Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For $40, Get an Unlocked Moto, Two Unlocked Flip Phones, & Phone Service for a Year

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post

2. After activating it, sign up for Tracfone’s rewards program using my referral code to get $80 in the form of 8,000 rewards points. (Not supposed to post referral codes on the forum, so please PM me for my code).
    OP here. Wasn't able to edit the original post so a couple quick tips here.

Tracfone will only give those 8,000 rewards points to *new* customers. So set up a new Tracfone account for the Moto using an email address that you've never used with Tracfone before. (The gmail dot trick comes in handy here).

Join the rewards program and enter the referral code within 14 days of activating the Moto's phone number/account.

During the 61 days that the rewards points are Pending, don't make any changes to your phone number, and don't change your device. Same goes for the 61 days when you are waiting for a device to get unlocked - don't change your phone number, don't change the device.

Also, make a phone call at least once every 6 months, otherwise Tracfone will deactivate service.
    Last edited by sillyette; 09-04-2022 at 01:11 AM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020), iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AirTalk(T), Tello(T), SafeLink(T), FreedomPop(S,A,T), Google Fi(T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't know about service directly with Verizon. I've used Visible (Verizon) and am using Tracfone/Verizon. To start service with Visible and TF/Verizon, your phone must be VoLTE capable on the LTE bands that Verizon uses.
    Almost all my phones are universal phones that are specifically designed for all carriers in the United States. Nevertheless, when I checked compatibility with Visible, all of them are not compatible. Yet, they are compatible with Verizon per Verizon web site. Nevertheless, Visible offered free trade-in, but I will get a refurbished phone with worse specification. I also have checked compatibility for an unlocked Moto G Stylus(2022) with Verizon, the result is negative. I thought it is due to lack of CDMA connection capability.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    Almost all my phones are universal phones that are specifically designed for all carriers in the United States. Nevertheless, when I checked compatibility with Visible, all of them are not compatible. Yet, they are compatible with Verizon per Verizon web site. Nevertheless, Visible offered free trade-in, but I will get a refurbished phone with worse specification. I also have checked compatibility for an unlocked Moto G Stylus(2022) with Verizon, the result is negative. I thought it is due to lack of CDMA connection capability.
    * Visible is kind of picky about which phones work with their network.

* If you are talking about Visible's SWAP program, you get a brand-new phone, not a refurbished phone. I've done 5 swaps with them to get two Moto E6's, two Moto G Pure's, one ZTE Blade, all brand-new. Sure, they're not top-of-the line but they're unlocked and each costs one month of service (usually $25 with new-user discount). You can use them as basic phones or sell them on Ebay.

* Verizon has a whitelist of compatible IMEI's. They usually don't put IMEI's of non-US phones on their whitelist even though they have the proper bands.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, Moto E (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular, Tracfone, TextNow, FreeUP Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    OP here. Wasn't able to edit the original post so a couple quick tips here.

Tracfone will only give those 8,000 rewards points to *new* customers. So set up a new Tracfone account for the Moto using an email address that you've never used with Tracfone before. (The gmail dot trick comes in handy here).
    <snip>
    Alternately Tracfone Rewards is currently offering 10,000 rewards points (and least on my account through the end of the month) for existing customers adding a line to their account.
    Trying to come up with some sort of signature line...

Feedback Score
    Moto G Pure phone bundle on HSN is $60. Buy it as a new customer (use an email address you haven’t used for HSN before) and get $20 off with coupon code HSN2022. You’ll pay $40+tax; shipping is free.
    Ordered the phone on HSN, Not sure if the deal will last much longer, when I looked yesterday, they had burgundy and pink marble and today there was only pink marble left.

Delivery expected 2022-09-19, will update at the next step.

Am going to use the coupon toward another Moto instead of the flip phones and pay the difference.

Thanks for the deal sillyette!

Feedback Score
    If you are new to Tracfone, right now you can get an unlocked flip phone and an unlocked Moto G Pure (both brand new) plus service for a year -- for $30+tax. (Plus great karma and the eternal gratitude of this starving student of course, as outlined in the OP of this thread! )

So for newcomers to Tracfone, follow pretty much the same steps as in the OP.

This time, in step 1, buy the TCL Flip 2 on ebay for $20+tax. It comes with a year of service.

After 61 days, buy the Moto G Pure using your $50 rewards coupon, so you'll spend $10+tax for the Moto.

That's it! $30+tax for an unlocked flip phone and an unlocked Moto G Pure, both of which can be used on all three carriers!

Feedback Score
    Am new to these deals and have a question. Just got my HSN Moto Pure bundle and was expecting there to be an actual airtime card in the box. The emails HSN sent did not get delivered so I wasn't sure it was virtual airtime or a physical card, if physical. mine is missing. Don't need the airtime right away so not a big deal, just want to get it sorted if it was supposed to be in the box.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wumbo View Post
    Am new to these deals and have a question. Just got my HSN Moto Pure bundle and was expecting there to be an actual airtime card in the box. The emails HSN sent did not get delivered so I wasn't sure it was virtual airtime or a physical card, if physical. mine is missing. Don't need the airtime right away so not a big deal, just want to get it sorted if it was supposed to be in the box.
    No, the airtime is tied to the phone.
    There is an instruction card in the box with the packing slip/invoice that tells you how to activate the phone. Save the invoice because you need your HSN order number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    No, the airtime is tied to the phone.
    There is an instruction card in the box with the packing slip/invoice that tells you how to activate the phone. Save the invoice because you need your HSN order number.
    Thanks so much for the quick reply. What is hilarious, in the meantime I called HSN and they stated they'd supposedly send me the missing airtime card. Am waiting a couple weeks to activate so just wanted to be sure my airtime would be fine when I am ready to activate.

Nothing on the receipt or in the materials says anything about the year/1500 minutes, so it took me a while to read all 27 inserts and find the card that says no Service Plan pin is needed.

Feedback Score

This time, in step 1, buy the TCL Flip 2 on ebay for $20+tax. It comes with a year of service.
    This, in itself, is attractive. But if the phone service is tied to the phone, not the SIM, can I later use this with another carrier? Does the phone accept a SIM? If I unlock the phone after the year of Tracfone service, will it then accept a different carrier's SIM? Won't I run into VOLTE/carrier-white-list issues?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    If I unlock the phone after the year of Tracfone service, will it then accept a different carrier's SIM? Won't I run into VOLTE/carrier-white-list issues?
    A phone activated on TF/Verizon with its original SIM after 11/23/2021 (when Verizon bought TF) is eligible for unlocking after only 60 days. Yes, it will then accept a different carrier's SIM. The TCL Flip 2 is on AT&T whitelist and also works with T-mobile.

Feedback Score

For $40, get an unlocked Moto, an unlocked flip phone, plus one year service

Tracfone recently dropped the prices of several of the phones on their website.

If you are new to Tracfone, right now you can get an unlocked flip phone and an unlocked Moto G Pure (both brand new) plus service for a year -- for $40+tax. (Plus great karma and the eternal gratitude of this starving student of course, as outlined in the OP of this thread! )

So for newcomers to Tracfone, follow pretty much the same steps as in this thread's OP.

In the first step, buy the TCL Flip 2 bundle on HSN as a new customer. It comes with a year of service. You will get it for $40+tax using HSN's new customer coupon code HSN2022.

After 61 days, buy the Moto G Pure priced at $50 on Tracfone's website. It will be free with your $50 rewards coupon.

That's it! The rest of the steps are the same. $40+tax for an unlocked flip phone and an unlocked Moto G Pure, both of which can be used on all three carriers!

Feedback Score

For $20, Get an Unlocked Moto, an Unlocked Flip Phone, & Phone Service for a Year

So many great combinations on the same ole formula, Tracfone has got to be like a Hollywood producer's dream!

So right now, you can use the formula to get brand new, unlocked Moto G Pure, unlocked flip phone and service for a year - all for $20, as a new customer to Tracfone.

Just follow the steps in the original post in this thread. In step 1, buy the TCL Flip 2 bundle on HSN. You'll get it for $20 using the new-customer-to-HSN coupon. Comes with 1 year service and 1200 minutes,texts,MB.

Then when your rewards points become available, use the $50 phone coupon to get the Moto G Pure for free.

All for 20 bucks!
    Last edited by sillyette; 10-14-2022 at 05:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    Not letting me edit my previous post, so a note about the HSN Flip 2 bundle --

So looks like the HSN2022 coupon can't be used while buying the bundle because it needs a minimum $40 purchase. (I have this habit of rounding up prices, so I read its price of $39.99 as $40 by habit!)

Using HELLO10 for $10 off instead of HSN2022 will increase the overall price by 10 bucks.

So this particular variation on the Tracfone rewards formula will be $30+tax for an unlocked flip phone, unlocked Moto, and a year of service.

Feedback Score
    I am late to the party on this one...not that I need a phone at the moment - maybe as a backup. Anyway, I clicked the link in the OP for the Moto G Pure but it says the price is now $120. I noticed a similar Samsung Galaxy AO3s bundle listed for $60. Would this same method work for that model? More importantly, though, is the Samsung unlockable for all 3 networks?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast