Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Visible Plans Changing; No Party Pay On New Plans

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    These are the speeds I was seeing at Costco last Saturday and the store was not as busy as usual. I walked across the street to Kaiser and it wasn't much better.Attachment 171948

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Wow!! That is terrible!
    I'll need to do some speed tests when I go to Costco tomorrow night. I haven't done any there in awhile. But, when I'm shopping or getting gas, I've been able to use my phone like normal. No screens were making me wait.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    I'll need to do some speed tests when I go to Costco tomorrow night.
    Don't forget the pizza

Feedback Score
    Verizon pre-paid must be getting a lot more priority than MVNO's. I struggle to just load web pages in the Potomac Mills area & other places I frequent. Even here in the swamp can be very slow with a cell site right across the street.

Evidently this post from Reddit doesn't tell the whole story;

QCI 8 is assigned to postpaid plans (other than Start Unlimited), Xfinity Mobile's By The Gig plan, Xfinity Mobile's Unlimited plan (this requires an additional $20 for their HD Pass which also includes 1080p video streaming). Xfinity Mobile also includes HD Pass (which includes priority data) on 5G devices as well as totally unlimited data when using the C-band and mmWave networks. Additionally, US Mobile's Super LTE SIM offers priority data on 5G devices on all plans.

QCI 9 goes to literally everything else. Verizon's Start Unlimited plan, branded prepaid, Visible, US Mobile Super LTE, Mobi, and all of the other prepaid MVNOs that use Verizon's network will be assigned this QCI class. In addition everyone who uses their data bucket is moved to QCI 9 as well so you end up competing with all of Verizon's heavy data users. Verizon's network is spectrum-starved in many areas so its not unusual to see complaints about Verizon's policies here.

Attachment 171947
    Why would Xfinity get QCI 8 and not Spectrum?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    It sounds like they're also doing away with their own core (requiring SIM changes for the new plans), which I'm hoping should help with latency. I'm almost wondering if this is their "Cricket green SIM/white SIM" moment when Cricket migrated away from proxy servers in 2017.
    If they no longer require SIM changes how come phones models are still limited. Shouldn't ANY Verizon phone work now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If they no longer require SIM changes how come phones models are still limited. Shouldn't ANY Verizon phone work now?
    What do you mean by "SIM changes"?
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    They're requiring you to move to a new SIM on the new plans—it may still be a custom, Visible-specific configuration rather than a rebranded Verizon SIM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow!! That is terrible!
    I'll need to do some speed tests when I go to Costco tomorrow night. I haven't done any there in awhile. But, when I'm shopping or getting gas, I've been able to use my phone like normal. No screens were making me wait.
    While driving through DC (I-270 to I-495 to I-95) last Tuesday, I had to switch to my AT&T line for data because Google Maps wouldn't update as I drove. It started around Rockville and didn't get any better by the time I got to Tyson's Corner, so that is when I had my passenger switch it for me. First time I've ever seen that happen on Visible in that area.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    While driving through DC (I-270 to I-495 to I-95) last Tuesday, I had to switch to my AT&T line for data because Google Maps wouldn't update as I drove.
    Congestion seems to have gotten progressively worse since the Tracfone aquisition.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was about to switch back to Verizon's Play More plan and just saw these updates. Unless I am missing something, aside from the perks of Play More, there seems to be no real difference now between that plan and the new Visible+ plan? I also have the $5 off PayPal discount applied, so $40 all in for 50gb premium data seems like a hell of a deal? I don't need fast mobile hotspot speed, so 5Mbps is OK. Seems too good to be true, am I missing something or is this new plan just a great deal?

Feedback Score
    Verizon is still great with Verizon Prepaid, here in the DC area. EVerything still loads super fast. I can still get 200Mb/s download speeds in some areas, 100Mb/s speeds in most, and 50Mb/s speeds in some areas.
    TotalWireless (Tracfone, now owned by Verizon Wireless) works great in DC area too. My daughter goes to college there and I am visiting often - we are on the same 4 lines plan.
    These are the speeds I was seeing at Costco last Saturday and the store was not as busy as usual. I walked across the street to Kaiser and it wasn't much better.
    One day my daughter (living in DC area, at college) asked me if I have data on my phone (living in SE VA), and I had. She tried everything and nothing worked, but one hour later, the data started working again by itself.
    There are upgrades to network maybe, that temporarily create congestion? IDK.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    They're requiring you to move to a new SIM on the new plans—it may still be a custom, Visible-specific configuration rather than a rebranded Verizon SIM.
    If they are using Verizon's core now a Verizon branded phone should still work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    $5 trial still up - https://www.visible.com/future
    No it's not

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    One day my daughter (living in DC area, at college) asked me if I have data on my phone (living in SE VA), and I had. She tried everything and nothing worked, but one hour later, the data started working again by itself.
    There are upgrades to network maybe, that temporarily create congestion? IDK.
    Thinking it's more of an MVNO thing & Red Pocket CDMA seems to be de-prioritized more than other MVNO's.

Curious to see how the new lower priced Visible plan fares in congested areas.

Feedback Score
    Thinking it's more of an MVNO thing & Red Pocket CDMA seems to be de-prioritized more than other MVNO's.

Curious to see how the new lower priced Visible plan fares in congested areas.
    The cheaper plan is still QCI 9. The $45 plan is QCI 8 for the first 50 GB

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious to see how this new $45 plan works. Being able to add an apple watch for an additional $5 or so sounds good.

I've resisted going postpaid, that adds quite a bit to the cost.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current phone I carry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast