Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does this look normal for Unlimited Plan?

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Does this look normal for Unlimited Plan?

My MIL' s account, who I manage, changed today from a 90 day $20 plan that had expiration 12/22 to an Unlimited $30 monthly plan because she qualified for an ACP plan. Here is what her balance looks like. The plan expiration date is from her previous plan.

I couldn't paste it in but it says Balances 0 for talk, text and data. Then it says that the data on an unlimited plan will carry over for 30 additional days.

Since I've never had an unlimited plan, I do not not how the behave should look.

Feedback Score
    No, that does not sound right. Look at MsBren's recent thread -- it sounds like a similar issue. When my unlimited plan changed to 0, I could not call or text.
    This screenshot is not an ACP acct, but this how an unlimited plan should look:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 9.58.57 PM.png
Views: 109
Size:  15.4 KB

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Ok, thank you. Yes, it does look similar to the other thread. I can see today that there are two plans on the line. One is the new ACP and the other is her old 90 day plan. The ACP does show balances of 0 for talk and text. THe reason her service is working is because of the balances on her 90 plan.Name:  TFBALHAL.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  49.8 KB
    TZ

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Depending on a person's phone usage, using the ACP benefit for phone service might not be the best choice. The requirements to get Lifeline (administered by Safelink, Qlink, Assurance, etc) and/or ACP are the same. The picture below shows the difference Safelink plans for Lifeline, ACP, Lifeline + ACP. If the Lifeline Plan meets your MIL's needs, and she has to pay for Internet/Cable service, use her $30 ACP benefit for Internet/Cable service instead.

My daughter gets Lifeline service through Assurance Wireless and each month she gets 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, 4.5GB data. That's much more than what she needs. So she uses her $30 ACP benefit toward her Internet bill.

Name:  Safelink-Plans.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  21.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    My MIL' s account, who I manage, changed today from a 90 day $20 plan that had expiration 12/22 to an Unlimited $30 monthly plan because she qualified for an ACP plan.
    It looks like one of my family members qualifies. After application approval, did the new plan just get added to the account? Or did you have to call for your MIL's line?

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    It looks like one of my family members qualifies. After application approval, did the new plan just get added to the account? Or did you have to call for your MIL's line?
    Once I applied and saw the app was pending, I realized I hadn't told them anything about her current phone number and plan. I googled a bit and found a link specific to TF where I put in her phone number, selected a plan and provided the confirmation number from when I submitted the application. No more than an hour later, I could tell she was approved and that changes were happening on her plan. Now I'm just not sure if it's correct so I must chat online with TF to check.

I apologize for not supplying that TF link, but everything I bookmarked yesterday comes back with an error today.

Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks for the additional info.

Edit: Wow, super fast. I already see the extra data on her account. I guess I will just need to watch the renewal in a month.

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    For you experts out there, if I'm calling into TF to ask about my MIL's plan, should I tell them I'm her, or say it's a relative whose plan I'm managing? I don't have the phone with me in case they want to send her a verification text, but I could ask her to give me the number when they send it.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    For you experts out there, if I'm calling into TF to ask about my MIL's plan, should I tell them I'm her, or say it's a relative whose plan I'm managing?
    It's best to act as if you're her. Otherwise, TF reps are likely to refuse to discus her account with you due to confidentiality. When discussing my daughter's Assurance wireless account via Chat, I'll say that I'm her. But if I have to call, I'll tell the rep I'm her father/legal guardian and I have the guardianship document on file with them.

Feedback Score
    For you experts out there, if I'm calling into TF to ask about my MIL's plan, should I tell them I'm her, or say it's a relative whose plan I'm managing? I don't have the phone with me in case they want to send her a verification text, but I could ask her to give me the number when they send it.
    When I called the corporate line about my mother's line recently, I had my parents on FaceTime on my computer to get the verification code. I gave my mother's name, but I did not get the sense the agent checked the name on the account.

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    It's best to act as if you're her. Otherwise, TF reps are likely to refuse to discus her account with you due to confidentiality. When discussing my daughter's Assurance wireless account via Chat, I'll say that I'm her. But if I have to call, I'll tell the rep I'm her father/legal guardian and I have the guardianship document on file with them.
    Thank you. Funny, chat said they could not chat regarding ACP. HOwever I called this number and told them I was calling on behalf of my 86 year old MIL and although they sent her the confirm text code, they ended up sending the code to my email that I use for her account. Thanks for the info though.

So they said her plan was enrolled correctly, but that I would not see it that way on my end in the account. If she has any issues, to call them back. We probably won't know until her original plan runs out (just put 90 days on plan).

Feedback Score
    I've had Lifeline/ACP with Safelink since March. The first few months I got all zeroes when texting BAL to 611611, then the replies just started showing the correct stats. I did an internet search and found this is not uncommon with these programs. I read somewhere that the balance showing in a new account is only added/updated quarterly. I can't access my account stats on the Safelink website.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiedewbie View Post
    I've had Lifeline/ACP with Safelink since March. The first few months I got all zeroes when texting BAL to 611611, then the replies just started showing the correct stats. I did an internet search and found this is not uncommon with these programs. I read somewhere that the balance showing in a new account is only added/updated quarterly. I can't access my account stats on the Safelink website.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I think the account is fine.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone Verizon Network
    Feedback Score
    I had this same issue with the ACP when transferring my service to a new sim. Everytime I tried to add a new unlimited plan that would happen. I don't touch the unlimited plans anymore because they glitch too often.

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charmedangelina View Post
    I had this same issue with the ACP when transferring my service to a new sim. Everytime I tried to add a new unlimited plan that would happen. I don't touch the unlimited plans anymore because they glitch too often.
    Not to make this thread about ACP, but do we have to do anything monthly to keep it going? I thought it was automatic, but I got an email today from Tracfone saying MIL had been approved and to call a number every month to select the plan and get the ACP discount.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast