Thread: T-Mobile giving away 3 months of unlimited data in iPhone 14 switcher campaign

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile giving away 3 months of unlimited data in iPhone 14 switcher campaign

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    I have a work iPhone that gets Verizon service. So I thought I'd add it just for the heck of it. I had to use a different email address than what I use with my regular T-Mobile account. But once I did that, they had me download the T-Mobile app and it quickly put T-Mobile service on the unused eSIM.

Per the official press release:

"Now with Easy Switch, people can move over to the Un-carrier in as little as five minutes with their current unlocked eSIM-compatible smartphone"

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/networ...t-of-switching

And 5 minutes was about how long it took.

Feedback Score
    This is very tempting. I’ve wondered how good/bad T-Mobile coverage is for rural areas that I occasionally travel. I planned to test a similar Mint Mobile deal in 2020. However, just as I got it set up Covid hit and I pretty much didn’t leave the house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    This is very tempting. I’ve wondered how good/bad T-Mobile coverage is for rural areas that I occasionally travel. I planned to test a similar Mint Mobile deal in 2020. However, just as I got it set up Covid hit and I pretty much didn’t leave the house.
    If you have an iPhone, it's really easy to try. The good thing is that you can set your data to T-mobile to check out the data speed and coverage while leaving your calls and texts on your current number.

Feedback Score
    Apparently people in Tennessee can't sign up for this for some reason

Feedback Score
    Well, it keeps saying invalid address. I’m not in Tennessee. I am using my street address. Not sure what the solution is.

Feedback Score
    Perhaps they're looking it up in the postal database and need to see an exact match. I actually entered my work address because my home address in on my T-Mobile line.

It doesn't do any confirmation on the mailing address. So perhaps one could try another address and see if it takes.

Feedback Score
    It still wouldn't be worth it to downgrade to an iPhone.

Feedback Score
    I am trying to figure out if this can be used to get internet on my computer (phone as a hotspot or something like that). I think I read somewhere that it cannot, but now I can't find it again. Does anyone know if the data can be used in that way or if it is only good on the phone? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    The terms say “not for tethering”. Also, not for international use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    I am trying to figure out if this can be used to get internet on my computer (phone as a hotspot or something like that). I think I read somewhere that it cannot, but now I can't find it again. Does anyone know if the data can be used in that way or if it is only good on the phone? Thanks!
    I have used it as a hotspot. I've used 11.5 GB so far and most of that was used as a hotspot to stream a connected Apple TV. No word if they'll throttle the hotspot after a certain limit...