Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: TracFone TCL Flip 2 w/ 1year $19.99 on eBay

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene44 View Post
    Got mine today too, activated but didn't get AAL points pending!!! Tried chat and they scheduled rewards callback. My wife took it because I have hearing problems that limit who I talk to. The thick accent told her "have to wait 60 days for rewards". Grrrrrr..... Will try tomorrow.
    Don`t listen to ill-informed TF CSR. You can wait 60 days or longer and you will not ever see the points. If you want the points you need to call the corporate line others gave you. The sooner you get the 10,000 days added to your account the sooner the 60-day countdown will begin.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is mostly unrelated but hpham mentioned the AMEX promo for eBay. I missed it before I ordered my phones but added it anyway. I needed a serpentine belt for one of our cars and the Toyota dealers on eBay always have a good price. Ordered it and got the email from AMEX saying I redeemed my offer. So.. thanks!

To keep this more on topic, I don’t know why but I had a friend order two more of these $19.99 bundles for me before they went out of stock. They were delivered to him yesterday. I still have two unactivated in the box! He asked what I’m doing with these cheapo phones. But only after he ordered them for me. I’m lucky and I have a lot of people who will order whatever I need if I hit the max limit or in this case, I thought TF would limit you to two so to be safe I had him order the other two. Some of my relatives just give me their credit card # and tell me to do what I need with it.. they know the drill! (And have often times benefited from my deals)

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro (T-Mobile & AT&T); Galaxy Z Flip4 (Verizon)
    Mobile Broadband: Franklin T10 LTE hotspot (5GB for $8.50) / iPad mini 6 5G (unlimited 5G data)

Feedback Score
    I ordered a flip on 9/17 it arrived on 9/23. Gonna wait to activate until my current pending points vest.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    I ordered a flip on 9/17 it arrived on 9/23. Gonna wait to activate until my current pending points vest.
    May I ask the reason for waiting?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    ...I don’t know why but I had a friend order two more of these $19.99 bundles for me before they went out of stock...
    LOL. I have too much tech. I can relate.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    So as not to be tied down for 60 days. The phones that are in the account when the new phone is activated must remain there untouched until that "new" phone`s points vest at 60 days. If you add more phones, each phone adds to the 60 days you can do nothing.

Consider if this applied to your refrigerator.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I've got 5 lines in that account, going to merge a couple after my existing points vest.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Mine arrived today. Got to Cedar Rapids, Iowa at 4:43 A.M. this morning and, somehow, made it to my door in Boise (area) Idaho at 5:12 P.M. There was "mechanical delay" and I figured for sure it wouldn't get here until Monday.

Now that it's here, I've got a couple questions. To get the year plan (the receipt shows that I have it), do I just activate it or do I need to do something else? Second, I set up for an account in my name for my father. I just got an email from Tracfone a couple days ago saying that, if I activate a new phone on that account by 9/30, I'll get 10,000 points. So, I assume that's the way to go. I'm not even sure what points equate to. But I'm guessing I can use them towards renewing my father's phone?

Sorry for dumb questions. Never was much for coupons and "points," but I guess it would make sense to use it.
    Pixel 3a on Tello — Alcatel Go Flip 3 on Tello — AGM M7 on Hello Mobile — iPhone SE on FreedomPop — TCL Flip 2 on Tracfone

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    1. To get the year plan (the receipt shows that I have it), do I just activate it or do I need to do something else?

2. I set up for an account in my name for my father. I just got an email from Tracfone a couple days ago saying that, if I activate a new phone on that account by 9/30, I'll get 10,000 points. So, I assume that's the way to go. I'm not even sure what points equate to. But I'm guessing I can use them towards renewing my father's phone?
    1. The bundled units/days are preloaded to the phone's SIM. Just activate the phone and they will be there.

2. You can redeem points (basically 1 point = 1 cent) for time cards and apply the cards to the phone(s) in your account, no fees/taxes.

If you have a lot of points accumulated, you can redeem the points for discount codes to buy phones on TF web site. Here are the rates:
    * 6000 pts = $50 code
    * 11000 pts = $100 code
    * 14000 pts = $150 code
    * 17000 pts = $200 code
    * 20000 pts = $300 code (big jump in rate)

Normally, a new line gets 7000 pts so we usually recommend that you sign up for Rewards (go to TF web site, log into the new account, click on Rewards, follow instructions) with a referral code from someone in the highest tier to get 8000 pts. But during the September promotion a new line gets 10K points, so don't sign up with a referral code (you can't double-dip to get both the new line points and the referral points using the same line).

Feedback Score
    To get the year plan (the receipt shows that I have it), do I just activate it or do I need to do something else? Second, I set up for an account in my name for my father. I just got an email from Tracfone a couple days ago saying that, if I activate a new phone on that account by 9/30, I'll get 10,000 points. So, I assume that's the way to go. I'm not even sure what points equate to. But I'm guessing I can use them towards renewing my father's phone?
    If you want to set up a new account, you activate the new device and there will be an option to create one in the process. You then join the rewards program and use a referral to get 8K points.

If you want the AAL 10K points, be sure to use chat to add the new device to your existing account (with an active line).
    mini guide

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    1. The bundled units/days are preloaded to the phone's SIM. Just activate the phone and they will be there.

2. You can redeem points (basically 1 point = 1 cent) for time cards and apply the cards to the phone(s) in your account, no fees/taxes.
    I didn't see the reward points come up yet, but it looks like the phone has to be active for 60 days to receive them. At this point the phone won't let me call or be called — but I guess that means that it's just not fully activated yet? (I'm getting "restricted service" notifications.)

EDIT: The restricted message went away right after after I posted this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8SD View Post
    If you want to set up a new account, you activate the new device and there will be an option to create one in the process. You then join the rewards program and use a referral to get 8K points.

If you want the AAL 10K points, be sure to use chat to add the new device to your existing account (with an active line).
    mini guide
    I didn't activate with chat — should have read a little closer. Apparently the 10,000 points aren't even supposed to come up until after 60 days of activation?

I guess I'll have to chat to ask if the points are added automatically... if I can find it on their webpage.

Thanks to both of you.
    Last edited by rcentros; 09-25-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I didn't activate with chat — should have read a little closer. Apparently the 10,000 points aren't even supposed to come up until after 60 days of activation?

I guess I'll have to chat to ask if the points are added automatically... if I can find it on their webpage.

Thanks to both of you.
    The best way to activate a phone and get the 10k add-a-line (AAL) bonus points (imo) is by using the chat.

The chat is found here: https://www.tracfone.com/support/contact-us

Chat is available 8am-11:45 pm est every day. You may need to resize the chat window to access the green start chat button.

The 10k points are supposed to be added to your account (normally) at activation. They will have a pending status for 60 days and then should hopefully become available (vest) for spending on the 61st day. You need to have added the phone to an existing account that already has at least one active line in it to get AAL. This account needs to be signed up for the rewards program.

If the phone is already activated and there are no pending 10k points in the account, you may need to contact the corporate office and ask them to put the pending points in your account. Some have had success asking a chat rep for a referral to the "loyalty rewards department" (or being offered one) which results in a callback from a rewards rep and hopefully the points added to your account by the rep or agent.

(The corporate office states there is no such dept and it may actually just be the VAS team that handles it)

You can test the phone to make sure it works.. calling, texting and (later) mobile data. Inside the account/my account on the website, after you login and go to Manage Lines and choose the line, it should show that the line has 1200 minutes, 1200 text and 1.17 GB of data and a year of service time.

Be careful when setting up the phone since there is an update called KEEZ that could use your mobile data to make the download. Mobile data is usually on by default. You can turn off mobile data via Shortcuts on right soft button and just let it use Wi-Fi to do the update.

TF corporate office number is 305 640-2000 x1029. The hours are the same as chat.
    Ignore closed message and enter ext when prompted.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This "cooling off period" you hear from TF CSR appears to be the 60 days the points remain in the pending stage.
    The points must be added and showing in your account for the 60 day clock to start.
    If you do not see 10,000 in your account they will not show up on day 60, they leave pending and become available to spend on day 60/61.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    The best way to activate a phone and get the 10k add-a-line (AAL) bonus points (imo) is by using the chat.
    I got hold of Chat this morning and they had technical support call back. It took about 15 minutes to get Bonus Points added, but then (when I logged in) I saw they gave me 7,000 instead of 10,000. Ah well, I'm not going to bother with it anymore. I already feel greedy. For $20 I got a nice phone that can be activated on any of the three major networks in 60 days, a car charger, a regular charger, a power brick, two USB-C cables, a year's worth of activation and enough reward points that I can renew my dad's phone for a year (four 90 day recharges, I already had over a thousand points). I don't see how Tracfone comes out ahead in these deals.

For some reason I can't login using Firefox, so I think that's why the link from my email didn't work when I activated. Not complaining.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    This "cooling off period" you hear from TF CSR appears to be the 60 days the points remain in the pending stage.
    The points must be added and showing in your account for the 60 day clock to start.
    If you do not see 10,000 in your account they will not show up on day 60, they leave pending and become available to spend on day 60/61.
    Thanks. I'm finally figuring it out. As I mentioned in my last post, I ended up with 7,000 instead of 10,000 points (which I guess is the standard) so I'm okay with that. If I buy another Tracfone phone, I'll try to find someone else for a referral, so I can help out someone else.

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast