Thread: Bluetooth spp dongle???

Feedback Score

Bluetooth spp dongle???

Hello, I have a gizzmo that has bluetooth on it. It needs a firmware update thru the bluetooth. So I need to get a bluetooth dongle to put in my PCs USB. The Gizzmo instructions says make sure my PC bluetooth is SPP protocol compatible. I dont have a clue what the instructions are talking about. I looked at dozens of Bluetooth dongles in Amazon of various prices and not a single one even mentions SPP. The instructions in my Gizzmo are clear. If the PC bluetooth is not spp compatible, then I have to get another bluetooth. So its got to be something that not all bluetooths have. Even if they say backwards compatible. Does anybody know what Im supposed to be looking for? Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It might help if you identify the "gizzmo" in question (Make/model) and what it is used for.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Hello, the Gizzmo is an Atorch DL24M. A Chinese unit that drains batteries. Then it displays all the data about how well the battery performed. A useful tool to evaluate Lithium batteries. Its got bluetooth connection to my smart phone, but it needs bluetooth connection to windows to update the firmware. That's where I need to add bluetooth with spp protocol. I assume its old protocol since there's no mention of it in todays dongles, but they all say backwards compatible. But there is tons of bluetooth circuit boards with spp that can be integrated with user circuits. But they don't plug into PCs. So I'm abit stumped on this one. I found a few v2.0 bluetooth dongles, but no mention of spp.