Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: TracFone TCL Flip 2 w/ 1year $19.99 on eBay

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Funny how my TCl makes it back to TF as Return to Sender in just about 36 hrs after being found and refunded when it took nearly 10 days to find in the 1st place.

Perhaps one of you who have been waiting for it to ship may get the returned phone.

Name:  UPS-TF.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  37.3 KB

Feedback Score
    I got several of these when they were on sale. My plan is to harvest the balance + service dates for an existing phone. I have done this many times, always using chat. But I have not activated a flip phone since BYOD first came out, and last year I got burned for $40 with a 1-year-3G sim card that turned out to have no balance. So I'm looking for advice to make sure I do this correctly.

I plan to combine the balance+service dates of TWO TCL flip with a TF-branded moto E, like this:

(1) use chat to get a record of existing balance + service date of moto E

(2) activate the first TCL bundle and move to it the phone number + balance + service of moto E

(3) wait a few days, activate the second TCL bundle and move to it the phone number + balance + service dates of the first TCL flip

(4) wait a few days, move everything back to moto E

In the past, after activating a bundle often the balance & service dates do not immediate show up and I was told to wait for 24h. But sometimes it does not show up at all, as is the case of the wasted $40 sim card. I'm still mad about this and wait to avoid a repeat. Also, instead of going for the first TCL bundle, should I move from the first --> moto E --> second bundle?

MANY THANKS!

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SaOn View Post
    last year I got burned for $40 with a 1-year-3G sim card that turned out to have no balance.
    Sometimes people got an Ebay bundled SIM that wasn't preloaded, but so far nobody has run into that problem with the TCL bundle.

I plan to combine the balance+service dates of TWO TCL flip with a TF-branded moto E, like this:

[snipped]
    Those 4 steps are the correct sequence.

Also, instead of going for the first TCL bundle, should I move from the first --> moto E --> second bundle?
    That sequence doesn't make sense. You can't move from the 1st TL bundle to the Moto E because the Moto E is already active.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SaOn View Post
    I got several of these when they were on sale. My plan is to harvest the balance + service dates for an existing phone. I have done this many times, always using chat. But I have not activated a flip phone since BYOD first came out, and last year I got burned for $40 with a 1-year-3G sim card that turned out to have no balance. So I'm looking for advice to make sure I do this correctly.

(1) use chat to get a record of existing balance + service date of moto E

(2) activate the first TCL bundle and move to it the phone number + balance + service of moto E

(3) wait a few days, activate the second TCL bundle and move to it the phone number + balance + service dates of the first TCL flip

(4) wait a few days, move everything back to moto E

In the past, after activating a bundle often the balance & service dates do not immediate show up and I was told to wait for 24h. But sometimes it does not show up at all, as is the case of the wasted $40 sim card. I'm still mad about this and wait to avoid a repeat. Also, instead of going for the first TCL bundle, should I move from the first --> moto E --> second bundle?

MANY THANKS!
    If you have more than 61 days of service left on the moto E, maybe consider to take advantage of the current add-a-line 10K promotion.
    Use chat to add both TCL Flip bundles to your account for 20K bonus points. Wait 61 days for points to vest, unlock the phones and chat with an agent to combine 1st TCL to moto E. Chat again the next day to combine 2nd TCL to moto E. Your moto E will have all the balance from 2 TCLs and you get 20K points. You can redeem them for $300 off phone discount, more data/minutes/text, or service extension (2+ years). See mini guide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by openupyoureyes View Post
    Also, one other question, since the 10k new line promotion has been extended through the end of the year it looks like, since I haven't activated the 2nd device yet, could I remove it now and add it again towards the end of the year so the service time isn't used up in the meantime and will extend longer later on? I just don't know if since it's been added and the 10k points are pending if that's a one time deal, or if it could be "cancelled" or removed and done again as long as I haven't activated the device yet. Any and all info and assistance is much appreciated in advance.

I have the same question. I didn't realize there is this new rule that I need to activate within 30 days of adding phone to my account.

I have an iPhone XR that I bought and it automatically was added to my account with 10k pending points when it shipped.

It's been over 30 days and I haven't activated it yet. Does anyone know if I can delink this from my account and readd it to restart the 10k points 30 day clock?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33b13 View Post
    I have the same question. I didn't realize there is this new rule that I need to activate within 30 days of adding phone to my account.
    Actually, the rule that sillyette mentioned in one of her posts is "Add the line/device to your account within 30 days of activation".

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    From the Add-a-line page:

Attachment 172447

Rules:

* Member must activate a new line and add it to their account within 30 days of activation. For points to become available to use, the new line must remain active for 60 days after adding it to the account.

* Awarded points will take 60 days to process. Existing line(s) and new line(s) must be active for pending points to become available.

* The account holder can add up to 4 lines to their account to receive bonus points.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Actually, the rule that sillyette mentioned in one of her posts is "Add the line/device to your account within 30 days of activation".
    Yes, Tracfone's legal department seems to have had a field day with the add-a-line promo. Lots of fine print! Here's the thread with all the gory details!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Does that mean I might be okay since the line was added before the 30 days of activation?

This thread https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1926672-Add-a-Line-Rules-copy-pasted-from-TF-s-promo-email made it sound like activation needed to happen 30 days after adding the line to the account.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Does that mean I might be okay since the line was added before the 30 days of activation?
    I think you'll be OK.

Feedback Score
    So how does it work if you add the line first via chat and the 10,000 points are pending, then you need to activate within 30 days to get the 10k points eventually? Do you need to wait 61 days after activation or 61 days after the line was added for the points to be credited?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by openupyoureyes View Post
    Do you need to wait 61 days after activation or 61 days after the line was added for the points to be credited?
    There are a few experiments going on right now to see when the 61-day clock starts, when the line was added or when it was activated? I think we'll know the results in a few weeks.

Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone XR that I bought and it automatically was added to my account with 10k pending points when it shipped.
    It's been over 30 days and I haven't activated it yet.
    It could be just me, but I have to admit that I am confused about whether or not fr33b13's activation and added-to-account happened within 30 days of each other.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    It could be just me, but I have to admit that I am confused about whether or not fr33b13's activation and added-to-account happened within 30 days of each other.
    Well, there's no rule that say activation and added to account must be within 30 days of each other. If you follow the EXACT rule which says "Member must activate a new line and add it to their account within 30 days of activation", then it means you have to activate the line first, then within 30 days add it to your account. HOWEVER, nowadays, there's no option to activate a device without adding it to your account, so the rule is meaningless.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Phone was added to my account the day they shipped, which was over 30 days ago. I am now activating the phone 30+ days after it was added to my account with a pending 10k bonus (I think I'm on day 38 or 39).

I am hoping @hpham is correct and I will not have any issues getting my points.

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast