Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Purchase data only at a cost of less than $10 per 1gb?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Device(s)
    Google Pixel 6 Pro and Google Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0

    Purchase data only at a cost of less than $10 per 1gb?

    I am looking to purchase add on data only. The cost at the Tracfone website is $10 per 1 gb. Surprisingly, on eBay the cost of data only per gb on eBay is more than $10 per gb. Does anyone know of a source where I can purchase more than 1 gb of data at a cost of less than $10 per gb?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,226
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you have a TF branded phone, sometimes in the cart you can find the 1GB of data add-on for $8 under special offers. I don't see it there now though. Bring the $10 calling card add-on to the cart to have the option of removing it.

    Added: I only see $7 for 500MB atm.

    I recall it was there a week ago.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,226
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    According to this $7 for 500MB is free:


    Name:  yes.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  43.9 KB - Name:  news.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  19.5 KB


    I guess this is an error lol.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,104
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    For a TF-branded phone, sometimes TF will offer data for $8 for 1GB when you buy another time card, but they don't always offer it.

    Name:  Tracfone-add-on-offer-6.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  45.6 KB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    245
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can get the Free Add-On to show up but only after I select another add-on such as the $5 text. But then cannot delete the $5 add-on.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,226
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    I can get the Free Add-On to show up but only after I select another add-on such as the $5 text. But then cannot delete the $5 add-on.
    Add the $10 global calling card (not the $5 text) to the cart and then select/add the free one and deselect the $10 global calling card from under special offers. I don't know if it really gives for free... seems to be an error.

    The $10 global calling card is removable. The only add-on or plan that is. Remove/deselect it from under special offers after you have selected/added the special offers add-on desired.


    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Bring the $10 calling card add-on to the cart to have the option of removing it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    786
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Add the $10 global calling card (not the $5 text) to the cart and then select/add the free one and deselect the $10 global calling card from under special offers. I don't know if it really gives for free... seems to be an error.

    The $10 global calling card is removable. The only add-on or plan that is. Remove/deselect it from under special offers after you have selected/added the special offers add-on desired.
    When you go to pay it shows up as $7 on the final screen.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,226
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    When you go to pay it shows up as $7 on the final screen.
    Yeah I didn't bother with it just saw it up to that point.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    245
    Feedback Score
    0
    I tried as suggested & used Firefox & Edge. Tried the $10 Global card & also the $49.9 one year card. They all show the same results. There is no option to delete the $10 or $49.99 cards.

    I can select 1, 2 or 3 Global card but not "zero" or delete. Selecting "Edit" takes me back to the screen with the plans.

    Name:  Tracfone_1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  49.4 KB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,226
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    I tried as suggested & used Firefox & Edge. Tried the $10 Global card & also the $49.9 one year card. They all show the same results. There is no option to delete the $10 or $49.99 cards.

    I can select 1, 2 or 3 Global card but not "zero" or delete. Selecting "Edit" takes me back to the screen with the plans.

    You're not doing it right. I'm using Chrome... to get $49.99 365 day add-on for example:


    Enter the cart with $10 global calling card (add it to the cart):

    Name:  one.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  31.4 KB



    Select add-on you want from under special offers :

    Name:  two.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  51.3 KB



    Deselect the global calling card from under special offers:

    Name:  three.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  43.7 KB



    That removes the global calling card from the cart and just leaves the $49.99 add-on or whatever you chose.


    Name:  news.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  27.5 KB

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    245
    Feedback Score
    0
    The cart shows $17 +tax and not enrolled in auto refill.

    If I select Auto Refill for the $10 Global card, then no options appear for the $7 or $49.99 cards.

    Name:  Tracfone_2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  41.8 KB

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    245
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks - that works.
    Why the heck didn't I think of that.

    The Order Summary shows Free but the Cart shows $7.

    Name:  Tracfone_3.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  29.6 KB Name:  Tracfone_4.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  33.9 KB

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,226
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I saw the 1GB for $8 "special offer" in the cart about 2 weeks ago.. it comes up every now and then.

    Name:  save.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  19.7 KB

    I don't think you can buy it with points.

    In the past with the old free 500 MB coupon with that offer you could get 1.5 GB for $8 or 3 GB for $16.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm looking to purchase data only UDP plan
    By chipdawg in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 12:35 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 05:22 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 07:32 PM
  4. Interesting presentation looking at the cost of mobile data
    By g00gler in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
  5. Purchasing phone only at Cingular store
    By abcheng in forum AT&T
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 09:38 PM

Bookmarks