Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is TN not eligible for 3 month Network Pass?

Feedback Score

Why is TN not eligible for 3 month Network Pass?

When you put in your address and you have to choose form a dropdown box for the state, literally every other state AND US territory is listed, but not Tennessee.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    You've been around awhile if you know the phrase "Sorry, Tennessee!"

Source: https://youtu.be/jIeRXJPHTEc?t=37

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
    You've been around awhile if you know the phrase "Sorry, Tennessee!"

Source: https://youtu.be/jIeRXJPHTEc?t=37
    Doesn't answer the question

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    When you put in your address and you have to choose form a dropdown box for the state, literally every other state AND US territory is listed, but not Tennessee.
    I would refer this to the carrier for the best answer to your question. I doubt anyone on this forum can say why with any certainty. We can only speculate. There are other plans/features that are only available in select states as well. Best wishes.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I would refer this to the carrier for the best answer to your question. I doubt anyone on this forum can say why with any certainty. We can only speculate. There are other plans/features that are only available in select states as well. Best wishes.
    Well others can confirm this is an issue and not just something on my end for one thing. Second how exactly as non-T-mobile customer am I supposed to contact the correct people for this and no some clueless CS rep and please don't mention Twitter as I do not have nor will I ever have a Twitter account If someone who enjoy contact t-mobile via twitter would be so kind as to let them know their programmers are kind of stupid I'd appreciate it

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Facebook allows you to chat with an online representative. I don't use Twitter either. Unless someone on this forum works for T-Mobile, you aren't likely to get an explanation here. You could try to email them to see if you get a response. I am afraid that I can't tell you why TN cannot have the feature that you want, I am only trying to suggest a solution.

Maybe TN succeeded from the Union.

Feedback Score
    I got a new iPhone Friday and I repeated the process of using the iPhone app to add the Network Pass. I knew others were having difficulty using the address and this time I used the house address of a friend's former residence. I started by typing in the street number and the street--the app then filled in the city and state. I definitely did not use a drop down box to pick the state. Once I selected the address I was looking for, the app even said in green this was verified by the US Postal Service.

You may want to revisit this process as described. I did a second Network Pass, (as the first one wouldn't transfer from the replacement iPhone) just by using a new gmail address and a friends street address. No further verification was needed. It added the full phone plan to the vacant esim on my iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I got a new iPhone Friday and I repeated the process of using the iPhone app to add the Network Pass. I knew others were having difficulty using the address and this time I used the house address of a friend's former residence. I started by typing in the street number and the street--the app then filled in the city and state. I definitely did not use a drop down box to pick the state. Once I selected the address I was looking for, the app even said in green this was verified by the US Postal Service.

You may want to revisit this process as described. I did a second Network Pass, (as the first one wouldn't transfer from the replacement iPhone) just by using a new gmail address and a friends street address. No further verification was needed. It added the full phone plan to the vacant esim on my iPhone.
    My address doesn't show up doing it that way otherwise I would have. Not sure why it's normal street. Once again there is ZERO excuse as to why they left off one state when fricken Guam is on there. But I appreciate the help

UPDATE. When I put in my address it doesn't show and neither do any addresses on my road. I did however get addresses on other streets in my town to show up however when clicking on those the state area is still left blank. So apparently I have 2 issues. My son's address in another state show up fine. I guess I might just have to use that which is stupid
    Last edited by Jack Hagar; 09-20-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just use an out of state address.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    Just use an out of state address.
    And if I decide to switch it's not going to cause issues with the address I gave not really being mine? One again what's so hard about them adding teh state to their database? This is literally a 5 minute fix

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    And if I decide to switch it's not going to cause issues with the address I gave not really being mine? One again what's so hard about them adding teh state to their database? This is literally a 5 minute fix
    If you decide to switch then just go online or do it in a store. The test drive doesn’t have anything to do with your ability to switch or not. I’m not disagreeing with you that clearly there’s an issue but putting in a different address would fix the issue and they don’t send you anything in the mail since it’s an esim.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    If you decide to switch then just go online or do it in a store. The test drive doesn’t have anything to do with your ability to switch or not. I’m not disagreeing with you that clearly there’s an issue but putting in a different address would fix the issue and they don’t send you anything in the mail since it’s an esim.
    I understand your thought on this, but remember that if the phone is constantly being used on towers outside the user's address on file, it could raise some red flags that a false address is on file. I don't know the current policy but it was an issue a number of years ago with the carriers. The term PPU (Primary place of use) was a common term when I was a CS rep but I don't know if it matters any longer with modern cellular plans.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Why is TN not eligible for 3 month Network Pass?

Y’all are seriously overthinking this and worrying about things that don’t matter. Even if this put up red flags, so what? T-Mobile isn’t going to send someone to break your knees because you use their network trial outside of your home address. People travel, that’s perfectly normal. The worst thing that would happen is they could stop your network trial. Worrying about the nuances of the T&C on a completely free trial is a waste of time and not even worth talking about. Either use the trial or don’t. 🤷*♂️

Feedback Score
    The latest update finally added TN. Singed up and as I suspected, garbage. Had to go outside to even test n71 BARELY getting a signal. Got maybe 60 Mbps downlink and 1-2 Mbps uplink. This is over "5G". And this is at 11 PM. Verizon strong signal 213 Mbps downlink, 37 Mbps uplink over LTE. Indoors T-Mobile "5G" n71 -117 signal strength Verizon's band 66 -108.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ironically, I can get 400Mbps on TMobile LTE, but n71 will struggle to hit 100Mbps down. n41, is a different story.

Sent from my SM-G991U using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast