Thread: Beware of TracFone customer service acting like they don't have a clue what they are doing

Up in the New Mexico mountains where the cougars run free and are covered with snow! Breathe the FRESH AIR, there!
    Device(s)
    Do, Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    BYOP works the best! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE TRACFONE ON ALL CARRIERS LIKE HSN claims?
    Feedback Score

Beware of TracFone customer service acting like they don't have a clue what they are doing

I have heard many people say customer service representatives are doing this to act dumb where they don't have to give correct balances.
    I have even seen and heard corporate managers make up their own terms and conditions when you have them open right in front of you! These people really are incompetent can you need to report them to their managers and if you cannot get any success file a complaint with a better Business bureau and bring legal action against Verizon and TracFone!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM) Walmart Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it is an act. I think they ARE clueless due to bad scripts they read and lack of training.

A recent 2 hour chat session trying to move my wifes's CDMA service to an AT&T sim and new VoLTE phone bears that out. The wrong replies seemed to come straight off bad scripts and lack of ability/permission to think for themself.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone on VZW
    Feedback Score
    I've started chats and asked for them to confirm my balances and service end date and give me a ticket #.
    I have been told, "We don't give those out anymore.". That's a blatant lie.
    I quit that chat and start a new one and the next rep. (or the one after that) gives me my balances. They give the ticket # at the end.
    iPhone 11 on Tracfone/VZW.
    I hate Apple. (I really miss Android)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Never forget that when dealing with prepaid/MVNO customer support you are usually not talking/chatting with the sharpest knife in the drawer. You are paying less for service/features than postpaid accounts and it shows with their customer support.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    I combined two lines yesterday via chat. The rep was very good and all was done smoothly in a matter of minutes.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM) Walmart Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    I combined two lines yesterday via chat. The rep was very good and all was done smoothly in a matter of minutes.
    That has been my experience too in the past with the standard tasks. This "force them to Verizon" rollout is new and seems to be not well planned with a lack of training.