Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For $40, Get an Unlocked Moto, Two Unlocked Flip Phones, & Phone Service for a Year

Feedback Score

For $40, Get an Unlocked Moto, Two Unlocked Flip Phones, & Phone Service for a Year

That’s right! You can get an unlocked Moto smartphone, two unlocked flip phones – all brand new – plus phone service for a year, for $40+tax. Plus you’ll get great karma, and the eternal gratitude of a starving student (me!). Here’s how:

1. The Moto G Pure phone bundle on HSN is $60. Buy it as a new customer (use an email address you haven’t used for HSN before) and get $20 off with coupon code HSN2022. You’ll pay $40+tax; shipping is free.

2. After activating it, sign up for Tracfone’s rewards program using my referral code to get $80 in the form of 8,000 rewards points. (Not supposed to post referral codes on the forum, so please PM me for my code).

3. On the 61st day, your Moto gets unlocked. Unlocking has been working very reliably. The Moto G Pure is on AT&T’s whitelist, has the bands for Tmobile, and is natively on Verizon, so you get an unlocked phone that can be used on all 3 carriers. Also on the 61st day, your rewards points become Available for use. Redeem 6,000 points for a phone coupon worth $50.

4. Buy two TCL Flip2 phones at $20 each. You’ll get both phones for free when you use the $50 phone rewards coupon; shipping is free.

5. Transfer your service from the Moto to the first flip phone. After 61 days of service, the flip phone gets unlocked. Once it is unlocked, transfer service to the second flip phone. After 61 days of service, the second flip phone also gets unlocked. The TCL Flip2 is on AT&T’s whitelist, has the bands for Tmobile, and is natively on Verizon, so you get two more unlocked (flip) phones that can be used on all 3 carriers.

That’s it! In about 6 months total, you will have an unlocked Moto G Pure, 2 unlocked flip phones, 6 more months of service remaining, great karma, plus my eternal gratitude for using my referral code – all for $40+tax!!

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Sillyette, I see a future in marketing and sales for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Sillyette, I see a future in marketing and sales for you.
    OMG, thank you!
    That is what the career counselors told me too! Marketing plus math is what they suggested.

Feedback Score
    What does transferring service entail? Just swapping the Sim card, or do you have to contact support? How do you know when the phones unlock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    What does transferring service entail? Just swapping the Sim card, or do you have to contact support?
    Do NOT sim-swap!!
    Transferring service is DIY, through your account. You don't have to contact Customer Service.

Login to your account -- Activate -- New Phone from Tracfone -- Keep phone number -- Select Moto's phone number from the drop down list -- Enter Flip phone IMEI.

That's it! Service will be transferred from the Moto to the flip phone.

How do you know when the phones unlock?
    Phones unlock on the 61st day. You'll go to https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/ and follow the instructions. Unlocking has been working very reliably.

The phone has to be used *with its native sim* for 60 days in order to be unlocked. That's another reason you shouldn't sim-swap on TF.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    HSN can recognize your email address, your mailing address, and your CC number, so all of those need to be new in order to use the new customer code.

And the referral code only works if you haven't already signed up for Tracfone Rewards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    HSN can recognize your email address, ...

And the referral code only works if you haven't already signed up for Tracfone Rewards.
    For both of the above, "GMail dot trick" to the rescue!

"Using the Gmail dot trick to generate multiple email addresses is as easy as adding a dot anywhere in a Gmail address before the @ sign. All the emails will go to your original Gmail address. For example, if your Gmail is [email protected], you can use [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc."

Oh, and Tracfone doesn't like email addresses containing a hyphen or an underscore. Also doesn't like emails beginning with a number.

Feedback Score
    Decided to do this and get a Tracfone iPhone XR to unlock. I'll definitely sign up with your referral code if you can send it to me.

Feedback Score
    Decided to do this and get a Tracfone iPhone XR to unlock. I'll definitely sign up with your referral code if you can send it to me.
    Thank you! I'll be thrilled to send my referral code of course, but please PM me when you're ready to use it. Reason being -- Tracfone has started changing the referral code periodically, so if you PM me sometime before you're ready to use it, I can PM back my most current code to you.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by sillyette; 09-02-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020), iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AirTalk(T), Tello(T), SafeLink(T), FreedomPop(S,A,T), Google Fi(T)
    Feedback Score
    Only 32 GB internal storage for moto G PURE per https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_g_pure-11145.php and https://www.motorola.com/us/smartpho...re/p?skuId=648 Moreover, it does not appear will work on Verizon network. Where did you get "natively on Verizon"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    Only 32 GB internal storage for moto G PURE per https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_g_pure-11145.php and https://www.motorola.com/us/smartpho...re/p?skuId=648 Moreover, it does not appear will work on Verizon network. Where did you get "natively on Verizon"?
    I assume because TracFone uses the Verizon network....?

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Only 32 GB internal storage for moto G PURE per https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_g_pure-11145.php and https://www.motorola.com/us/smartpho...re/p?skuId=648 Moreover, it does not appear will work on Verizon network.
    I have an unlocked Moto G Pure, it has bands 2, 4, 5, 13, 66 used by Verizon and works with Visible (Verizon). Further more, all current Tracfone phones are sold with a TF/Verizon SIM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020), iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AirTalk(T), Tello(T), SafeLink(T), FreedomPop(S,A,T), Google Fi(T)
    Feedback Score

Question

Is that meant Verizon network no longer require CDMA?

Feedback Score
    Basically, yes, that's correct.. The old CDMA 3g network will be fully shut down by Verizon at the end of the year.
    At least that's how I understand things.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't know about service directly with Verizon. I've used Visible (Verizon) and am using Tracfone/Verizon. To start service with Visible and TF/Verizon, your phone must be VoLTE capable on the LTE bands that Verizon uses.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast