Thread: $60 Annual Unlimited Talk & Text Plan?

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score

$60 Annual Unlimited Talk & Text Plan?

I've got an AGM M7 phone with dual SIM (fantastic speaker). Works well with (currently) Hello Mobile, but I might move it to Tello for its HotSpot feature (included, not $15 a month extra they charge at Hello). I'm fine with T-Mobile prepaid in town. But, on the road, it has limited coverage so I'm looking at the $60 annual Unlimited Talk & Text plan from H2O Wireless for AT&T on the second SIM. Is H2O reliable? I'm not really concerned about support as I won't be using data, just talk and text and it should just be "plug and play."

Thanks for any comments or advice.
    Google Pixel 2 on Twigby — Alcatel Go Flip 3 on Tello — AGM M7 on Hello Mobile & H2O Wireless (for now)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    I've got an AGM M7 phone with dual SIM (fantastic speaker). Works well with (currently) Hello Mobile, but I might move it to Tello for its HotSpot feature (included, not $15 a month extra they charge at Hello). I'm fine with T-Mobile prepaid in town. But, on the road, it has limited coverage so I'm looking at the $60 annual Unlimited Talk & Text plan from H2O Wireless for AT&T on the second SIM. Is H2O reliable? I'm not really concerned about support as I won't be using data, just talk and text and it should just be "plug and play."

Thanks for any comments or advice.
    H20 runs aon At&T and for the most part AT&T works great in most areas for talk and text. The h20 Annual for 60.00 is a great plan for the money. I'm Signing up fpr this in January

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    H20 runs aon At&T and for the most part AT&T works great in most areas for talk and text. The h20 Annual for 60.00 is a great plan for the money. I'm Signing up fpr this in January
    Okay, thanks. I'll probably sign up for it as well.

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    I've got an AGM M7 phone with dual SIM (fantastic speaker). I'm looking at the $60 annual Unlimited Talk & Text plan from H2O Wireless for AT&T on the second SIM.
    Humm... I don't think the AGM M7 is on the AT&T allowed whitelist, so it's probably not going to work on H2O.

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf

I'd suggest you buy one month/$10 90-days Paygo first to test it out to see if it works, before you buy a whole year.

Further googling suggests it might have VoLTE for T-Mobile, but is missing band 12 so future support is iffy at best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dumbphones/...lte_on_agm_m7/

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slepy View Post
    Further googling suggests it might have VoLTE for T-Mobile, but is missing band 12 so future support is iffy at best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dumbphones/...lte_on_agm_m7/
    Just curious, was this the USA version? The U.S. version (supposedly) supports the following bands...

2G GSM B2/B3/B5/B8
    3G WCDMA B1/B2/B4/B5/B6
    4G FDD B1/B2/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B17/B18/B19/B25/B26/B66
    4G TDD B38/B39/B40/B41

This is on their box, not on their site, so I think they've upgraded the U.S. version. Documentation is (more or less) non-existent. I do know my nephew gets VoLTE on Red Pocket AT&T.

That said, this would be my secondary SIM, and only one of the SIMs can use 4G at a time. My nephew bought one of these (open box) on eBay (from the AGM store) and was so impressed he convinced me to get one. Right now they're not listed, but when we bought them they were $59, but had a coupon that brought the price down to $52 (including shipping). I'm guessing open box ones will show up again (in case anyone is interested).

If you look at the U.S. version on AGM they say...

For the USA Area customers, we support the AT&T, US SpeedTalk and T-Mobile users.

https://www.agmmobile.com/products/us-agm-m7

But when you go to the specs, they show the international bands. And most sellers advertising this phone say T-Mobile only. At any rate, apparently, if you buy an AGM M7 from the U.S. warehouse you'll have AT&T support.

Here's the eBay listing...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31378757357...Bk9SR8a03IDiYA

You can see, even there, they list specs that don't match what's on their box.

The model I have is AM7USABL01. This is what's printed on the box.

Name:  agmusa4.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  146.0 KB

I'm looking at the bands H2O wants, and I see that it supports B30 (2300 WCS), but it's not supported on this phone. Is this a "show stopper?"

Another EDIT: I can't (yet) personally confirm this phone works with AT&T, but it does work with Verizon (Twigby). Data (VoLTE), hotspot, calling -- all worked.
    Last edited by rcentros; 09-05-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    I'd suggest you buy one month/$10 90-days Paygo first to test it out to see if it works, before you buy a whole year.
    I'll look into that suggestion as well. It might not be a bad idea to see how well H2O works in this area anyhow. I think I might talk to my nephew to confirm that Red Pocket AT&T fully works.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    I picked up an H2O SIM at Best Buy (forgot I could do that) and tested it in the AGM M7 (with their $10, 3 month plan, thanks Slepy). Works fine, with 4G VoLTE, when it's the only or primary SIM. If I try to make it the secondary SIM (which is how I planned to use it) it goes dead. So, apparently we don't have AT&T 2G/3G (?) here at all. If I make it the primary SIM, T-Mobile drops back to "G" (which I assume is 2G) and both lines work. I doubt that it will keep up like this for much longer. So, if I want to use this phone for AT&T (basically "roaming" for me) I'll probably have to (eventually) choose which SIM is active and shut down the other one.

So, to sum up, I've tested this phone with Twigby (Verizon), Hello Mobile (T-Mobile) and now H2O (AT&T) and all three worked at 4G VoLTE, but the AT&T SIM fails as the secondary SIM (no AT&T 2G, I think).

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    Forgot to mention the $1 H2O SIMs are available at Target and Best Buy.

Glad your testing found the issue before you spent $60 for a year's service. Suprised a China phone can even be VoLTE compatible with Verizon and AT&T. From your testing, looks like it can't do dual active SIM VoLTE, so only the primary/single SIM can do VoLTE, secondary/backup needs to use 2G/3G.

Unfortunately, as you have surmised, 2G/3G is gone in the USA. AT&T started shutdown 3G in Feb 2022, and has pretty much completed shutdown nationwide now. T-Mobile started July 2022, and is only keeping a sliver of 2G up. 3G is completely gone. That 2G probably has only a year or two left at best, mainly for IOT/M2M usage.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Glad your testing found the issue before you spent $60 for a year's service. Suprised a China phone can even be VoLTE compatible with Verizon and AT&T. From your testing, looks like it can't do dual active SIM VoLTE, so only the primary/single SIM can do VoLTE, secondary/backup needs to use 2G/3G.

Unfortunately, as you have surmised, 2G/3G is gone in the USA. AT&T started shutdown 3G in Feb 2022, and has pretty much completed shutdown nationwide now. T-Mobile started July 2022, and is only keeping a sliver of 2G up. 3G is completely gone. That 2G probably has only a year or two left at best, mainly for IOT/M2M usage.
    It's actually not that bad of news for me because it just means I would have to turn the SIM on when needed (when at an out of service area for T-Mobile). I could even forward my calls if I knew in advance the T-Mobile would be out of service area. (So I'll probably keep the 3 month, pay as you go plan for backup, since minutes roll over.) My nephew likes having both lines active, so it will be more of an adjustment for him. (He lives in the Dallas area, so probably a better chance the T-Mobile 2G will stay up longer there.)

As for the phone, itself, I"m impressed with it. Basically no documentation and the wrong specs on their US website but, otherwise, works as advertised (on the box, not on their site).

Feedback Score
    From your testing, looks like it can't do dual active SIM VoLTE, so only the primary/single SIM can do VoLTE, secondary/backup needs to use 2G/3G.
    You are correct. I found that info on the AGM website under a different model:

"It supports Dual SIM Cards, Micro SIM *2 (SIM 1 for 4G, SIM 2 for 2G), Only 1 SIM can have 4G when insert 2 SIM cards."

From the M6 specs:

https://www.agmmobile.com/products/agm-m6

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    "It supports Dual SIM Cards, Micro SIM *2 (SIM 1 for 4G, SIM 2 for 2G), Only 1 SIM can have 4G when insert 2 SIM cards."
    It's the same for the M7, except the M7 supports more LTE bands and all three carriers in VoLTE (but still only one SIM at a time). The only major band they're missing is 71, which is unfortunate for T-Mobile users, like me.