Verizon here as well.
    Verizon is still great with Verizon Prepaid, here in the DC area. EVerything still loads super fast. I can still get 200Mb/s download speeds in some areas, 100Mb/s speeds in most, and 50Mb/s speeds in some areas. My experience is still identical to when I had Verizon Post paid, several years ago. And I save money by getting my refill pins at 14.5% off at Target, when they have sales.(10% off plus another 5% off with the Target Red Card works out to 14.5% off the total price of the refill pin)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    Verizon is still great with Verizon Prepaid, here in the DC area. EVerything still loads super fast.
    Verizon pre-paid must be getting a lot more priority than MVNO's. I struggle to just load web pages in the Potomac Mills area & other places I frequent. Even here in the swamp can be very slow with a cell site right across the street.

Evidently this post from Reddit doesn't tell the whole story;

QCI 8 is assigned to postpaid plans (other than Start Unlimited), Xfinity Mobile's By The Gig plan, Xfinity Mobile's Unlimited plan (this requires an additional $20 for their HD Pass which also includes 1080p video streaming). Xfinity Mobile also includes HD Pass (which includes priority data) on 5G devices as well as totally unlimited data when using the C-band and mmWave networks. Additionally, US Mobile's Super LTE SIM offers priority data on 5G devices on all plans.

QCI 9 goes to literally everything else. Verizon's Start Unlimited plan, branded prepaid, Visible, US Mobile Super LTE, Mobi, and all of the other prepaid MVNOs that use Verizon's network will be assigned this QCI class. In addition everyone who uses their data bucket is moved to QCI 9 as well so you end up competing with all of Verizon's heavy data users. Verizon's network is spectrum-starved in many areas so its not unusual to see complaints about Verizon's policies here.

Attachment 171947
    Last edited by Digital Rules; 08-18-2022 at 02:16 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Verizon pre-paid must be getting a lot more priority than MVNO's. I struggle to just load web pages in the Potomac Mills area & other places I frequent. Even here in the swamp can be very slow with a cell site right across the street.

Evidently this post from Reddit doesn't tell the whole story;

QCI 8 is assigned to postpaid plans (other than Start Unlimited), Xfinity Mobile's By The Gig plan, Xfinity Mobile's Unlimited plan (this requires an additional $20 for their HD Pass which also includes 1080p video streaming). Xfinity Mobile also includes HD Pass (which includes priority data) on 5G devices as well as totally unlimited data when using the C-band and mmWave networks. Additionally, US Mobile's Super LTE SIM offers priority data on 5G devices on all plans.

QCI 9 goes to literally everything else. Verizon's Start Unlimited plan, branded prepaid, Visible, US Mobile Super LTE, Mobi, and all of the other prepaid MVNOs that use Verizon's network will be assigned this QCI class. In addition everyone who uses their data bucket is moved to QCI 9 as well so you end up competing with all of Verizon's heavy data users. Verizon's network is spectrum-starved in many areas so its not unusual to see complaints about Verizon's policies here.
    I'm at the Pot Mills area regularly, since I live a couple of miles away from there. The only issues I've had there was at the Old Gander Mountain site. When they had it setup for COVID vaccinations. There were hundreds of people in that location for their vaccinations and data speeds slowed to a crawl. But other than those two times I was there for my first two vaccinations, I have not run into any issues.

I'm at Costco once or twice a week there. And at the AMC theaters one to three times a week. Plus I'm driving through that area a few times a week as well.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    These are the speeds I was seeing at Costco last Saturday and the store was not as busy as usual. I walked across the street to Kaiser and it wasn't much better.Name:  Screenshot_20220818-151131~2.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  22.4 KB

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast