Thread: New Phone

Feedback Score

New Phone

Hi,

I just got a new unlocked factory refurbished Samsung S20FE (no minutes) along with a Sim Kit.

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S8+. I also have a new Motorola phone that has a 1-year sim card that is not activated yet.

It used to be best to use online Tracfone.com to activate/transfer the service. Then more recently people were saying talk to a rep.

I want to activate the Motorola with the 1-year service and transfer my Galaxy 8+ to the Motorola. Then finally transfer the Motorola w/the Galaxy service to my new S20FE sim card.

Am I thinking correctly? Is this the correct way? Use online or representative? I don't want to lose any time/service.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by norse0223 View Post
    I want to activate the Motorola with the 1-year service and transfer my Galaxy 8+ to the Motorola. Then finally transfer the Motorola w/the Galaxy service to my new S20FE sim card.

Am I thinking correctly? Is this the correct way? Use online or representative? I don't want to lose any time/service.
    That's the correct sequence. If you don't want to lose any time/service, use Chat and let the reps do all the transfers. Activate the Moto with a transfer from your S8+ first. Wait a day or two before transferring from the Moto to the S20FE, that way the transactions will have different DATE stamps. Easier for the reps to sort things out if something went wrong.

Always ask the rep to confirm your balances/days at the beginning of the Chat (say "Can you confirm for me that the balances of my phone xxx-xxx-xxxx is nnnn minutes, nnnn texts, nnnn GB and exp date mm/dd/yyyy ?"). That way it will be in the Chat transcript. Ask for a case number before ending the chat. Copy the transcript from the chat box and paste it to a file on your computer. Do not depend on TF to email you a transcript of the chat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That's the correct sequence. If you don't want to lose any time/service, use Chat and let the reps do all the transfers. Activate the Moto with a transfer from your S8+ first. Wait a day or two before transferring from the Moto to the S20FE, that way the transactions will have different DATE stamps. Easier for the reps to sort things out if something went wrong.

Always ask the rep to confirm your balances/days at the beginning of the Chat (say "Can you confirm for me that the balances of my phone xxx-xxx-xxxx is nnnn minutes, nnnn texts, nnnn GB and exp date mm/dd/yyyy ?"). That way it will be in the Chat transcript. Ask for a case number before ending the chat. Copy the transcript from the chat box and paste it to a file on your computer. Do not depend on TF to email you a transcript of the chat.

Okay, Chat. Thanks for your help.