Thread: Moto G7 power, family link, and forgotten passcode

Feedback Score

Moto G7 power, family link, and forgotten passcode

Have kids they said, It'll be fun they said...

13 yr old was messing with his phone at the drs office today. Apparently the multiple games and YouTube were not entertaining enough for him. So he decided to change his lock screen pattern. Bet you can guess how this ended...

So we factory reset the phone and tried to restore his backup but the backup requires the same pattern that he couldn't remember in the first place! (Seriously google, if I couldn't remember the pattern to unlock the phone, what makes you think I can remember it to restore the backup?)

Any suggestions as to how to fix this or is he learning a very painful lesson?

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to mention that family link is installed on his phone in case there is a loophole through there to bypass the pattern.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kazclark View Post
    Have kids they said, It'll be fun they said...

13 yr old was messing with his phone at the drs office today. Apparently the multiple games and YouTube were not entertaining enough for him. So he decided to change his lock screen pattern. Bet you can guess how this ended...

So we factory reset the phone and tried to restore his backup but the backup requires the same pattern that he couldn't remember in the first place! (Seriously google, if I couldn't remember the pattern to unlock the phone, what makes you think I can remember it to restore the backup?)

Any suggestions as to how to fix this or is he learning a very painful lesson?
    IIRC, if you get the pattern wrong enough times it will ask for the PIN - if you remember that.