Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 12K points disappeared today -- If you have points in Pending, take screenshots every day!

Feedback Score

My 12K points disappeared today -- If you have points in Pending, take screenshots every day!

Logged into my account today to spin the wheel and noticed that 12,000 points have disappeared from Pending. The points were showing as Pending yesterday, but they're gone today.

This is totally arbitrary! There wasn't any referral scheduled to vest today, so Tracfone has now started pilfering points just whenever they feel like? I am totally exhausted.

After the last time (last November) when they made my referral points go poof, I made it a habit to take screenshots one day before the 61st day. This time, I had referred someone on July 13, 61st day is on Sept 12, so there was no need for me to take screenshots yesterday.

Now I am kicking myself for not taking screenshots. But it's crazy to have to take screenshots everyday! I don't know what to do. I am scared to talk to Corporate, what if they put some sort of black mark on the account and the rest of the referrals don't vest either. I don't know, I'm just exhausted thinking about this. Any advice much appreciated.

It's bad enough that Pending points disappeared without vesting on the 61st day in the past - now, they have started disappearing at any arbitrary point in time! Please take screenshots every day, if you have pending points.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    After the last time (last November) when they made my referral points go poof, I made it a habit to take screenshots one day before the 61st day. This time, I had referred someone on July 13, 61st day is on Sept 12, so there was no need for me to take screenshots yesterday.
    You might want to check with the referee to see if the line activated on July 13 is still active and wasn't changed. If that line was changed, that would affect the referral points on your end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If that line was changed, that would affect the referral points on your end.
    What counts for 'line was changed'? Change of phone number, or SIM change, IMEI change, line inactive, porting out, or others? I have been wondering this since I changed my phone the other day.

Feedback Score
    You might want to check with the referee to see if the line activated on July 13 is still active and wasn't changed. If that line was changed, that would affect the referral points on your end.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check. (I had told them to make absolutely no changes, but I guess anything can happen).

If changes are made to the line, when do the points disappear? Meaning, do the points disappear on the day the changes are made? I wish TF would put a reason in the account so that people like me stop freaking out when points disappear..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile1212 View Post
    What counts for 'line was changed'? Change of phone number, or SIM change, IMEI change, line inactive, porting out, or others?
    TF will look for any excuse to disqualify reward points. If the line expires or got port out (which will deactivate it), you'll definitely lose the pending points. Transferring service to another phone or BYOP SIM stands a good chance of losing points because the original device changed. Getting a different phone number to replace one that gets spammed COULD lose the points because the original number changed.

I might be paranoid, but I don't make any changes to a line if there are pending points tied to it.

Feedback Score
    The program is odd because referrals are tied to an account separate from your phone numbers (hence why you can for a bit have points with no active service) but a lot of things still seem to be tied to the actual specific device on your account. Especially on the referral program it's almost like both sides need to be frozen in time for 61 days.. it's capricious and I am sure there are still times when points are taken away even with a deep freeze...

Good luck sillyette though I think you know this will be a tough road, even if you HAD the screenshots.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    If changes are made to the line, when do the points disappear? Meaning, do the points disappear on the day the changes are made?
    Logically (not that TF do things logically), when a disqualifying event takes place, the points would disappear right away, because there's no reason to string you along until the 61st day.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Are points vesting on a refurbished phone?
    In my account 10,000 were added the day my refurb Stylus shipped. The 10,000 points are still pending, but Its showing as a reactivation in the phone transaction section.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    We need a datapoint from someone who either got or didn't get AAL points with a refurb phone. To be fair, TF should clear the history of a refurb phone that they're selling, otherwise they're shortchanging the buyer if AAL points are denied.

Feedback Score
    In my account 10,000 were added the day my refurb Stylus shipped. The 10,000 points are still pending, but Its showing as a reactivation in the phone transaction section.
    I activated a refurbished LG Journey back in Feb. 22. Yes, it was shown as reactivation. I checked back the transaction record of the phone and found that the phone was first activated in Nov. 21 (before Verizon's taking over) and deactivated the next day. I got the rewards points (7000) and had the phone unlocked after 60 days.

Edit: For the phone unlock I had to call the unlock department because it was refused when I tried to do it on-line.
    Last edited by Rick880; 09-10-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    I activated a refurbished LG Journey back in Feb. 22. Yes, it was shown as reactivation. I checked back the transaction record of the phone and found that the phone was first activated in Nov. 21 (before Verizon's taking over) and deactivated the next day. I got the rewards points (7000) and had the phone unlocked after 60 days.

Edit: For the phone unlock I had to call the unlock department because it was refused when I tried to do it on-line.
    Thank you.
    How did you check back and see when the phone was or originally activated/deactivated?

Feedback Score
    Thank you.
    How did you check back and see when the phone was or originally activated/deactivated?
    From your Tracfone on-line account, Manage lines -> Transactions will show you the transactions in the last 90 days. You then change the starting date and the ending date to see transactions before that, 90 days (or less) at a time. (The search button will be grayed out if the period within is more than 90 days). You just keep on doing it until you reach the first transaction, which should be an "Activation" transaction.
    Last edited by Rick880; 09-10-2022 at 10:17 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    From your Tracfone on-line account, Manage lines -> Transactions will show you the transactions in the last 90 days. You then change the starting date and the ending date to see transactions before that, 90 days (or less) at a time. (The search button will be grayed out if the period within is more than 90 days). You just keep on doing it until you reach the first transaction, which should be an "Activation" transaction.
    Thank you.

My refurb Stylus shows Activation 10/16/2021, Deactivation 10/27/2021.
    Then nothing else until Reactivation on 08/26/2022 when I got it.
    That explains the excellent battery life, was only used 11 days before I got it.

Feedback Score
    TF will look for any excuse to disqualify reward points. ....
    I might be paranoid, but I don't make any changes to a line if there are pending points tied to it.
    That's the thing that makes me mad. The only thing they specify about referral rewards is that the line should be active at 60 days, and that the new account needs to sign up for rewards within 14 days of activation. (I checked four different Tracfone pages, and read through all the fine print related to referral rewards!)

The rest of the things - stuff like we aren't supposed to change the number, or device, or SIM - all those aren't specified anywhere. And yet, they use those excuses to take away points.

I guess we don't have any other option but to become paranoid!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    We need a datapoint from someone who either got or didn't get AAL points with a refurb phone. To be fair, TF should clear the history of a refurb phone that they're selling, otherwise they're shortchanging the buyer if AAL points are denied.
    I successfully got the AAL points on the A51 I got several months ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast